United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deal worth £50 million for a injury prone 29 year old..

Mjones.jpg

Robin van DHL

Making sense isn´t it? Opening gambit 12m , then pushed up to 15 then all of a sudden 24 plus add-ons and 220k a week
Desperation
Nothing more , nothing less

That's a fair point made above about how much the whole deal is worth. Approx £220k a week over 4 years = £45,760,000. If you add on the fee of around £25m that makes the deal worth around £70m. Yep, City have made sure there's no value in the market. I'm surea lot will be made of his decision not to join us though, but I can't be arsed trawling through the papers for the info.

He'll be a good signing for them though, especially if he stays fit. As I've said before, Welbeck must be wondering what the fuck is going on. I'd like to know if any of the papers have picked up on this yet - they've said enough about us not giving Rodwell any playing time, and him being young and English. I also wonder if Hernandez is happy warming the bench?

mike channon´s windmill said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Apparently they're selling the naming rights for Old Trafford and will be called The DHL arena.

Fucking brilliant haha!!
That´s how they´re paying for the Pussy coont then. Malc´s on his last legs. The "history" wallers will be livid
Is this the "other announcement" that was hinted at last night?

I sure as hell hope so!

All those ManUre fans that gave us shit for selling our naming rights!

mike channon´s windmill said:
Robin van DHL

Making sense isn´t it? Opening gambit 12m , then pushed up to 15 then all of a sudden 24 plus add-ons and 220k a week
Desperation
Nothing more , nothing less
Think the £24m includes the add-ons (in fact The Telegraph are quoting it as £15m down, rising to £22m or £24m, depending whether you take Utd or Arsenal's figure, based on appearances etc).

Still a fair chunk of cash either way.

Apparently they're selling the naming rights for Old Trafford and will be called The DHL arena.

Fucking brilliant haha!!

That would bring in some serious cash for them, no doubt.

On the plus side it'll be interesting to see ticket tout Charlton's reaction after he said this:

Sir Bobby Charlton has taken a swipe at Manchester City over the £400million deal to sell their stadium naming rights.

United legend Charlton said his club would never rename Old Trafford for commercial gain.

"When teams in the lower ­divisions are short of cash, then fair dos, good luck to them if they do a deal," said the Reds director.

"But I can only say that it’s not our policy to change the name of Old Trafford. It’s too ­important."

M18CTID said:

Fucking brilliant haha!!

That would bring in some serious cash for them, no doubt.

On the plus side it'll be interesting to see ticket tout Charlton's reaction after he said this:

Sir Bobby Charlton has taken a swipe at Manchester City over the £400million deal to sell their stadium naming rights.

United legend Charlton said his club would never rename Old Trafford for commercial gain.

"When teams in the lower ­divisions are short of cash, then fair dos, good luck to them if they do a deal," said the Reds director.

"But I can only say that it’s not our policy to change the name of Old Trafford. It’s too ­important."
No worries - Uncle Malc will be using it to pay the PIKs. Looks like Fergie´s got his way this time but they´ll be fooked in future windows

Thought I'd put my thoughts on RVP in here, though I feel like a pissed-up football fan who has wandered unwittingly into an accounting lecture.

What nobody on here has seemed to have mentioned - understandably - is the effect that signing RVP will have on Rooney. I don't mean as a player (not directly, anyway) but what it'll force him to do mentally.

Since Ronaldo left, over the past three years Rooney has been far and away our most important player. I know it, you know, he definitely fucking knows it. He has been the main man, and what's more, he's acted like it. You can see an arrogance in his play that underpins his overall contribution, and our 'reliance' on him to produce those match-winning moments has left us rather anemic when faced with the possibility of playing for any length of time without him.

My feelings towards Rooney are, I expect, somewhat similar to most of yours regarding Tevez. Amazing player. Can do some incredible things with a football that I'd have trouble recreating in my imagination...but he's a bellend. I remember his first game back after his contract 'saga' when he was warming up in front of us, lapping up the applause and boos as if the previous few weeks' matches without him were just a side-show to the main event that was Wayne Rooney's return. The depressing thing is that he was probably right.

What RvP will hopefully do, is shatter Rooney's aura of invincibility in our starting line-up. I'm not overjoyed that we've purchased him (29, only a year left on his contract, big fee, huge wages, injury record, his impact on Welbeck's development) but to deny that signing a world class forward is anything but a good thing, would be a bit silly. I can't wait to see the look on Rooney's face when RvP starts performing on HIS turf. Hopefully it'll shove a dildo-shaped incentive up his gaping ego.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Thought I'd put my thoughts on RVP in here, though I feel like a pissed-up football fan who has wandered unwittingly into an accounting lecture.

What nobody on here has seemed to have mentioned - understandably - is the effect that signing RVP will have on Rooney. I don't mean as a player (not directly, anyway) but what it'll force him to do mentally.

Since Ronaldo left, over the past three years Rooney has been far and away our most important player. I know it, you know, he definitely fucking knows it. He has been the main man, and what's more, he's acted like it. You can see an arrogance in his play that underpins his overall contribution, and our 'reliance' on him to produce those match-winning moments has left us rather anemic when faced with the possibility of playing for any length of time without him.

My feelings towards Rooney are, I expect, somewhat similar to most of yours regarding Tevez. Amazing player. Can do some incredible things with a football that I'd have trouble recreating in my imagination...but he's a bellend. I remember his first game back after his contract 'saga' when he was warming up in front of us, lapping up the applause and boos as if the previous few weeks' matches without him were just a side-show to the main event that was Wayne Rooney's return. The depressing thing is that he was probably right.

What RvP will hopefully do, is shatter Rooney's aura of invincibility in our starting line-up. I'm not overjoyed that we've purchased him (29, only a year left on his contract, big fee, huge wages, injury record, his impact on Welbeck's development) but to deny that signing a world class forward is anything but a good thing, would be a bit silly. I can't wait to see the look on Rooney's face when RvP starts performing on HIS turf. Hopefully it'll shove a dildo-shaped incentive up his gaping ego.

Good post VR. Nice to see you around here a bit more lately mate.

You fucking dirty rag **** ;-)

Viva Rivaldo said:

Hopefully he´ll throw his fookin toys out again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.