United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gift that keeps on giving.

From the BBC...

Uefa has begun disciplinary proceedings against Manchester United following their Champions League defeat by Real Madrid on Tuesday.

European football's governing body is taking action over Nani's red card and the "non- fulfilment of post-match media obligations" at Old Trafford. Nani was sent off by Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir in the 56th minute for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa.

United went on to lose the tie 3-2 on aggregate. Nani's red card is subject to a disciplinary review which will decide whether the automatic one-match ban should be extended.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson reacted angrily to the sending off and did not appear for the post-match interviews, with assistant Mike Phelan taking his place.

Phelan explained that Ferguson was not in the right frame of mind to speak publicly so soon after the match, saying: "It's a distraught dressing room and a distraught manager. That's why I am sitting here now." In addition, the Manchester United players walked through the "flash zone" - an area where the waiting media can talk to players - without the required minimum of two stopping.

Fines are the most likely sanctions
for the media misdemeanours.
Uefa says its disciplinary panel will judge the case on 21 March, and a spokesman added: "There are no issues for us regarding the
sending off."

There was no mention of Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand, who sarcastically
applauded Cakir after the final whistle when the players surrounded the officials.

What's happening with Rooney exactly? Is he carrying an injury? Is he in Fergie's bad books?

Wellbeck seemed to have a couple of decent opportunities in the match, but I think he had one touch too many. A decent striker would have tested the goalie or scored I reckon against Madrid

I think Rio was bang out of order still, I wish that ref would go on twitter posting a pic of himself holding a card saying "I merked Nani" to Rio Thick **** Ferdinand

Al Jazeera sports new presenter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/al-jazeera-sports-new-presenter-367454/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/al-jazeera-sp ... er-367454/</a>

The witch hunt continues any 1 that does not favor or is at least sympathetic with uniteds peril and injustice must be name and shamed. yesterday the lynch mob was on there former legend roy kean now the sad dogs moved on to pastures a new. read the thread its beyond bitter way more then what our fellow friends on rawk would do and even to some extent on blue moon. :)

I live in Dubai so i watched this and his analysis was spot on . i guess bitter pathetic fans are bitter.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/true-yesterdays-ref-follows-real-ronnie-twitter-367469/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/true-yesterda ... er-367469/</a>

Just for the lolz conspiracy theories are hard at work.

Nani and the sending off

I watched the game the other night and thought it Should have been a red card because the foot was too high, BUT I didn't expect it, thought that the ref would give yellow Because it was old trafford, after all. So when the ref pulled out the Red, I couldn't believe it,it got me thinking, WHEN was the kast time ANY Manchester Ushited player been sent off at the swamp..... GO on everyone surprise me cos I can't remember.. I have just been on to Google and it's not there.

Cheers nobby_31

Re: Nani and the sending off

nobby_31 said:
I watched the game the other night and thought it Should have been a red card because the foot was too high, BUT I didn't expect it, thought that the ref would give yellow Because it was old trafford, after all. So when the ref pulled out the Red, I couldn't believe it,it got me thinking, WHEN was the kast time ANY Manchester Ushited player been sent off at the swamp..... GO on everyone surprise me cos I can't remember.. I have just been on to Google and it's not there.

Cheers nobby_31

In our glorious 6-1 win.

Unt news conference

Friday morning at Old Trafford Fergerson will face the press,now we know how Bobby has been baited week after week by the reptiles so will it be the same for the Fergie "no show".

Re: Unt news conference

dawlish dave said:
Friday morning at Old Trafford Fergerson will face the press,now we know how Bobby has been baited week after week by the reptiles so will it be the same for the Fergie "no show".

Dont be so stupid. It will be his hand selected few that will be told what the questions will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.