United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna_70 said:
bored at work said:
I see sky are showing their game against Fulham live on Sunday. Does any other team get as many home banker games shown as them (although with captain Moyes at the helm, nothing is a banker)? Certainly city don't.

I said to the Better Half earlier that that's not exactly a high-profile game.

It's a mid-table side against a team fighting relegation. Obviously has a hell of a lot riding on it, I don't think!
To be fair I am interested in seeing a couple of Fulham players. I want to see how Holtby gets on and Mitroglou has a lot of hype. Have not seen Mitroglou, but he is supposed to be good and will be nice to see how good he is.

That's some major purchasing they have to do in summer

Vidic, Evra, Giggs, they need a backup LB and RB and they could do with a class midfielder. Not much change there from £150m if they sign top class talent

bluemoondays said:

Vidic, Evra, Giggs, they need a backup LB and RB and they could do with a class midfielder. Not much change there from £150m if they sign top class talent
Plus their recruitment policy as been hit and miss in recent years. For every De Gea and Van Persie there's been a Young and a Buttner. No guarantee that they'll spend that sort of money wisely, even less so if an absence of CL limits their options and forces them to take outlandish risks.

bluemoondays said:

platini.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
bluemoondays said:

Plus their recruitment policy as been hit and miss in recent years. For every De Gea and Van Persie there's been a Young and a Buttner. No guarantee that they'll spend that sort of money wisely, even less so if an absence of CL limits their options and forces them to take outlandish risks.

It's astonishing though, isn't it? I mean after 20 years of dominating all and sundry, whilst raking in at least double what anybody else has earned, that they are in serious danger of finding themselves in such a position.
Leaving aside our hatred of the f**kers, that's appalling mismanagement.
Then again, why leave it aside..?

Cups for cock ups? Sweet Baby Jebus, but I think they're gonna put us in the ha'penny seats on that one!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
bluemoondays said:

I dunno, in years gone by they relied on Portuguese links though Jorge Mendes and Carlos Quieroz, but now they seem to be scouting in the right places. Moyes has been photographed in Germany and Italy, while Phil Neville has been clocked in South America and Spain. This coming summer will be a headfuck for rags as their established stars leave and they roll the dice on their replacements.

When you see how they have performed this season, it's right about their level of quality. And you can only take your hat off to Slurgie who dragged them to the title, not to mention the CL final 3 times in four years.

supercrystal7 said:
Big blow losing Vidic for them. Evra, Ferdinand, and Giggs will probably all be gone as well. Even if Moyes was to pull a miracle they would lack the winning mentality and strength needed to challenge next season. It's just like when Arsenal lost all of their experienced players and lacked mental strength for a while. Even when they had the quality they found a way to lose the big games.

Add to that Nani and possibly Young, Valencia and Rooney! Suddenly £200m for 8 players doesn't get you much!

To be honest tho I don't think missing out on the CL for one season will effect them too much. There sponsors are huge. And look at Liverpool they have not been in it for 4 years and still attract massive sponsors and pay big transfer fees!

The problem they will have is if they miss out for 2 years on the bounce, because according to some well read posters on here (Prestwich Blue) that is when the creditors can come calling! now I don't know a thing about this so can anyone answer if this would be good or bad? The good is obviously united out of the CL and people rinsing them to high heaven for monies owed,

The bad: could the Glaizers sell up to a rich consortium / Quarti prince?

One upshot to that is, the Sheik bought us mainly to raise his profile in the west, hence why he was also looking at Everton and Newcastle and not Liverpool or Arsenal (same with the PSG owners). What qudos would an Emirate prince get from owning them? How do you raise your profile? If u win the league and Champions League you haven't eclipsed the Glaizers? They are a victim of their own success!

Ja Salford Blue said:
supercrystal7 said:
Big blow losing Vidic for them. Evra, Ferdinand, and Giggs will probably all be gone as well. Even if Moyes was to pull a miracle they would lack the winning mentality and strength needed to challenge next season. It's just like when Arsenal lost all of their experienced players and lacked mental strength for a while. Even when they had the quality they found a way to lose the big games.

Add to that Nani and possibly Young, Valencia and Rooney! Suddenly £200m for 8 players doesn't get you much!

To be honest tho I don't think missing out on the CL for one season will effect them too much. There sponsors are huge. And look at Liverpool they have not been in it for 4 years and still attract massive sponsors and pay big transfer fees!

The problem they will have is if they miss out for 2 years on the bounce, because according to some well read posters on here (Prestwich Blue) that is when the creditors can come calling! now I don't know a thing about this so can anyone answer if this would be good or bad? The good is obviously united out of the CL and people rinsing them to high heaven for monies owed,

One upshot to that is, the Sheik bought us mainly to raise his profile in the west, hence why he was also looking at Everton and Newcastle and not Liverpool or Arsenal (same with the PSG owners). What qudos would an Emirate prince get from owning them? How do you raise your profile? If u win the league and Champions League you haven't eclipsed the Glaizers? They are a victim of their own success!

I don't know how to media would spin that into a positive thing if they even got bought out by an Eastern billionaire. Though I'm sure they'd try! Problems is I can't really see the Glazier's selling up, there still milking the cash cow.

RyanP3609 said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
supercrystal7 said:

I don't know how to media would spin that into a positive thing if they even got bought out by an Eastern billionaire. Though I'm sure they'd try! Problems is I can't really see the Glazier's selling up, there still milking the cash cow.

That was my point tho mate, if they miss CL for two year and the debts are called in they might have to sell! Would a rich Sheik pay the best part of £1.5bn for a club that can't grow any more?

Some but a good point her the other day. The Sheik has spent close to £1bn on us and everyone says he is blowing his money. But after one league and one FA cup he could properly sell us for £500m (god forbid). So what will we be worth in 10 years time?

Remember these people do not loose money!

You could be forgiven for thinking everything at the Swamp is hunky dory because Moyes is happy with this regarding Mulensteen,

Moyes opted to bring in a number of his own staff when he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson as manager. The former Everton boss revealed he was sad to see the Dutch coach leave United, however.

"René helped me when I first came here," Moyes said. "I had several conversations with him. He helped me, told me about the club, how it runs and the players.

"In the end I would have liked him to stay at the time but he wanted to go and that was fine. I am looking forward to getting René back and seeing him."

And he's happy with this regarding Vidic,

Vidic announced on Thursday night that he would be leaving the reigning Premier League champions after eight seasons at the club.

"It was something that we all mutually agreed together," the United boss said. "I think it was the right decision for club and player."

Vidic has been heavily linked with a move to Internazionale. The Serb will skipper the Red Devils until the end of the season.

"He has been a brilliant servant for Manchester United," Moyes added. "He is captain and it will remain that way until the end of the season. He has been a great player for us and we will continue using him."

Couple this with after every defeat he is happy with the way they have played and that it is only down to bad luck that they keep coming second best then all in the garden is rosy for Moyesey.

We'll if he's happy I'm happy. #SOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.