United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bitter Red's?

They just never win with grace

They always have to bring everyone else down at the same time

They are like that guy in class who has to be the best at everything, arrogant when he is, bitter when he isnt.

bluemathlady said:
They just never win with grace

They always have to bring everyone else down at the same time

They are like that guy in class who has to be the best at everything, arrogant when he is, bitter when he isnt.
Well put P,s
Fuck em

Ja Salford Blue said:
Anyone else encountering bitter rag's today?

At a time when they should be clebrating a great achievement of winning 20 league titles, all a lot of them seem to be doing is talking about City and how carp we apparently are?

So far today I've been told how we have only been champions for a pathetic 344 days.!

How Huddersfild have won the same amount of titles as us!

That were the next Blackburn!

Manchini will be sacked in the summer!

How we have been put in our place!

How we will always be 'little old Citeh' (the look on said rags face when I pointed out that we are refered to as 'Citeh' due to manc accents' was priceless. Irony is wasted on these clowns)!

And how we will now always be refered to as one season wonders!

I honestly think that they are more excited by the fact that we are not winning the league rather than that they are!

I just keep responding with the following, 'What a MASSIVE mentality you have got'

Obsessed aint the word!

Its alright.. we can rip the piss out of their parade again ;)

I don't think we can point our fingers at them especially. I love that video of their reactions to the news of Aguero's goal and have gone back to watch it LOTS of times. Seeing their hopes crash and burn was one of the things that made the win special. Can't blame them for getting their own back now. And to be fair, this has hardly been the greatest title defence...

TGR said:
Well what else do you expect?
We never even gave them a run for their money - they had it won before Christmas in reality. Our pathetic defense of OUR title means we are open to such abuse until at least the start of next season.
We have brought it on ourselves.

True. And if we are content to finish with a 15, 18, 20 point gap it will be an embarrassment.

Luckily the FA Cup gives the chance to end the season on a high note.

Re: They win the league, nobody cares

NipHolmes said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
NipHolmes said:
Of course people will care.

RVP will been seen as a masterstroke and to their credit they didn't rely on Scholes return to carry them through either.

It's their 20th title that's a big achievement, it will be portrayed as a fitting season. An a great achievement coupled with taking a title back from their nearest rivals. Trust me, this is how it will go.

I care too, I care that we squandered any chance of keeping it with draws. Whilst some were proud of unbeaten it was papering cracks. We have to set up to win, not to not concede. A solid backline is needed don't get me wrong but when you have a lineup as good as our we need to be top heavy in setup so we get the most out of a collective unit.

IMO our undoing has been lack of quality squad option, little pace and also a deep midfield. We need to bring in athleticism in CDM position and we need a solid left sided player. Nothing woudl make me happier than to go for Mascherano (bench player at Barca) and Bale (talking £70m for both imo). Those two would perfect our side imo. After that quality younger players to boost squad options and cover.

I think we need a big summer and we need two players to upgrade our starting eleven and then we need 3-4 players to boost squad depth and quality. After that I'd trim players who are expensive side options who don't justify their wage.

I think we will win it again next year with a change of tactics and shake up of squad.

Can't disagree with any of that, mate.
The irony of folks lining up to tell us how little they care about us relinquishing the title does, however, raise a smile, even after yesterday's capitulation.
Because if you really don't care about conceding the title to our fiercest rivals, then I think it may well be time to have a quiet word with yourself.

Cheers.

I think people are consoling theselves with delusion to be frank mate. Not acring about our rivals lifting up their 20th league title which is won after we won it. They can see 'we made the twentieth special, we took it back from that lot' etc. It's horrible, just horrible. The only way to take the shine off their season was to win at their place (done) and to win the FA Cup.

I'm distraught at how we effectively gave the title up with not so much as a whimper. Fuck sakes, how can people not be bothered, I'm devastated!
I am bothered as any blue should be, what i am saying in my OP is that they are winning it on a tide of apathy, they have hardly been mentioned this morning on the day they could lift the title, its been Suarez, Suarez, Suarez and thankfully its pissing them off

ell said:
I think its brilliant how today is more about city not winning the title rather than United winning it.

City eh ?? victorious in defeat..;)

How did they get on in the last Derby?

This year's PL is a damp squib compared to last.

They're crap without Baconface.

It's all about the FA Cup this year ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.