United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
strongbowholic said:
Genuinely don't care what he says, why he went or what he's had for breakfast. It's just made retaining the title that little bit harder but we are good enough without him I reckon. Bottom line is they are spending like fuck to try and win the league title back, possibly the biggest compliment they can pay us.

Fuck 'em I say.

Could not have put it better myself.

Utd having to spend big money which they probably have not got to compete with the NOISY NEIGHBOURS is a compliment to us. :)

city saint said:
just had a rag texting me thinking rags will walk it now with rvp,just replied i thought you hated teams buying titles like you said we do.

Perhaps it is ok to buy second place which equates to joint champion in ragworld?

strongbowholic said:
Genuinely don't care what he says, why he went or what he's had for breakfast. It's just made retaining the title that little bit harder but we are good enough without him I reckon. Bottom line is they are spending like fuck to try and win the league title back, possibly the biggest compliment they can pay us.

Fuck 'em I say.

I agree. It makes it look quite amusing after Ferguson's comments last week, that United always give young players a go, something City would never do, as they just spend big money on a player, rather than give an 18 year old a go. I find it funny that they're abandoning their so called 'principles' to keep up with City. But hey, money doesn't buy you success does it?

They're beginning to look like they've a half decent first choice midfield and forward line now
The defence and goalkeeper must still be a worry though

The Pink Panther said:
They're beginning to look like they've a half decent first choice midfield and forward line now
The defence and goalkeeper must still be a worry though

Not with Vidic back (but we'll see how well he copes after so much time out). But looking pretty solid are the rags.

Here's hoping RvP reverts to his previous injury record for the next 4 years. Going by the rags injury lists over the last couple of seasons they haven't got a prayer of keeping him fit ;-) He's averaged 24 league games a season since joining arsenal, 34 games a season in all comps (out of approx 60). Circa 55% of games.

Interestingly, he's averaged 16 goals/season also and only 3 times got more than 13 goals which was in 3 of the last 4 seasons when he's been the main man.

Will he be the main man at the rags, I guess so - what is Welbeck going to think about his contract knowing that RvP is likely to be getting paid £200k/week also.......

The Mirror are suggesting that Chickpea is unhappy with the acquisition of RvP and could move in the opposite direction. So much for all of that "he's going to be the best striker in the league" nonsense...

Probably the worst slap in the face Van Persie could have delivered to Arsenal fans out of all the clubs interested. Many of them probably would have preferred nothing in a year's time over accepting money from them. Will get far more hatred for going there than to City or abroad after years of hate warfare between those 2 clubs. A lot of anger no doubt being aimed at the Arsenal "powers that be" too.

As far as City are concerned don't think adding a new striker to the squad is essential anyway. Whether it could have been Van Persie or possibly anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.