United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bitter Reds

The simple fact is they will never experience what we experienced last may. Sure, United are about to win a record 20th league title, does it bother us? No, we are in the FA Cup final and are still 2nd in the league. Liverpool could one day have a resurgence as a dominant force in England, and top United's title record, leaving them with having to settle for 'second most successful english football team'. Records are made to be broken, and I guarantee so many of the records currently held by United will be changed very soon, but moments like last may, are things that cannot be changed, and cannot be described on paper. Only us, the loyal and humorous city fans that have stuck through our team through thick and thin, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, will know exactly how it feels to snatch the title away from the most hated team, and our despised local rivals, in the 94th minute of the final game of the season, 20 seconds after their season ended. Martin Tyler hit the nail on the head when he spoke those famous words 'I swear you'll never see anything like this every again'.

Re: They win the league, nobody cares

sergiokun said:
ban-mcfc said:
glad it's going to be over soon, let them pretend to be elated for a week, then we will play in the final and celebrate properly.

+1

Yep lets just get it out of the way and done with. We've all known its been coming for months so lets just get it done. We can have our day in the sunshine on May 11th. There will be nothing to distract anyone from it like there was the day we won it 2 years ago. If they do wrap it up tonight (how much fun would it be if they didn't though!) I'm on s self imposed 7 day media blackout - and I'm serious!

Rag at work who has said nothing all season started gobbing off today, said he'd be in late tomorrow from watching the greatest.....etc in the pub.

Just smiled at him, told him I'd forgotten he was one of them and advised him to drink it in. I was hoping for something back but he just bimbled off.

Wanker.

TGR said:
sergiokun said:
ban-mcfc said:
glad it's going to be over soon, let them pretend to be elated for a week, then we will play in the final and celebrate properly.

+1

Yep lets just get it out of the way and done with. We've all known its been coming for months so lets just get it done. We can have our day in the sunshine on May 11th. There will be nothing to distract anyone from it like there was the day we won it 2 years ago. If they do wrap it up tonight (how much fun would it be if they didn't though!) I'm on s self imposed 7 day media blackout - and I'm serious!

if we win the cup, we will have the last bit of joy of the season, it would have been worse if they had wrapped up the league after we won the cup.

like you say, just bury our heads for a week and everything will be fine :)

Got sad rag Irish cousins on face book banging on at me. "our title back" blah blah fro the safety of their Dublin arm chairs.

I never said a word to them when we won the league. Nowt to do them . Now they give the billy big bollox. Cant stop this 20 titles billshit.

My response.

"I have been alive when utd have won 12 titles . I wasn`t arsed at the first, second , tenth , nineteeth so why the fuck should the 20th be any different. The number only matters to Liverpool. Might as well be 50th for all I Care. Didnt stop watching City fighting for mid table championship so why the hell would we stop when 2nd in the league.

However I suspect you cared much much much more about watching ickle old City win our 1 in your life time. And given that I also suspect this 20th will only serve to illustrate how much last year really hurt you and your like, Hence the of bitterness and bile which you , your like and your club still spout. There is a reason Utd are the most despised club in England and it aint the trophies.However you will never ever ever understand or get it.

Saying that its nice to you still care about us so much on your special day. What a Massive attitude. "

johnny on the spot said:
Sod it, we once defended the top flight title by getting relegated.

We'll be back.

Thank fuck we are safe ;-)

blue underpants said:
Tonight the rags will pick up their 20th league title and nobody but themselves will give two hoots, a player sinking his teeth into another players arm is making far bigger headlines and it is really pissing them off.
They will never have that glorious sensation and emotion that not only us blues had but nearly every supporter of football had last May, no they will have a humdrum run of the mill win over Villa sing some nursery rhymes and unfurl a 20th banner with something on it about "our trophy back'' kiss the piss cans arse for 10 mins as he makes a slurred speach from the center spot and that will be that.
Enjoy it while it last you over opinionated fuckers we wont make the same mistakes next year and the great thing is they know it, iv looked them in the eyes and they know it

I really couldn't have put it better myself. I'll remember that glorious day last season for the rest of my life.

wahablue said:
Let them have their moment in the sun ,ask them what they won last year.Nowt,nothing,zip,bog all.

I will leave that gem when/if we win the fa cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.