United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
BezzMCFC said:
Just got this email from united lmao

Were you here for the Robin van Persie screamer against Fulham?

If you missed it you missed out. Be there for all other moments of greatness at the Theatre of Dreams this season, guarantee your seat for every game at Old Trafford with a Season Ticket for 2012/13!

Remaining Season Tickets are limited - find out more here and secure your pro-rata priced seat by calling 0161 868 8000. Our call centre is open from 08:00 - 20:00 BST, Mon to Fri and from 09:00 - 17:00 BST during weekends, public and bank holidays.

Unfortunately they will still have 70 thousand + numpties attending every league game. we cant really gloat about that. Can we ?

-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 pm --

The gloating over their tickets is childish, bitter and wholly wrong. They will have around 70,000 people attending most of their league games. Much as i dislike them this is a stick we cannot beat them with and is rather pathetic imo.

And yet have you ever seen or heard such a concentratiion of advertising from the swamp, desparatre to flog their wares....?

Things are slipping at the upper end of their market, season tickets , hospitality etc. They would be spending this small fortune on advertising if it wasn't necessary.

dom said:
80s Shorts said:
BezzMCFC said:
Just got this email from united lmao

Were you here for the Robin van Persie screamer against Fulham?

If you missed it you missed out. Be there for all other moments of greatness at the Theatre of Dreams this season, guarantee your seat for every game at Old Trafford with a Season Ticket for 2012/13!

Remaining Season Tickets are limited - find out more here and secure your pro-rata priced seat by calling 0161 868 8000. Our call centre is open from 08:00 - 20:00 BST, Mon to Fri and from 09:00 - 17:00 BST during weekends, public and bank holidays.

Unfortunately they will still have 70 thousand + numpties attending every league game. we cant really gloat about that. Can we ?

-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 pm --

The gloating over their tickets is childish, bitter and wholly wrong. They will have around 70,000 people attending most of their league games. Much as i dislike them this is a stick we cannot beat them with and is rather pathetic imo.

And yet have you ever seen or heard such a concentratiion of advertising from the swamp, desparatre to flog their wares....?

Things are slipping at the upper end of their market, season tickets , hospitality etc. They would be spending this small fortune on advertising if it wasn't necessary.

This is what is so brilliant.
They portray themselves as the biggest sporting franchise in the world, not only can they not sell all their season tickets, they're so financially in the shit they're left with no option but to advertise
This also leads onto "day trippers"
If the trafford rangers are such an attraction, why not sell those empty seats at a premium to the JCL's, or has their number also dwindled?

A few years ago when we started advertising tickets on local radio, I had a few rags who took the piss. Well It's my turn now

The media hype (or lack of) surrounding their current situation is something that really riles me.

The thing that irks me is that that our owner is transforming a rundown part of Manchester, which affects not only the Club but all local businesses and residents. Across the border in Trafford, you have a family who are leeching every penny from the fans and club. They have also attempted to fleece people of money through floating almost worthless shares, the profits of which will predominantly end up in The Glazers 'Super Saver' account. How often are comparisons made in the media?

Going back to last season, I hear a lot about them losing it by one goal in the last minute. The fact that they were 8 clear with 6 to go appears to have been removed from history. Also, no-one dares to mention that the then Champions came to the Etihad and had zero attempts on goal and attempted to "park the bus". Yet when we went to Arsenal previously and did it, all hell broke loose (and I still hear some tit on Talksport allude to it occasionally).

This season is only a couple of weeks old, but already, I am seeing the old favourites like Yorke, Schmeichel and Robson being wheeled out telling everyone who will listen, that they will win the League this year.

I also fail to see any mention of their manager's statements during the close season, surrounding them buying for the future, unlike City. Yet a few weeks later, they stump up £24m on a 29 year old!

Some of the above is written with blue-tinted specs on, of course it is, but it shows to me that the media appear to kowtow to The Buccanneers. Is it out of desperation to keep on their good side, sheer fright or a mixture of both?

But heigh ho, who needs hard facts when Mario's new mohican hoodie sells papers, eh?

The Pink Panther said:
They portray themselves as the biggest sporting franchise in the world, not only can they not sell all their season tickets, they're so financially in the shit they're left with no option but to advertise
If the trafford rangers are such an attraction, why not sell those empty seats at a premium to the JCL's, or has their number also dwindled?

A few years ago when we started advertising tickets on local radio, I had a few rags who took the piss. Well It's my turn now
They do, the Fulham game was a sell out and non Season Ticket holders pay quite q bit more than ST holders. I guess the drive on ST sales is to do with cash flow (bank the money upfront early in the season) and also the extra guaranteed income from the auto cup scheme that all ST holder's are bound by.

I'm not sure that the current aggressive marketing of tickets is an indication that they're "financially in the shit", more just the way the Glazers work, but the very fact they're having to do it is testimony to the drop in demand over the last few years. Given that the drop in demand started during a very successful time on the pitch, maybe it'll start to sink in that they need to reconsider the way Season Tickets are sold. I'm pretty sure that if the auto cup scheme was scrapped Utd would easily sell out season tickets.

JM Mcr said:
The Pink Panther said:

They do, the Fulham game was a sell out and non Season Ticket holders pay quite q bit more than ST holders. I guess the drive on ST sales is to do with cash flow (bank the money upfront early in the season) and also the extra guaranteed income from the auto cup scheme that all ST holder's are bound by.

I'm not sure that the current aggressive marketing of tickets is an indication that they're "financially in the shit", more just the way the Glazers work, but the very fact they're having to do it is testimony to the drop in demand over the last few years. Given that the drop in demand started during a very successful time on the pitch, maybe it'll start to sink in that they need to reconsider the way Season Tickets are sold. I'm pretty sure that if the auto cup scheme was scrapped Utd would easily sell out season tickets.

Possibly they would sell all season tickets without a compulsory cup scheme-but what effect would that have on cup attendances? United have always prided themselves on there "support" so how would it look on tv for the world to see with thousands of empty seats for the flagship cup competition?

JM Mcr said:
The Pink Panther said:

There is no guaranteed cup money apart from the three Chumps league home fixtures, so if you're continuing with the aggressive marketing of season tickets when you could more or less sell out at a higher ticket price to JCL's, who are also almost guaranteed to be spending on club merchandise, surely that proves that you're in the shit financially

The Pink Panther said:
JM Mcr said:
The Pink Panther said:

There is no guaranteed cup money apart from the three Chumps league home fixtures, so if you're continuing with the aggressive marketing of season tickets when you could more or less sell out at a higher ticket price to JCL's, who are also almost guaranteed to be spending on club merchandise, surely that proves that you're in the shit financially

I don't think he was talking about prize money from winning the cup games, I think he meant the guaranteed money ST holders have to pay, on top of the standard home league games for the cup scheme they are bound by.

I have a few red mates who are ST holders and they fucking hate the Auto Cup scheme. They've still gone ahead and got the ST simply because they want to go, but would rather just be bound to League games and then pick and choose any cup games.

It's a ridiculous scheme they've got going at the moment.

Big spike. Up to £13.65. Back down to £13.40 again. Somebody buying shares earlier? Or more money being pumped in by.........? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=NYSE:MANU&ntsp=0&fct=big" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&c ... =0&fct=big</a>

sjk2008 said:
I don't think he was talking about prize money from winning the cup games, I think he meant the guaranteed money ST holders have to pay, on top of the standard home league games for the cup scheme they are bound by.

I have a few red mates who are ST holders and they fucking hate the Auto Cup scheme. They've still gone ahead and got the ST simply because they want to go, but would rather just be bound to League games and then pick and choose any cup games.

It's a ridiculous scheme they've got going at the moment.

I am talking about cup scheme money, not prize money.
I know it's united we're talking about, but even they are not guaranteed to be drawn at home in any of the cups.
In the FA Cup last season, they drew us away and then Liverpool away
The only cup matches they are guaranteed to play at home are the three Champions League group fixtures
Or are you telling me that season ticket holders are being charged for cup games whether they play at home or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.