United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viva Rivaldo said:
blueinsa said:
You have also had a 10 point lead cut to 5 in the space of a week.
Are you incapable of having actual real discussions with rival fans?

I think we've done rather well from our away games against the big sides this season. Won against you, Chelsea & Liverpool, and got a draw at Spurs. Not such a bad record.

Interestingly, what let us down today was our attack. Our defence held firm for 90 minutes, but we just weren't clever enough in attack.

Van Persie's header was quality but, aside from contributing the goal, he had a reasonably poor performance. Welbeck was quality again, but it was his composure that let him down again. Great to see Kagawa playing well, and in a more natural role of his. I knew instantly that it'd be he who Rooney was coming on for when I saw him warming up, but would have much rather it been RVP.

Shite refereeing, but Spurs deserved at least a point from that.

waspish said:
Quite right it's like if you didn't get fergie you'd be still 13 titles behind Liverpool ;)
We did.

Viva, if you are satisfied with that performance, you are extremely easy to please. You played like fucking Sjoke all second half. As for the late equalizer, the only reason I can't say you got what you deserved with that is because you should have lost.

hertsblue said:
Sure on paper it looks great, won at ours, Chelsea, pool and spurs but I have never seen such awful referee performances than at pool and Chelsea. Everything inc sending offs, soft penalties etc went for utd. Both pool and Chelsea looked the better teams before utd had a helping hand. Today spurs battered utd and on another day could have won. Even though we lost to utd I also thought we were the better team. Points is all that matters but when you look into how utd got those results, it's more down to poor officials and a lot of luck
Got to agree with all that.The officials have helped Man United a lot this season.Today was one of those days when we had some decent officials.

The Pink Panther said:
blueinsa said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
iwF8L3mw9STHf.gif

No point in crying over it, but if that was Aguero not Rooney, or had happened to Spurs, there'd be about five new "UNITED CONSPIRACY" threads up in this forum.

The only contact is from Rooney kicking the lad in the calf.

Clear for all to see.

Would you say penalty had it been the other around and be honest please.

Got to say that is a penalty and the reason the "assistant ref" didn't flag is obviously that he thinks the defender has toed the ball away from shrek

We never got the penalty at Chelsea last season, when there was a reasonably similar challenge on Silva with the challenge going across the lower leg.

I have re-run that clip about 50 times now and can't for the life of me decide.
What I would say is this.. a single pen counts big time in football : it's virtually a given goal.. so I feel that there has to be an overwhelming case of a BLTANT foul within the box for a pen to be awarded
That level of certaintly is missing here, especially with shrek's melodramatics (he has such form for trying to 'play'/ bully officials anyway). it's not surprising that on the balance of probabilities, the correct decision was 'no pen'

Manx Blue said:
The Pink Panther said:
blueinsa said:
The only contact is from Rooney kicking the lad in the calf.

Clear for all to see.

Would you say penalty had it been the other around and be honest please.

Got to say that is a penalty and the reason the "assistant ref" didn't flag is obviously that he thinks the defender has toed the ball away from shrek

We never got the penalty at Chelsea last season, when there was a reasonably similar challenge on Silva with the challenge going across the lower leg.

As ive metioned on another thread a penalty is not a goal merely a very good scoring chance,the keeper could save it or the player can miss. Many united fans are saying they would have won 0-2 or 1-2 if that penalty was given. More to the point utd got a pen midweek against west ham Rooney scored and utd won 2-0 ...............

for me it was a clear pen. that said it looked very much like utd set up very defensively and spurs got what they deserved. if utd had gone for the throat they would have won by 3 goals,they didnt and that is down to ferguson

I remember shrek diving over Campbell's leg at Trafford and old mother Riley couldn't whistle loud enough, he knew what he was doing also Riley did as well, that ended arsenals unbeaten at 49, which resulted in pizzagate, I've never seen such blatant miss officiating, so fk shrek some you win some you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.