United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
The Future's Blue said:
'Homes near the Etihad Stadium have an average price of about 79,098 pounds compared with 21,328 pounds in April 2002, Halifax said. Properties close to Old Trafford, less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) to the west, are valued at 154,145 pounds, up from 80,698 pounds a decade ago.'

What it's saying is that since the stadium has been built the houses around have jumped to nearly 4 times the value while those at yours have nearly doubled.
There is another way to look at it.

The average price near our ground has gone up £57,770, and around OT £73,447, I suspect this is mainly due to the considerable new build around both stadiums, but more near ours than theirs, and yet the average near theirs has still gone up more than near ours.

Statistics can be used to suit all angles.

No idea why any of this matters in a football forum though.
Very true Cleavers but in the context of the subject though.......................oh, who the hell am I kidding, he's right isn't he! I'll keep my mouth shut next time as this is nothing to do with Manchester City or the part they hold within the community (PS. Is this the General Forum?).

I apologise JM Mcr, I will conform to the new opinion that what you say is correct and that I've reacted to your lighthearted banter regarding East Manchester.

Have a nice day.

My involvement in your post wasn't about City, it was about an area that you deemed below you because you have moved out. You say you are immensely proud so please tell me the last time you returned to said places and had to run through them in fear of the worst? Proud is a word you use as something to prove you haven't changed.

This isn't about insults, this is about real thoughts about real people because every post I read of yours is nothing other than well thought out and real. Anybody else, I could take as lighthearted as that's how many City fans are, but you have proved in those few posts how bitter a Man United fan can be.

We're obviously never going to agree on my motives for posting what I did so probably best to leave it now but I'll make one final (probably futile) attempt to defend myself before I do.I don't deem ANY part of Manchester to be beneath me - I live in Harpurhey ffs, hardly Salford Quays.

Unless you live in east manchester yourself then I would suggest I spend more time there than you do and no I've never had to run thro them in fear of the worst. In fact I've experienced more anti social behaviour where I live now than I ever did in Bradford or Openshaw (still very little tho before you jump in and accuse me of besmirching the good folk of Harpurhey).

I'm a naturally sarcastic person but, unfortunately, sarcastic humour is difficult to convey online - even with the use of the silly little winky icon. I'm guessing that me being a Utd fan is the reason you see so much hidden meaning in my posts (bitter??) but I'm really nowhere near as devious as you seem to think.

Anyway, as I said I guess we'll have to agree to disagree this time.

JM Mcr said:
My involvement in your post wasn't about City, it was about an area that you deemed below you because you have moved out. You say you are immensely proud so please tell me the last time you returned to said places and had to run through them in fear of the worst? Proud is a word you use as something to prove you haven't changed.

This isn't about insults, this is about real thoughts about real people because every post I read of yours is nothing other than well thought out and real. Anybody else, I could take as lighthearted as that's how many City fans are, but you have proved in those few posts how bitter a Man United fan can be.

We're obviously never going to agree on my motives for posting what I did so probably best to leave it now but I'll make one final (probably futile) attempt to defend myself before I do.I don't deem ANY part of Manchester to be beneath me - I live in Harpurhey ffs, hardly Salford Quays.

Unless you live in east manchester yourself then I would suggest I spend more time there than you do and no I've never had to run thro them in fear of the worst. In fact I've experienced more anti social behaviour where I live now than I ever did in Bradford or Openshaw (still very little tho before you jump in and accuse me of besmirching the good folk of Harpurhey).

I'm a naturally sarcastic person but, unfortunately, sarcastic humour is difficult to convey online - even with the use of the silly little winky icon. I'm guessing that me being a Utd fan is the reason you see so much hidden meaning in my posts (bitter??) but I'm really nowhere near as devious as you seem to think.

Anyway, as I said I guess we'll have to agree to disagree this time.
As I said above mate, I was wrong, you were right and those obvious little snide remarks were obviously taken out of context, just like the original quote.

Let's hear nothing more about it and I hope you have a great day.

PS. Good luck at the weekend also, it's good to see United at the top.

cleavers said:
The Future's Blue said:
'Homes near the Etihad Stadium have an average price of about 79,098 pounds compared with 21,328 pounds in April 2002, Halifax said. Properties close to Old Trafford, less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) to the west, are valued at 154,145 pounds, up from 80,698 pounds a decade ago.'

What it's saying is that since the stadium has been built the houses around have jumped to nearly 4 times the value while those at yours have nearly doubled.
There is another way to look at it.

The average price near our ground has gone up £57,770, and around OT £73,447, I suspect this is mainly due to the considerable new build around both stadiums, but more near ours than theirs, and yet the average near theirs has still gone up more than near ours.

Statistics can be used to suit all angles.

No idea why any of this matters in a football forum though.
If I have a client who invested £30,000 and their investment is £120,000 ten years later, then they have done far far better than a client who invested £100,000 that now have £200,000 ten years later.

I don't think anyone would argue against that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
If I have a client who invested £30,000 and their investment is £120,000 ten years later, then they have done far far better than a client who invested £100,000 that now have £200,000 ten years later.

Your clients might!

why would they? the 100k client might be cross that he's only got 2x back and wonder why the other guy has got 4x back, because clearly the 30k guy has done better.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:

Your clients might!
Would they fuck as like Colin.

Go on, explain.

100% increase or a 400% increase. It's not a toughie.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris
Man United chief exec David Gill will stand for election for a seat on UEFA's executive committee. Nominated by FA. Election in May

Can see why he wants to get in there. He has to push for FFP to be enforced well to slow the competitors to United down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.