United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whyalwaysLee said:
waspish said:
whyalwaysLee said:
1 -They consistantly have 28,000 more bums on seats than we do.

2 -That variance is more than the entire attendance of the Britannia on saturday.

3 - Shurrup

Now why do you think they have 28k more than us?

Is it anything to do with 2 decades of unrivalled success, both on and off the field, which increased the demand for tickets and spurned the re-development of their stadium, so that clueless daytrippers from all over the world could sit 3 miles away from the action and wave their half and half scarves, whilst wondering which of the moving red dots on the pitch are Ronaldo and Beckham.

No they have 76k+ seats to fill we have 47k ;)

Let's see how loyal they are when they don't win out for more than 5 years

laserblue said:
44% said:
The Flash said:
Share price $12.69. Financial results for the last year released tomorrow, can't wait!!!!

Tick tock.

how do you know it's announced tomorrow

Because the club has said so. There's even a live conference call at 4pm you can listen in to on their investor relations website if you want.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ir.manutd.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ir.manutd.com</a>

The share price has shot up to $12.85 today so somebody's expecting a good set of financials although market professionals are convinced they'll be rather worse than last year (due to lack of trophies, early exit from the Champs League, etc.) which is the reason they launched the IPO before they were obliged to declare them.

Champions league revenue drop + other revenue losses should account for around £30m at most?

I expect their revenue to be around £320m , still huge

Once the new tv deal + new shirt deal will kick in , they will have revenues around £450m , now that's scary

44% said:
laserblue said:
44% said:

Because the club has said so. There's even a live conference call at 4pm you can listen in to on their investor relations website if you want.

<span><a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="http://ir.manutd.com">http://ir.manutd.com</a></span>

The share price has shot up to $12.85 today so somebody's expecting a good set of financials although market professionals are convinced they'll be rather worse than last year (due to lack of trophies, early exit from the Champs League, etc.) which is the reason they launched the IPO before they were obliged to declare them.

Champions league revenue drop + other revenue losses should account for around £30m at most?

Once the new tv deal + new shirt deal will kick in , they will have revenues around £450m , now that's scary

48ZS.jpg

Re: Rag Desperation

whyalwaysLee said:
BlueBilly said:
Apologies if already posted, but yesterday I came across a poster advertising tickets for the rags' upcoming games against Newcastle and Galatasaray.

The fact that they're struggling to sell out for a Champions League game is hilarious enough, but the accompanying tagline is priceless:

'Rooney can't hear you shouting from your sofa.'

You couldn't make it up.

Sorry for the lack of photographic evidence, if I come across it later today I'll be sure to take a picture.

2 -That variance is more than the entire attendance of the Britannia on saturday.

3 - Shurrup
We???

We all know you are a rag you plank.

whyalwaysLee said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
whyalwaysLee said:

3 - Shurrup
What you've said doesn't make sense.

76-48=28
I was referring to the 'they' and 'we' in your post.

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
BlueBilly said:
Apologies if already posted, but yesterday I came across a poster advertising tickets for the rags' upcoming games against Newcastle and Galatasaray.

The fact that they're struggling to sell out for a Champions League game is hilarious enough, but the accompanying tagline is priceless:

'Rooney can't hear you shouting from your sofa.'

You couldn't make it up.

Sorry for the lack of photographic evidence, if I come across it later today I'll be sure to take a picture.

3 - Shurrup
We???

We all know you are a rag you plank.

To be fair he is right though....

44% said:
laserblue said:
44% said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://ir.manutd.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ir.manutd.com</a>

What you have to bear in mind is that these A shares pay no dividend and have worthless voting rights (10% of what the Glazers have with their B shares). This is such a shit deal that it would actually be illegal in the UK which is why the Glazers are prepared to pay higher corporation tax rates in the US just so they could pull this scam. All sane financial analysts in the US and elsewhere have issued a health warning about this IPO with one of them saying it's "only for fans or fools".

laserblue said:
44% said:
laserblue said:

What you have to bear in mind is that these A shares pay no dividend and have worthless voting rights (10% of what the Glazers have with their B shares). This is such a shit deal that it would actually be illegal in the UK which is why the Glazers are prepared to pay higher corporation tax rates in the US just so they could pull this scam. All sane financial analysts in the US and elsewhere have issued a health warning about this IPO with one of them saying it's "only for fans or fools".
Tho those "fans or fools" can still make a profit by selling their shares for more than they paid. For instance if they bought at opening today and sold in the last half hour they'd have made over 60 cents a share. It's not just about dividends is it?

Also worth bearing in mind several analysts are also suggesting the shares may be worth more than the IPO price. As 44% said there's the new domestic tv revenues to kick in shortly, increased shirt sponsorship revenue, overseas tv rights yet to be negotiated plus the renewal of the kit manufacturing deal. Assuming tomorrows financial results aren't too gloomy the share price may not collapse after all.

As a red I'm not sure whether that's good or bad tho as I do feel the Glazer's are more likely to sell up if it emerges that the club isn't worth anywhere near what they'd hoped.

Dave S said:
There are clearly a lot of fools out there then as the price keeps going up.

The Glazers wanted a launch price of $20 but had to setle for $14. That immediately started falling and bottomed out at $12 before the sharp increase of the last couple of days. Clearly there are some investors who have decided to buy low in the expectation of an increae in the share price after the 2012 financials are announced. (A bull market).

To put things in perspective the shares currently stand at $13.00, a full dollar below the launch price. So basically it's still a fuck up and, yes, there are clearly a lot of fools out there.

I suspect we'll see the share price resume its journey south after tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.