United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserblue said:
The word on the street has been that van Persie has been fit since before Christmas but has been refusing to play because he wasn't ready despite going on a skiing break over New Year. Now this has been confirmed by Moyes's own admission. What price Rooney also decides when he 's fit? Especially as they both made miraculous recoveries as soon as the rags signed Mata. Absolutely fucking pathetic and cowardly management by the Clueless One.

Robin van Persie 'decides when he is fit' for Manchester United duty

David Moyes admits that Robin van Persie’s importance to Manchester United is so great that he has final say on whether he is fit to play for the club

From today's Telegraph.

Robin van Persie 'decides when he is fit' for Manchester United duty

Mark Ogden
By Mark Ogden

10:30PM GMT 31 Jan 2014

David Moyes has admitted that Robin van Persie’s importance to Manchester United is so great that the forward has now been given the final say on whether he is fit to play for the club.

Van Persie, who scored on his return from a two-month thigh injury lay-off against Cardiff City in midweek, is in line to start successive games for only the second time in three months on Saturday when United travel to the Britannia Stadium to face Stoke City.

Injuries have restricted the £22 million striker to just 17 games in all competitions this season, with Moyes conceding that Van Persie’s absence has been a key reason why United are languishing in seventh position in the Premier League.

But with Van Persie suffering groin and thigh problems during this campaign, Moyes admits that the 30-year-old’s opinion on his own fitness has become the decisive factor in when he plays and for how long.

“I have taken Robin’s advice where he feels he is at,” Moyes said. “I ask him if he is ready to play and how long does he feel he is able to play.

“All the things I am doing, I am taking from Robin. He is a player who is so important to us that I need to know exactly where he is at. Even the day he pulled his thigh against Newcastle [in December] we had said, ‘Are you better coming off the bench?’

In that article, Moyes sounds like he's pre-emptively trying to wash his hands of any potential accusations that he's rushed RVP into doing too much, too soon; should the smug f**ker pick up another knock v Stoke (is it?), today.

Red Cafe in meltdown

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/stoke-city-f-c-vs-manchester-united-f-c.383430/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/stoke-ci ... -c.383430/</a>

You might start seeing new media spin about being "unlucky". I don't want to hear one thing about being unlucky or injuries when:

- You lot had several bizzare away losses early on when like all your opponents shots went in.
- When we have half our starting lineup terminally injured (Enrique, Lucas, Agger, Sturridge, Johnson).
- When Everton have been ravaged by injuries.

Everyone has injuries. They just got HANDED a rival's best player, is that unlucky? Like fuck it is.

RedCafe poster saying that they should get rid of Moyes and appoint Jose Mourinho.

Delusional.

iB9rzmis5QsTa.gif

fawlty_2.gif

jimharri said:
Just a quick reminder, should anyone need it;

david-moyes-manchester-united_1.jpg

Nowt wrong with that banner, they never asked me but I certainly would have chosen him for the rags, a brilliant match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.