United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouchinho said:
Never a penalty, Rooney was looking for it. People crying "contact" all the time get on my nerves. There is contact all through the match it doesn't mean the ref blows his whistle.

Rooney could have stayed on his feet but chose to drop to the deck.

Dempsey could have chose to hit the deck but stayed on his feet. We would have got a penalty and Evra would have been sent off. I like the fair game

If you can stay on your feet and choose to fall, then it's a dive. It's not gamesmanship or a right to go down because of "contact" . No where in the FIFA rulebook does the word contact come into play. Only Alan Hansen and his followers use this tedious word

I don't really mind Fergie but he's so desperate to finish above City he is putting pressure on every official. As an outsider looking in it looks pretty obvious to me
I was off work yesterday so today was my first day back after the weekend's football, and I was surprised about the number of people who agreed it was not a penalty. I thought the Match of the Day coverage made it pretty clear, but most of the pundits seemed to still think it was a foul.

Ferguson's regular pre-big match press conferences almost always include a warning to the referee, but he's so over the top now, I think it might have the opposite effect. Refs don't want to give Utd decisions for fear of looking weak.

Spurs set up well now for the 4th spot. I watched Everton last night - very lack-lustre. Liverpool are dark horses.

What chance Fulham knocking Utd out of the Cup?

Almost nil based on what we saw of Fulham. Not one effort on target in 90 mins, but I've got a feeling that they will go there with nothing to lose, and will give them a much harder game. I think every team plays Utd now, knowing that if they attack them they can score.

And hopefully Berbatov will pay Ferguson back. The one thing that Fulham do very well is keep the ball, and I think that is one of Utd's weaknesses. They don't retain possession very well. Fulham could frustrate them. Trouble is Fulham don't seem to be able to change their game plan. if they go behind they just carry on playing the same triangles. Difficult to get the ball off them, but they don't hurt you very much

Marvin said:

Almost nil based on what we saw of Fulham. Not one effort on target in 90 mins, but I've got a feeling that they will go there with nothing to lose, and will give them a much harder game. I think every team plays Utd now, knowing that if they attack them they can score.

And hopefully Berbatov will pay Ferguson back. The one thing that Fulham do very well is keep the ball, and I think that is one of Utd's weaknesses. They don't retain possession very well. Fulham could frustrate them. Trouble is Fulham don't seem to be able to change their game plan. if they go behind they just carry on playing the same triangles. Difficult to get the ball off them, but they don't hurt you very much

Best we can hope for is a replay and an extra game for the cunts.

Marvin said:

Oh how I hope Berbatov will "repay" Fergie in the best possible way. I'm Bulgarian so even more reason for me to want him to show baconface where he can put it :D

Surprised more has not been made of them owning 100% of their channel.

With them being big backers in the Uefa FFP and Premier League FFP this is just another way of them wanting to gather all the money and break away from the sky deal and show their games on their own TV channel.

Lets be honest, how many people watch Stoke v West Brom around the world? Not as many as when United are involved.

These lot are the ones ruining football.

WNRH said:

With them being big backers in the Uefa FFP and Premier League FFP this is just another way of them wanting to gather all the money and break away from the sky deal and show their games on their own TV channel.

Lets be honest, how many people watch Stoke v West Brom around the world? Not as many as when United are involved.

They would need 14 clubs to vote for that will never happen

waspish said:
WNRH said:

They would need 14 clubs to vote for that will never happen

They'd probably put it small print at the end of the FFP vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.