United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to say the Glazer's aren't propping the share price up via themselves or a 3rd party. Let's be honest, the know every trick in the book. ;-(

If the shares would have crashed it would have been a disaster for the Glazer's.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=NYSE:MANU&ntsp=0&fct=big" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&c ... =0&fct=big</a>

Salford_Blue said:
unexpected item said:
Like the first cuckoo of spring, the rags are nothing if not predictable

Paul Scholes: Liverpool are our big rivals.

Paul Scholes today claimed Manchester City will never replace Liverpool as Manchester United’s biggest rivals.

Liverpool have not won the league since 1990, while City are reigning champions, but Scholes said: “It’ll probably take years for City to create what Liverpool have done. Liverpool, historically, are our biggest rivals, they’re always the biggest games and the best atmospheres.”

That doesn't make grammatical sense does it? How can you use 'are' when talking about the past? Shouldn't it be 'were'?

Pedantic from Salford

pedantic has such a lovely ring to it

r.soleofsalford said:
Salford_Blue said:
unexpected item said:

That doesn't make grammatical sense does it? How can you use 'are' when talking about the past? Shouldn't it be 'were'?

Pedantic from Salford

Has it ? I'm surprised it's not made an appearance in the "Guess the Backside" thread in the cellar then.

strongbowholic said:
jrb said:
Back down to $14.03.

Drop of 43c today.

Somebody cashing in I suspect.

Not that I know much abou share dealing tbh.
I know very little about this kind of thing, so from a simpleton's view point (ie mine) it looks like the shares are doing well to me. Weren't they issued at $14, dropped to $12 and keep bobbing between the two figures?

Given the class of share they issued and the predictions from some on here, it seems to have held out way beyond anyone might have expected.

Or am I totally off pat?

The US stock exchange generally was has been more buoyant since the 'fiscal cliff' was avoided. I own shares quoted on Nasdaq and they've been on the rise during December and jumped even higher after New Year. Rag shares have also benefited from this increased optimism but there will be those who bought at the launch price of $14 who have cashed in at a small profit when they went over $14 recently which will have contributed to the fluctuation.

unexpected item said:

Paul Scholes today claimed Manchester City will never replace Liverpool as Manchester United’s biggest rivals.

Liverpool have not won the league since 1990, while City are reigning champions, but Scholes said: “It’ll probably take years for City to create what Liverpool have done. Liverpool, historically, are our biggest rivals, they’re always the biggest games and the best atmospheres.”
I think they reckon the more they say that Liverpool are their biggest rivals, the more likely it is that it will be true. Their celebrations after last months Derby told the real picture of who their biggest rivals are today.

The fact is, the day they admit the truth, that City is their biggest game, is the day they admit to themselves that their worst nightmare has actually come true.

So they keep repeating it over and over: that a mid-table team, who hasn't won the league for over two decades, that hasn't played in the Champions League for nearly four years are the biggest rival of what their manager charmingly called 'the biggest football club in the world'.

It is as absurd as Tom Cruise claiming his biggest rival for 'A' list film roles was not, in fact, Will Smith, but rather Emilo Estevez, because of all their 'history' together.

Sometimes they can be even more small time than we were under Peter Swales.

unexpected item said:

The Mail on Sunday was bigging up the rags v Liverpool game as "the clash of the season". Deluded or what?

The thing about history, Scholesy, is that it's all in the past.

Bloody hell, the rags are literally making me cringe, such is their bitterness. A clueless twat is on Talk Shite saying that our stadium was empty last Saturday and even emptier at the last derby, when "we gave City a good going over".

They don't help themselves.

stony said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Salford_Blue said:

Pedantic from Salford

Has it ? I'm surprised it's not made an appearance in the "Guess the Backside" thread in the cellar then.
well done Sir! PMSL

Pam said:
Bloody hell, the rags are literally making me cringe, such is their bitterness. A clueless twat is on Talk Shite saying that our stadium was empty last Saturday and even emptier at the last derby, when "we gave City a good going over".

They don't help themselves.

I heard that lying red twat......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.