United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bitter Reds

I just ask what the fook they won last season and they normally shut up. we could still get 83 points and win the FA cup this season. Rags have no class

It's pure relief for them after what happened last year. Our resurgence has really got to them, they are not used to us being up there and they hate it.

The sad thing about united is that winning has become nothing to the fans, the actual winning of a title cant be enjoyed unless they can put someone down with it, they are so joyless as a bunch that making someone else miserable is the only way they can feel happy because for a brief few seconds it makes their pitiful existence seem more bearable.

I have no probs with the few who go to the matches you can say to them well done you got the best of us this season and we will see you next season and laugh about it, its these internet and twitter warriors who have no actual idea what supporting a football club means that are a waste of skin.

Re: They win the league, nobody cares

Well they have started over here already. It fucking pains me at times the dropping of stupid points. Mancini selections and signings have been injury hit in Maicon , Rodwell add into the mix that Garcia has been the biggest let down so far for a replacement for De Jong. Then you have Sinclair who for the life of me I havnt got a clue why we signed him in the first place. The only highlight was the signing of Nastasic who has taken to the English game well.

Irish media have taken the other approach to them winning the title. They have been saying how poor the league has been this season more so. Some even mention Utd still relying on Giggs and slating there side. Also stating next season that Chelsea and City will leave the Rags way behind next season. He claims both City and Chelsea and even Arsenal will all splash the cash in the summer and the big signings will be made by either City or Chelsea.

DavidManc said:
Stop going on about it if you don't care. It hurts me and we all know it hurts you. They're winning it by 13 points and you're classing it as a "whimper"? oh dear.

sir niff.

leighton said:
Well they have started over here already. It fucking pains me at times the dropping of stupid points. Mancini selections and signings have been injury hit in Maicon , Rodwell add into the mix that Garcia has been the biggest let down so far for a replacement for De Jong. Then you have Sinclair who for the life of me I havnt got a clue why we signed him in the first place. The only highlight was the signing of Nastasic who has taken to the English game well.

Irish media have taken the other approach to them winning the title. They have been saying how poor the league has been this season more so. Some even mention Utd still relying on Giggs and slating there side. Also stating next season that Chelsea and City will leave the Rags way behind next season. He claims both City and Chelsea and even Arsenal will all splash the cash in the summer and the big signings will be made by either City or Chelsea.

I'm surprised at the Irish media being as sceptical as that Leighton, as I always assumed that they worshipped at the $old Trafford altar.
I know it's stating the obvious somewhat, but summer signings could prove pivotal to success next season, as will whether or not RVP can actually string two back to back half-decent seasons together for once, and the inconsistency of Waynetta must also be of concern.
I don't think we need a radical overhaul, but we must try to be more forceful in selling the club to our real transfer targets this close season to ensure that we get who we need, rather than next-best consolation prizes who provide stability rather than improvement to the squad.

DavidManc said:
Stop going on about it if you don't care. It hurts me and we all know it hurts you. They're winning it by 13 points and you're classing it as a "whimper"? oh dear.
"Hurts"? Don't think so! It's slightly disappointing that we haven't challenged for it this season but, unlike you lot, we support our club because we love to do so whether they're successful or not. We can hopefully win the FAC and make up for what has been a below par season on expectations, and we'll dust ourselves down and go again next year.

Anyone hurting today must have turned up last season and decided to be a Blue then because we know what hurting feels like and this certainly isn't it. In fact, I'm quite happy!

I'm bothered in that we are a much better team than we have shown and could have quite conceivably have won the title again which would have been unthinkable only a few years ago. However football isn't quite that simple and we didn't start the season convincingly and that form languished for quite a while with everyone thinking it would click. Well it didn't because we didn't concentrate and commit ourselves fully and added to the injuries we picked up it became a stop start season. Our recent form has been better and the hope is we will strengthen, take this into next year and perform much better over the 38 games next season.

The silver lining is the FA Cup and if we can add a third (4th if you count the community shield) trophy to our cabinet in as many seasons then I think overall we can't compalin too much and be happy to finish second and collect some silverware.

Next season is a different matter and there must be some progress in the Champions League and a more sustained fight for the title. There must be a higher calibre of footballer brought into the club than we did last summer and we must be competing in both domestic cup competitions to the latter stages. And finally I would like to see a more harmonious dressing room/squad/club togetherness portrayed to the media even if the opposite is true behind the scenes. It does our image no good whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.