United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Without RVP rags would be mid table

They wouldn't be mid table, but they certainly wouldn't be 7 points clear either. RVP has been their best player this season, and by some distance. I'd suggest without him City and United would be, at worst, on pretty much even terms at this point. RVP must have been worth at least 7 points to United so far this season.

jrb said:
Back down to $14.03.

Drop of 43c today.

Somebody cashing in I suspect.

Not that I know much abou share dealing tbh.
I know very little about this kind of thing, so from a simpleton's view point (ie mine) it looks like the shares are doing well to me. Weren't they issued at $14, dropped to $12 and keep bobbing between the two figures?

Given the class of share they issued and the predictions from some on here, it seems to have held out way beyond anyone might have expected.

Or am I totally off pat?

He has been fortunate not to miss a large chunk of games though via suspension. Should have gone at Anfield for a 2 footed, studs up tackle, as bad at the one the Pool player got sent off for but only got a yellow.
Then could have gone for the elbow he threw at Newcastle. 2nd red is a 4 match ban so that would have been 7 games missed.
Then lucky not to get sent off for his reaction at Swansea.

hertsblue said:
He has been fortunate not to miss a large chunk of games though via suspension. Should have gone at Anfield for a 2 footed, studs up tackle, as bad at the one the Pool player got sent off for but only got a yellow.
Then could have gone for the elbow he threw at Newcastle. 2nd red is a 4 match ban so that would have been 7 games missed.
Then lucky not to get sent off for his reaction at Swansea.
You use words like "fortunate" and "lucky" as if he escaped due to a refereeing mistake, there's a touching level of naivety in that viewpoint, there really is. Given RVP's stature as pretty much the only reason United are in the position they are do you honestly think he's going to get sent off and banned for several matches, really? Just like Rooney last season and the lack of bookings.

I hate comparisons like this. IF RVP didn't sign would UTD have played with 10 men all season? Would RVPS replacement have scored 0 goals and gotten 0 assists?

I would like to add that if we (spurs) had not signed Lloris this season then we would be bottom, as no one else would have saved any of the shots, or even backpasses to him tghis season and we would have lost every game 25-0.

Well, without Dzeko's goals we would be too with that logic. He scored few more goals than Rooney scored last year in same time I guess. It's never as simple as that though he was certainly very important for them so far.

Through the rags history someone usually always steps up if RVP stayed at arsenal Someone else would scored the goals

Dirty Harry said:
squirtyflower said:
Just shows that Sir Alex is a magical manager, seeing things none of us could possibly imagine, who'd have thought Van Persie would be a success

Pure stroke of genius mate, who else would have thought one of the best strikers in Europe, with loads of Champions League and Premier League experience would do so well in a top PL side, only one man could have seen that, and that man was 'Baconman'.

From the van Persie thread

ManCityX said:
It still scares the crap out of me how many posters in the summer over in the Van Persie thread were begging the club not to sign this guy.

Apparently he wasn't what we needed, he was over rated, only had a fluke one off season and was just going to be injured all year.

For the record, I think we'd be comfortably top right now if we got him. Absolute top player.

Even though you could see it, many of us City fans couldn't see it. So don't act as though everyone could see it, what you are implying is false

without Aguero we would've been potless. load of bollo*ks in the press, that's why they spend 24 mill for him to keep up with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.