United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancient Citizen said:
What tickles me is the constant reference to this mystifying 'Transitional period.'
What they really mean is, the new manager of the same team that coasted the league last season, is losing games hand over fist and is really a bit shit.
Cue more 'Gelling time' and 'Bedding in' quotes in a frantic attempt to calm twitching arses.
Martinez is going through a similar 'Transitional period.'
It doesn't seem to be affecting him too much.
I agree with this 100%. There are a lot of agenda's at work and not one of the smaller ones is the desire for British managers to get top jobs. The media and a lot of British managers need Moyes to be a success, because they want British managers to get the top jobs. With Hughes failing, Moyes looking like he could fail owners are likely to keep going for foreign managers.

<a class="postlink" href="https://mobile.twitter.com/Bman1882/status/409396686226989056/photo/1/large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://mobile.twitter.com/Bman1882/sta ... to/1/large</a>

UUBlue said:
r.soleofsalford said:
supercrystal7 said:
Was talking about over the last few years and Ozil is still adapting to the league and has been this good already. He has not even had a preseason with the team. As you said the confidence and the fear factor is equally as big as his performance. It was a signal of intent from Arsenal and gave all their young players the belief they can compete for the major trophies. Facing Ozil also means the other Arsenal players get more space, because everyone has to put that extra attention.
No it was from comments he made and things many journalist have said.

oh journalist, it must be true then

I think Supercrystal7 has put forward a pretty good justification of his comments, and displayed a good understanding of the methods of Real Madrid over the years. Time to stop calling him out over this issue.

ok right, if you say so, thanks for correcting my thinking

they are crowing that alex was given time, this product though is a whole new ball game to what we had back then.
united simpley cannot be out of contention and in fact winning silverware. the money seen as a bonus to some clubs is the heart and soul of all things red. the glazers will have to bail as the repayments can't be met. they will sell and sell quickly, my guess is the value is lower today than it has been for some time. the sheer greed in thier dna will see the glazers do one. then in comes "real" money from say Qatar. having secured the club for a couple of hundred mil less than its true value there is a transfer kitty there from the off.

so where do we come in all this.

we have to strike whilst the iron is hot, we too can't afford to miss out of trophies, not for money reasons but for prestige. although january to notoriously differcult to get good players in we have to our level best. if not for jan we need to secure them for the summer, but we need to do it NOW. every CL quality player that signs for us is one less available to them. now of course without the piss can and in mid table the really top players will be reluctant to sign for them, untill that is the money is thrown at them. Any foriegn owners will be wadded and will pay anything to get the machine back up and running. bouyed by the fact that FFP will mysterioustly disappear from our game.

stay tuned Singapore and wherever, your idols may yet start winning thing once again and you can go back to them from the team you've decided to "follow" in the meantime.

Confidence has gone, but it can return

If they get one win, they can still go on a run. And the more they get hammered the more unified as a team they will become and the stronger the response might be

Their fans were rubbish yesterday. Old Trafford should have been a bear-pit, and what were they doing streaming out at 1-0 in Fergie-time. They need their proper supporters, but half of them are tourists no doubt disgusted with what they are seeing. They need to get behind their team.

It's an interesting discussion as to what's gone wrong

There are 2 sides

a) Moyes is just a poor manager who has destroyed a squad that won the title with 11 points to spare
b) The players are overrated and past it with deficiencies hidden by form of RVP and Rooney

I'd go for b) with the impact of confidence and a new manager yet to establish his own authority. He can't be that bad a manager

AntiUnited said:
Ancient Citizen said:
What tickles me is the constant reference to this mystifying 'Transitional period.'
What they really mean is, the new manager of the same team that coasted the league last season, is losing games hand over fist and is really a bit shit.
Cue more 'Gelling time' and 'Bedding in' quotes in a frantic attempt to calm twitching arses.

cuz martinez is a proper coach and knows wtf he is doing. Big difference.

So it would seem.
I was pleasantly surprised when they went for Moyes, it is looking increasingly obvious that Ferguson wanted to extend the Jock old boy network at any cost, with the gratifying results we are now all seeing. We are constantly being told how well Moyes did at Everton, when the facts don't point to it; he has won the sum total of fuck all ala Redknapp, (his only cup won at the expense of bankrupting the team).
Looks like the only thing he'll be holding aloft is his pay-off cheque.

Ancient Citizen said:
AntiUnited said:
Ancient Citizen said:

cuz martinez is a proper coach and knows wtf he is doing. Big difference.

So it would seem.
I was pleasantly surprised when they went for Moyes, it is looking increasingly obvious that Ferguson wanted to extend the Jock old boy network at any cost, with the gratifying results we are now all seeing. We are constantly being told how well Moyes did at Everton, when the facts don't point to it; he has won the sum total of fuck all ala Redknapp, (his only cup won at the expense of bankrupting the team).
Looks like the only thing he'll be holding aloft is his pay-off cheque.

The thing about martinez i really believed he could be a top notch manager by the way wigan played they always went for it but i think them being always in the bottom was due to the players quality rather then the tactics. Everton took a huge risk wanted to move from the stone age football and now they are reaping the benefits. also when ever u heard raberto talk about them after the game (when he was at wigan) he was always positive hardly ever complained about shit going against them always moving forward and stuff. I think he will be the shit the older he gets.

de niro said:
they are crowing that alex was given time, this product though is a whole new ball game to what we had back then.
united simpley cannot be out of contention and in fact winning silverware. the money seen as a bonus to some clubs is the heart and soul of all things red. the glazers will have to bail as the repayments can't be met. they will sell and sell quickly, my guess is the value is lower today than it has been for some time. the sheer greed in thier dna will see the glazers do one. then in comes "real" money from say Qatar. having secured the club for a couple of hundred mil less than its true value there is a transfer kitty there from the off.

we have to strike whilst the iron is hot, we too can't afford to miss out of trophies, not for money reasons but for prestige. although january to notoriously differcult to get good players in we have to our level best. if not for jan we need to secure them for the summer, but we need to do it NOW. every CL quality player that signs for us is one less available to them. now of course without the piss can and in mid table the really top players will be reluctant to sign for them, untill that is the money is thrown at them. Any foriegn owners will be wadded and will pay anything to get the machine back up and running. bouyed by the fact that FFP will mysterioustly disappear from our game.

stay tuned Singapore and wherever, your idols may yet start winning thing once again and you can go back to them from the team you've decided to "follow" in the meantime.

Alex ??? Who the fuck is Alex ????

de niro said:

The rags are still one of the biggest cash machines in football and the only thing propping up the Glazer's crumbling empire. I can't see then selling anytime soon. Look at Liverpool, despite not having CL football for some time they are still have a huge turnover. The sheer momentum of the deals the rags currently have will keep the Glazer's going for some years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.