United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
The question is which team is stupid enough to want to sign Wooney?
As I said, I wouldn't write Rooney off too soon. Just looked up his stats on ESPN, 177 goals and 82 assists in 326 competitive starts for Utd according to them. Still not yet 27 - if Utd ever decided to sell I doubt it'd be much of a struggle to find a buyer.

Anyone know why their share price is getting back to $14? I was under the impression it would all further but it seems to have bottom at $13 and has been climbing for a while now.

JM Mcr said:
Ray78 said:
As I said, I wouldn't write Rooney off too soon. Just looked up his stats on ESPN, 177 goals and 82 assists in 326 competitive starts for Utd according to them. Still not yet 27 - if Utd ever decided to sell I doubt it'd be much of a struggle to find a buyer.
Or 326 competitive starts as a complete and utter ****

JM Mcr said:
Ray78 said:
I think the same argument could be made for Fowler and Owen and their scripts didn't pan out too well. Both burnt out at a young age.

Gaylord du Bois said:
JM Mcr said:
Ray78 said:
I think the same argument could be made for Fowler and Owen and their scripts didn't pan out too well. Both burnt out at a young age.
True tho both also had injury problems. His current thigh injury aside Rooney has been fairly lucky on the injury front and, despite looking jaded at times, last season he had one of his best returns for goals scored.

All I'm saying is people seem to be reading a whole lot into one appearance and twenty minutes of a new season. Rooney's always been a sulky twat on the pitch, and has a history of patchy form - known for incredible purple patches followed by runs of games without scoring when he begins to look increasingly frustrated and unhappy - none of what we're currently seeing is new for Utd and Rooney.

That said, if Fergie has had enough then I really don't think the club would be short of offers for Rooney. Whatever people may think of him as a man he's a very talented footballer.

JM Mcr said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
JM Mcr said:
True tho both also had injury problems. His current thigh injury aside Rooney has been fairly lucky on the injury front and, despite looking jaded at times, last season he had one of his best returns for goals scored.

All I'm saying is people seem to be reading a whole lot into one appearance and twenty minutes of a new season. Rooney's always been a sulky twat on the pitch, and has a history of patchy form - known for incredible purple patches followed by runs of games without scoring when he begins to look increasingly frustrated and unhappy - none of what we're currently seeing is new for Utd and Rooney.

That said, if Fergie has had enough then I really don't think the club would be short of offers for Rooney. Whatever people may think of him as a man he's a very talented footballer.
If there's one thing that old soak has got its an eye for the trapdoor.
I don't doubt Rooneys ability but if he's not wanted by him it means he's spent.
He very rarely gets it wrong.

Zardon132 said:
Anyone know why their share price is getting back to $14? I was under the impression it would all further but it seems to have bottom at $13 and has been climbing for a while now.
No idea to be honest. I know there was some interview published today from Utd's head of marketing in which he claims that Utd have barely scratched the surface when it comes to commercial deals. I guess that could be linked to todays rise (closed at $13.83 before falling back again in after hours trading) but could also just be coincidence.

I don't really understand the markets so my guess is that it may still be too early for the shares to reach their natural level. I presume the price will continue to fluctuate a fair bit until investors are happy with their position....

Of course I'm probably chatting shit and will be shot down in flames when the more clued up posters arrive :-)

JM Mcr said:
Ray78 said:

Fair enough, the injury might help him regain some of his focus. However I don't see any of the other top clubs going in for him personally if you do cash in on him.

Gaylord du Bois said:
JM Mcr said:
Ray78 said:

All have big interests outside football...

Houses, horses and whores.

A mate put me onto Manchester United Redcast podcast on itunes from the Arsenal game onwards from last season. It's absolutley hilarious. 2 COCKneys with their podcast after the Arsenal game called 'The Fat lady's singing... Blue Moon'.

They are are smug and arrogant their attitude is fantastic laughing at little ol' Manchester City. Telling us how Mario & Roberto are gone and they are fully expecting the Gaurd of Honour at our ground etc... etc.... gonna listen to the next couple and hear them crumble just like their arrogant bottlers of a team.

Listening to Gold like this makes the win last season all the sweeter(as if it needed it). Have downloaded them and as much as I want to jump to the end (The final podcast) I'm going to listen to them Cockney bastards squirm over a few podcasts. Theyare so full of themselves it's just quality.

Oh Happy days!!!! Fill yer boots if you have a commute to work and laugh yer bollocks off at these tossers :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.