United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
All these reporters saying Moyse need to spend big it baffles me that these so called intelligent media not sussed out that the scum only spend around 30m each summer under the glazers I'll be shocked if they give Moyse 100m+

Ahh but you forget that they always went into every window with Gill assuring them there was a war chest of £100m ++ - to maintain that illusion and keep them deluded Wooden Top will have to wave an imaginary £200m ++ war chest in the media.

They will still only buy a crocked Leighton Baines and bring in Leon Osman for a combined £20m (if that ) but the illusion must be maintained if they are to fill that stadium and the mega store. They must be worried by the empty seats that are starting to appear - however to continue the steady decline we need Moyes kept in post and Uncle Malc not to sell to somebody with real wealth who wants to invest in the brand rather than milk it as a cash cow however so go on Wee Davie do your best eh mate?

What this season demonstrates, for me at least, is Taggart's place as the very greatest manager of all time. To deliver 89 points with that squad truly was a remarkable feat. It papered over the cracks to an extent we are now seeing play out in front of us.

The lack of succession planning from united has been incredible when you think about it - and the fact that Ferguson had such a hand in picking his successor shows how something that is your biggest strength can become your achilles heel. So much power was centred around that man, that he effectively dictated who followed him - can you imagine that happening at any other club? For a man so vocal about the negative influence of player and agent power, it is not without some irony that the power that Ferguson wielded at united will be the most significant cause of its decline.

I really hope he enjoys a long retirement watching the story unfold.

1477903_656843651041220_558098710_n.jpg

supercrystal7 said:
waspish said:
All these reporters saying Moyse need to spend big it baffles me that these so called intelligent media not sussed out that the scum only spend around 30m each summer under the glazers I'll be shocked if they give Moyse 100m+
Not really true that considering they spent near 70 million last season and over 50 million the year before. I do think they have a cut off point of around 30 million pounds for a player though.

There is no way they can spend big in the sense of a 100 million, especially with CL looking on the side of unlikely next year. Lose to Shaktar and they are almost certain to go out next round of CL. Even if they get the draw, need to get lucky with the draw.

But,but,but .... they told the media that they had put together a bid of £100M for Bale during the summer.
Bwawawwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaa.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What this season demonstrates, for me at least, is Taggart's place as the very greatest manager of all time. To deliver 89 points with that squad truly was a remarkable feat. It papered over the cracks to an extent we are now seeing play out in front of us.

The lack of succession planning from united has been incredible when you think about it - and the fact that Ferguson had such a hand in picking his successor shows how something that is your biggest strength can become your achilles heel. So much power was centred around that man, that he effectively dictated who followed him - can you imagine that happening at any other club? For a man so vocal about the negative influence of player and agent power, it is not without some irony that the power that Ferguson wielded at united will be the most significant cause of its decline.

Great post:-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:

That's a great post.....
How long before the green and gold brigade start getting their claws out??
Never in my wildest dreams could i imagine what is happening at the swamp to become reality.....
Sir malc ,under any circumstance,do not get rid of wee davy.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
And it starts

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08Q-z9RN0o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08Q-z9RN0o</a>

And in what part of Stretford did that ceremony take place? It must embarrass who try to defend their club and deny the plastics tag when this happens

What tickles me is the constant reference to this mystifying 'Transitional period.'
What they really mean is, the new manager of the same team that coasted the league last season, is losing games hand over fist and is really a bit shit.
Cue more 'Gelling time' and 'Bedding in' quotes in a frantic attempt to calm twitching arses.
Martinez is going through a similar 'Transitional period.'
It doesn't seem to be affecting him too much.

Ancient Citizen said:
What tickles me is the constant reference to this mystifying 'Transitional period.'
What they really mean is, the new manager of the same team that coasted the league last season, is losing games hand over fist and is really a bit shit.
Cue more 'Gelling time' and 'Bedding in' quotes in a frantic attempt to calm twitching arses.
Martinez is going through a similar 'Transitional period.'
It doesn't seem to be affecting him too much.

cuz martinez is a proper coach and knows wtf he is doing. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.