United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pink Panther said:
sjk2008 said:
I don't think he was talking about prize money from winning the cup games, I think he meant the guaranteed money ST holders have to pay, on top of the standard home league games for the cup scheme they are bound by.

I have a few red mates who are ST holders and they fucking hate the Auto Cup scheme. They've still gone ahead and got the ST simply because they want to go, but would rather just be bound to League games and then pick and choose any cup games.

It's a ridiculous scheme they've got going at the moment.

I am talking about cup scheme money, not prize money.
I know it's united we're talking about, but even they are not guaranteed to be drawn at home in any of the cups.
In the FA Cup last season, they drew us away and then Liverpool away
The only cup matches they are guaranteed to play at home are the three Champions League group fixtures
Or are you telling me that season ticket holders are being charged for cup games whether they play at home or not?

If I remember correctly (I'm sure the resident red will correct me if I'm wrong), they are only charged if it's a home game and the money comes out of the ST holder's bank automatically. Away games and it doesn't matter.

I think it's just a way of guaranteeing money off your ST holders should they be drawn at home, whether they turn up or not. That might be a reason why you see some empty seats on cup days because a lot of the ST holders may not have bothered turning up and they obviously cannot be used by someone else as they wouldn't know whether a supporter was turning up or not, yet the Glaziers still get some money out of it.

There is no guarantee JCL's will turn up (despite what people tell you) if this scheme wasn't in place, however I still think it's a fucking stupid scheme which rips of supporters.

*This could all be bollocks BTW, it's just what I think I've been told.

JM Mcr said:
The Pink Panther said:
This is what is so brilliant.
They portray themselves as the biggest sporting franchise in the world, not only can they not sell all their season tickets, they're so financially in the shit they're left with no option but to advertise
This also leads onto "day trippers"
If the trafford rangers are such an attraction, why not sell those empty seats at a premium to the JCL's, or has their number also dwindled?

A few years ago when we started advertising tickets on local radio, I had a few rags who took the piss. Well It's my turn now
They do, the Fulham game was a sell out .
It wasn't a sell out though was it?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304316</a>

SWP's back said:
JM Mcr said:
The Pink Panther said:
This is what is so brilliant.
They portray themselves as the biggest sporting franchise in the world, not only can they not sell all their season tickets, they're so financially in the shit they're left with no option but to advertise
This also leads onto "day trippers"
If the trafford rangers are such an attraction, why not sell those empty seats at a premium to the JCL's, or has their number also dwindled?

A few years ago when we started advertising tickets on local radio, I had a few rags who took the piss. Well It's my turn now

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304316</a>

Can be sold out in the United end but we all know how shit Fulham are with away support.

QPR "sold out" yet theirs and Southampton's away support was bobbins.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
JM Mcr said:

Can be sold out in the United end but we all know how shit Fulham are with away support.

All I know is two of my mates bought tickets on the door.

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:

All I know is two of my mates bought tickets on the door.

fair enough, I don't know either way I was just offering a suggestion if the attendance was lower than full capacity yet it was claimed to be "sold out".

The Flash said:
Share price at 13.26 -0.04

So the price has dropped, despite winning at the weekend.

Nice.

It's going to hit £13.00 soon and under. Once that happens..... Even with the signing of another sponsorship deal and a RVP hatrick, the shares are still sinking slowly.(probably being propped up)

sjk2008 said:
The Pink Panther said:
sjk2008 said:
I don't think he was talking about prize money from winning the cup games, I think he meant the guaranteed money ST holders have to pay, on top of the standard home league games for the cup scheme they are bound by.

I have a few red mates who are ST holders and they fucking hate the Auto Cup scheme. They've still gone ahead and got the ST simply because they want to go, but would rather just be bound to League games and then pick and choose any cup games.

It's a ridiculous scheme they've got going at the moment.

I am talking about cup scheme money, not prize money.
I know it's united we're talking about, but even they are not guaranteed to be drawn at home in any of the cups.
In the FA Cup last season, they drew us away and then Liverpool away
The only cup matches they are guaranteed to play at home are the three Champions League group fixtures
Or are you telling me that season ticket holders are being charged for cup games whether they play at home or not?

If I remember correctly (I'm sure the resident red will correct me if I'm wrong), they are only charged if it's a home game and the money comes out of the ST holder's bank automatically. Away games and it doesn't matter.

I think it's just a way of guaranteeing money off your ST holders should they be drawn at home, whether they turn up or not. That might be a reason why you see some empty seats on cup days because a lot of the ST holders may not have bothered turning up and they obviously cannot be used by someone else as they wouldn't know whether a supporter was turning up or not, yet the Glaziers still get some money out of it.

There is no guarantee JCL's will turn up (despite what people tell you) if this scheme wasn't in place, however I still think it's a fucking stupid scheme which rips of supporters.

*This could all be bollocks BTW, it's just what I think I've been told.

Because of a fall in S/T sales a few years ago League Cup games became exempt from the compulsory cup scheme. However, if an S/T holder opts out of the League Cup scheme he/she doesn't qualify for a ticket for ANY cup final the rags may reach. Despite this blatant attempted blackmail rip off enough fans voted with their feet. Hence the 30,000 empty seats at the Wolves LC game a couple of years ago.

The Flash said:
Share price at 13.26 -0.04

So the price has dropped, despite winning at the weekend.

Nice.

They will be dreaming of that figure the way it's going.....

13.10 and falling like a stone ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.