United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
JM Mcr said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
I think the same argument could be made for Fowler and Owen and their scripts didn't pan out too well. Both burnt out at a young age.
True tho both also had injury problems. His current thigh injury aside Rooney has been fairly lucky on the injury front and, despite looking jaded at times, last season he had one of his best returns for goals scored.

All I'm saying is people seem to be reading a whole lot into one appearance and twenty minutes of a new season. Rooney's always been a sulky twat on the pitch, and has a history of patchy form - known for incredible purple patches followed by runs of games without scoring when he begins to look increasingly frustrated and unhappy - none of what we're currently seeing is new for Utd and Rooney.

That said, if Fergie has had enough then I really don't think the club would be short of offers for Rooney. Whatever people may think of him as a man he's a very talented footballer.
If there's one thing that old soak has got its an eye for the trapdoor.
I don't doubt Rooneys ability but if he's not wanted by him it means he's spent.
He very rarely gets it wrong

I think you're right, the down side to reaching physical maturity much earlier than your peers is that it generally catches up with you at the other end putting you at a peak much earlier than normal also, this along with Rooneys propensity to gain weight easily, which he will find a struggle to lose the older he gets has to be a real concern, he's not a naturally fit lad like Giggs is.

This along with having Bacon over a barrel, it doesn't bode well for him, there's no way on this earth bacon will walk away letting him get away with that, he'll have the last say in the matter, 'there's no question of that'.

Dirty Harry said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
JM Mcr said:
True tho both also had injury problems. His current thigh injury aside Rooney has been fairly lucky on the injury front and, despite looking jaded at times, last season he had one of his best returns for goals scored.

All I'm saying is people seem to be reading a whole lot into one appearance and twenty minutes of a new season. Rooney's always been a sulky twat on the pitch, and has a history of patchy form - known for incredible purple patches followed by runs of games without scoring when he begins to look increasingly frustrated and unhappy - none of what we're currently seeing is new for Utd and Rooney.

That said, if Fergie has had enough then I really don't think the club would be short of offers for Rooney. Whatever people may think of him as a man he's a very talented footballer.
If there's one thing that old soak has got its an eye for the trapdoor.
I don't doubt Rooneys ability but if he's not wanted by him it means he's spent.
He very rarely gets it wrong

I think you're right, the down side to reaching physical maturity much earlier than your peers is that it generally catches up with you at the other end putting you at a peak much earlier than normal also, this along with Rooneys propensity to gain weight easily, which he will find a struggle to lose the older he gets has to be a real concern, he's not a naturally fit lad like Giggs is.

This along with having Bacon over a barrel, it doesn't bode well for him, there's no way on this earth bacon will walk away letting him get away with that, he'll have the last say in the matter, 'there's no question of that'.
Whatever you say about him, he really is a formidable presence with very long memory. People miscalculate this at their risk.

Gord, you, like me, being lovers of the great G. Neville (ergo will have read his autobiography), will know from that how bacon will not be crossed, it's a given.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Dirty Harry said:
Gord, you, like me, being lovers of the great G. Neville (ergo will have read his autobiography), will know from that how bacon will not be crossed, it's a given.
I've read it three times, Harry. I'm halfway through my fourth read now. I find it strangely arousing.
You're just weird

squirtyflower said:
Dirty Harry said:
I've read it three times, Harry. I'm halfway through my fourth read now. I find it strangely arousing.
You're just weird
It has been said.

Dirty Harry said:

It is positively Shakespearean in it's majestic use of the English language.
The plot,narrative,characterisation and denouement are reminiscent of the Greek Tragedy plays such as Aeschylus's Oresteia,or a more contemporary post-modern take on Boccaccio's Decameron.
In my opinion,it is a literary masterpiece that stands comparison with literary greats such as Flaubert,Dostoyevsky,Voltaire and Jeffrey Archer.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Dirty Harry said:

It is positively Shakespearean in it's majestic use of the English language.
The plot,narrative,characterisation and denouement are reminiscent of the Greek Tragedy plays such as Aeschylus's Oresteia,or a more contemporary post-modern take on Boccaccio's Decameron.
In my opinion,it is a literary masterpiece that stands comparison with literary greats such as Flaubert,Dostoyevsky,Voltaire and Jeffrey Archer.
They're not all literary greats NF.

Dostoyevsky was a terrible writer.

In my opinion,it is a literary masterpiece that stands comparison with literary greats such as Flaubert,Dostoyevsky,Voltaire and Jeffrey Archer.[/quote]
They're not all literary greats NF.

Dostoyevsky was a terrible writer.[/quote]

He's certainly no Didsbury Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.