United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

Vienna_70 said:
whp.blue said:
Sojib_citizen said:
After Holland's powerful performence against Spain, i fear that if luis van gaal bring Nigel de jong to rags camp then what will happen....although it's fernando thread but i couldn't resist myself to post.

why worry? De Jong is a very limited one dimensional midfielder who may strengthen a lower table side but just enough to keep them out of the relegation places

any side who signs him are just sending out a message that premiership survival is their priority

Isn't that more than a little harsh?

Manchester City won both the FA Cup and the Premier League while Nigel de Jong was an integral part of our side.

NdJ is and always will be much more than a mid-table player!
Integral? 14 games in the league when we won it.

de niro said:
whp.blue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Isn't that more than a little harsh?

Manchester City won both the FA Cup and the Premier League while Nigel de Jong was an integral part of our side.

NdJ is and always will be much more than a mid-table player!

Not really he was very good at breaking up play but his distribution and forward play was very limited and when we moved on as a club and started to play a more expansive style of play we very quickly out grew NDJ
imho of course

barring ourselves and Chelsea de jong would improve ANY prem team. class act and a whole lot better than anything the rags have got.

being better than the rags current midfield is not exactly a recommendation is it?
De Jong is Ok if you are trying not to loose a game not very good if you are trying to win one

I think he may improve the rags but not enough to get them into the top four so I maintain they could do a lot better than DJ

I think he is one of them players who people on here think he is a whole lot better than he actually is / was a modern day DVB if you like

ask yourself this would he even get a game if he was still at City? I don't think so
So if the rags are happy to go for players who couldn't even get a game at City I'm quite happy about that

We've moved on now, but deffo missed him in the last 20 mins of a game for a season after he left, and seemed like a top fella. I'll be really sad to see him in a rag shirt tbh.

Sojib_citizen said:
After Holland's powerful performence against Spain, i fear that if luis van gaal bring Nigel de jong to rags camp then what will happen....although it's fernando thread but i couldn't resist myself to post.

just the usual pre-season Rags linked with everyone - wait until the dust settles before we see them open the warchest and spend their traditional £25m ( £200m my fucking arse ) - LVG will be linked with anybody Dutch to start with plus the RVP thing will no doubt cause ructions at the swamp with Granny Shagger who - in a panic last season to shore up their and Wee Davie's credibility - the y signed to a £300k pw contract !! On the basis of his disinterested stroll of a performance last night I cannot see him getting that elsewhere so I can see fireworks coming next season - could be fun

whp.blue said:
de niro said:
whp.blue said:
Not really he was very good at breaking up play but his distribution and forward play was very limited and when we moved on as a club and started to play a more expansive style of play we very quickly out grew NDJ
imho of course

barring ourselves and Chelsea de jong would improve ANY prem team. class act and a whole lot better than anything the rags have got.

being better than the rags current midfield is not exactly a recommendation is it?
De Jong is Ok if you are trying not to loose a game not very good if you are trying to win one

I think he may improve the rags but not enough to get them into the top four so I maintain they could do a lot better than DJ

I think he is one of them players who people on here think he is a whole lot better than he actually is / was a modern day DVB if you like

ask yourself this would he even get a game if he was still at City? I don't think so
So if the rags are happy to go for players who couldn't even get a game at City I'm quite happy about that

he wouldn't get a game now but for where were and wanting to get to he was perfect for us. I wish him well.

I disagree on NDJ, and watching the game the other night he was immense. NDJ would be perfect for the rags and I would not be happy seeing him in that filth of a shirt. He just wanted too much money and maybe that will prevent the transfer to Trafford. Because we all know they play for nowt.

I find it all very amusing. Van Gaal manages Holland to a fantastic result against Spain and suddenly United fans are all giddy about what he'll do for them next season. They do realise he doesn't get to bring the entire Dutch squad with him right? He'll have to use Smalling, Jones, Young etc just like Moyes.

Rammyblues said:
I disagree on NDJ, and watching the game the other night he was immense. NDJ would be perfect for the rags and I would not be happy seeing him in that filth of a shirt. He just wanted too much money and maybe that will prevent the transfer to Trafford. Because we all know they play for nowt.
I think NDJ is much better than Garcia. Personally don't think selling him for £3m and buying Garcia for £17m was the best business we've done. NDJ would be very effective for United.

Rio Ferdinand was interviewed by Lineker on Friday night and he said that RVP felt unloved by Moyes

Clearly a lot of dressing room division at Utd with Rooney at the centre of it

What are they going to do with Rooney? Sell him? Is he saleable? Already clear RVP will start up front but he could in theory play in behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.