United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
bluemoondays said:
That's some major purchasing they have to do in summer

Vidic, Evra, Giggs, they need a backup LB and RB and they could do with a class midfielder. Not much change there from £150m if they sign top class talent

platini.jpg
Chortle.

Its OK its the Rags - Twattini will allow them to deploy the PSG rule and evade sanctions if they overspend - its us and Chelski he has firmly in his sights. He doesn't like teams achieving on the backs of no debt run up but spending money that their owner chooses to spend ................ if only there was a Parisian club who did that. Nah its unlikely a club in the French capital who Twattini played for and with whom he has family connections would stoop to those levels of course- how remiss of me

bluethrunthru said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Chortle.

Its OK its the Rags - Twattini will allow them to deploy the PSG rule and evade sanctions if they overspend - its us and Chelski he has firmly in his sights. He doesn't like teams achieving on the backs of no debt run up but spending money that their owner chooses to spend ................ if only there was a Parisian club who did that. Nah its unlikely a club in the French capital who Twattini played for and with whom he has family connections would stoop to those levels of course- how remiss of me

I doubt FFP will ever effect them, unfortunately. If they want to generate 50 million here or there, they only have to pretend they use Russian airlines, eat Mexican crisps or drive with Indian tyres. There's talk of this new kit deal being the biggest in world sports. I don't think that money will be the problem. It's attracting decent footballers to Manchester, without having to pay them all 200k per week and to play for a team not in the Champs League.

alfabianchi said:
bluethrunthru said:

I doubt FFP will ever effect them, unfortunately. If they want to generate 50 million here or there, they only have to pretend they use Russian airlines, eat Mexican crisps or drive with Indian tyres. There's talk of this new kit deal being the biggest in world sports. I don't think that money will be the problem. It's attracting decent footballers to Manchester, without having to pay them all 200k per week and to play for a team not in the Champs League.
Utd's appeal to potential sponsors will plummet if they are not in the hunt for trophies.

I like watching Barcelona and Real Madrid because they have the best players, and play exciting football, but if they had a bad season, I'd switch to watching Athletico Madrid or whoever was the best team at the time. Utd claim to have something like 650 Million fans. 649 Million will vanish into thin air, and when that happens their new commercial business will also vanish

Anything other than a Utd win will surely be the end of Moyes. This is a perfect game for Utd, their kick and rush football will work a treat against an old and slow Fulham.

Blue Hefner said:
Anything other than a Utd win will surely be the end of Moyes. This is a perfect game for Utd, their kick and rush football will work a treat against an old and slow Fulham.
I remember Wio was congratulating Rene on getting Mitroglou from Olympiakos (who the rags face in the CL), imagine the reaction if he takes Fulham to a victory over them.

Blue Hefner said:
There is no way Utd will sack Moyes ,even if Fulham twat Utd 3-0 today,most on here will be pleased to hear Utd fan say I think that Moyes will be still at United this time next season.He was always intended as along term replacement.
The vast majority of Utd fans I know accept that 4 th place is a non starter,personally I ain't bothered ' now' , it will give me a rest and the bank balance,my only worry is that we finish in a Europa league position ,now that would be a disaster.None involvement in Europe would give Utd a huge advantage next season.
Recruiting could be a problem ,but money talks for me ,mercinary players will go where the dosh is.My hope is that Moyes plans long term ,rebuilds not just in the short term.
I have to admit I havnt got a scooby who they could attract ,never mind sign,givien Utds history in the transfer market ,especially that we need several new faces.
Makes a change.

alfabianchi said:
bluethrunthru said:

Yeah and debt throw in the myth of the 659m fans!! That they actuall advertise as fact when it's total bullshit

Stretford Ender said:
Blue Hefner said:
There is no way Utd will sack Moyes ,even if Fulham twat Utd 3-0 today,most on here will be pleased to hear Utd fan say I think that Moyes will be still at United this time next season.He was always intended as along term replacement.
The vast majority of Utd fans I know accept that 4 th place is a non starter,personally I ain't bothered ' now' , it will give me a rest and the bank balance,my only worry is that we finish in a Europa league position ,now that would be a disaster.None involvement in Europe would give Utd a huge advantage next season.
Recruiting could be a problem ,but money talks for me ,mercinary players will go where the dosh is.My hope is that Moyes plans long term ,rebuilds not just in the short term.
I have to admit I havnt got a scooby who they could attract ,never mind sign,givien Utds history in the transfer market ,especially that we need several new faces.
Makes a change.

He may have been seen as a long-term replacement before he was hired but hasn't he shown that he isn't up to it?

On another topic re Moyes, what do you think of his pr? Personally I think he comes across a bit of of his depth, which is understandable perhaps . Just interested in your thoughts

Blue Hefner said:
Stretford Ender said:
Blue Hefner said:
Makes a change.

He may have been seen as a long-term replacement before he was hired but hasn't he shown that he isn't up to it?

On another topic re Moyes, what do you think of his pr? Personally I think he comes across a bit of of his depth, which is understandable perhaps . Just interested in your thoughts
No problem ,handles himself as good any current manager on the block IMO,one observation though he's looking like an unlucky bastard,and you know what they say ,it's better to be lucky then good,SAF was an incredibally lucky manager.
The jury's out amongst my circle of long term experienced 'Rags' re the timing of Vidic retirement? most of them thought it would have been better at the end of the seaso,I,m of the opinion get ithe news out now and get on with it.
Just to add I do think that just recently Moyes has shown a touch of inexperience,team selection V Stoke was puzzling ,but again I suppose he was unlucky with injuries.
Replacing the great man was always going to be a huge milestone and considering Utds actual form over the last 3 seasons ( if we can disregard the honours) it's not come as a suprise or unexpected.
Daft as it may sound to you lot,I,m off now to the game and will watch with zero pressure,it actually makes a nice change.Probably won't be saying that when their 2 down at HT!

Thank fuck bacon face told them to go with Moyes. Christ, how unbearable would Mourinho have been as their manager? They certainly wouldn't be where they are now, that's for sure. Oh, and he'd trot out 'biggest club in the world' and 'history' in every fucking press conference.

Again, thank fuck for Ferguson being a jealous **** and not wanting anyone to follow him who would have done a decent job and won trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.