United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluesoup said:
Saw Fergie on sky sports say directly that Evra was to blame for the goal. Go back to old footage and it'll be there! Not going to argue about it tho !
That's the interview myself and Matty are talking about - when he said he pulled Evra about it at half time for not challenging but realised he was wrong after seeing the replay, he's not blaming Evra in public. He rarely, if ever, does that. Fergie's a right twat at times but isn't one for publicly criticising his players - even if they thoroughly deserve it.

JM Mcr said:
Matty said:
JM Mcr said:
He didn't blame Evra for Ronaldo's goal tho did he...
Technically he did, although he changed his mind once he'd seen a replay. The initial blaming happened in private, rather than public. We only know about it as Fergie mentioned it in his post match interview.

I thought United could count themselves fairly fortunate to be on level terms after the first leg. They scored having endured pretty much 20 minutes of constant Real pressure, and were certainly the worse of the two sides in the first half. The second half was more even, with Real creating less than they had previously, and Ronaldo being kept quieter. United had a couple of chances, RVP ballsed one up. Overall though United were very defensive, and Real were the better side. A hard fought 1-1 draw, but on balance you'd say Madrid probably deserved to get more out of the game.

The return leg at Old Trafford will be different, I can't see United being so defensive at home, and this will allow Madrid to get a few more chances. I also can't see De Gea having quite as good a game as he did mid week. The tie is still very much anyones to win, I agree with Mourinho when he said that Real can certainly score at Old Trafford, I really can't see United keeping a clean sheet, which means their 1 away goal isn't worth as much as you might think.
Very balanced summation, Utd set out to try n hold Real and sneak an away goal if they could, and achieved that. I also expect Real to score at Old Trafford but think Utd will get plenty of chances too so it should be an intriguing game.

I'm certainly not getting giddy about the 1st leg result - last time we held Real in the 1st leg of a tie (we drew 0-0 over there in 99/00) Real went 3 nil up at Old Trafford, eventually running out 3-2 winners. They also scored 3 last time they visited Old Trafford (Utd won 4-3 but went out on aggregate) and I expect lots of goals again.
Since you write We about united, are you a visitor from the swamp by any chance. ?

bluesoup said:
Saw Fergie on sky sports say directly that Evra was to blame for the goal. Go back to old footage and it'll be there! Not going to argue about it tho !

It was Rooneys fault he should of stopped the cross lazy fucker

AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
Matty said:
Technically he did, although he changed his mind once he'd seen a replay. The initial blaming happened in private, rather than public. We only know about it as Fergie mentioned it in his post match interview.

I thought United could count themselves fairly fortunate to be on level terms after the first leg. They scored having endured pretty much 20 minutes of constant Real pressure, and were certainly the worse of the two sides in the first half. The second half was more even, with Real creating less than they had previously, and Ronaldo being kept quieter. United had a couple of chances, RVP ballsed one up. Overall though United were very defensive, and Real were the better side. A hard fought 1-1 draw, but on balance you'd say Madrid probably deserved to get more out of the game.

The return leg at Old Trafford will be different, I can't see United being so defensive at home, and this will allow Madrid to get a few more chances. I also can't see De Gea having quite as good a game as he did mid week. The tie is still very much anyones to win, I agree with Mourinho when he said that Real can certainly score at Old Trafford, I really can't see United keeping a clean sheet, which means their 1 away goal isn't worth as much as you might think.
Very balanced summation, Utd set out to try n hold Real and sneak an away goal if they could, and achieved that. I also expect Real to score at Old Trafford but think Utd will get plenty of chances too so it should be an intriguing game.

I'm certainly not getting giddy about the 1st leg result - last time we held Real in the 1st leg of a tie (we drew 0-0 over there in 99/00) Real went 3 nil up at Old Trafford, eventually running out 3-2 winners. They also scored 3 last time they visited Old Trafford (Utd won 4-3 but went out on aggregate) and I expect lots of goals again.

Well lets hope for the best then a Ronaldo hatrick and rvp on a stretcher :).
There was a Ronaldo hattrick for Madrid in that 4-3 game back then too so I'd settle for a repeat of that match - noone was stretchered off tho, sorry :-(<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm --<br /><br />
bluesoup said:
JM Mcr said:
Matty said:

Since you write We about united, are you a visitor from the swamp by any chance. ?
Yes.

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:

There was a Ronaldo hattrick for Madrid in that 4-3 game back then too so I'd settle for a repeat of that match - noone was stretchered off tho, sorry :-(

-- Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm --

bluesoup said:
JM Mcr said:

Yes.

But why are you wasting our time ????

bluesoup said:

They don't want to hear that, though, because it isn't convenient.

Pam said:
bluesoup said:

They don't want to hear that, though, because it isn't convenient.
Indeed, far too many rags coming on here doing their usual stirring or rewriting the facts with their big red spoon

a disgusting twat... and Jimmy Savile

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDLBffQCcAAGj1e.jpg:large[/bigimg]

I see that Little Penis has been telling MUFC TV that de Gea will be the best keeper in the world in 2 years time.

Out the door to out of this world in the space of 2 weeks.

The United hype machine keeps on rolling..

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:

There was a Ronaldo hattrick for Madrid in that 4-3 game back then too so I'd settle for a repeat of that match - noone was stretchered off tho, sorry :-(

That 4-3 game has been hyped to ridiculous levels in the years since it was played. The simple fact of that night is that every single time United were within a goal of leading the tie, Madrid went down the other end and increased the gap back to 2 goals. United were never ahead nor even level from the moment Madrid opened the scoring at the Bernabeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.