United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
city saint said:
daily mirror (I know) reporting moyes wont be panicked into buying in January.getting their excuses in early I see
If they couldn't attract top names in summer, they have no chance in the winter window. Even Baines must now be thinking twice about such a move, given how Everton are playing right now in comparison to United.

The dream piss take signing of Osman could just come off!

Saturday highlighted just how important Rooney is to Man Utd and how much Chelsea need a player like Rooney

His contract runs out at the end of next season, but Utd are going to have to either sign him to a new contract, or sell him this Summer.

Seems likely that he will leave.

If you were Rooney, what would you do? Yes he can earn what he wants at Utd, but he is 28 now. He isn't going to be one of those players who can go on playing till he is 34, his best years are limited by his physique. Therefore I think there is a very strong likelihood he will sign for Chelsea this Summer. He needs to be playing top class football in his final years, and Ferguson has ensured that his relationship with Utd fans will never be the same again.

Man Utd fans may not admit it, but I don't think history is going to look kindly on Ferguson's final years at the club. Why?

1) Ferguson's strength was in re-building teams at their peak whilst winning trophies in the transition. Some attemts were made to renew his last side, but this has failed

2) Did he appoint the wrong successor? Inconclusive but it doesn't look good. Moyes running commentary over his Summer transfer targets was ill-advised and made them look stupid, and importantly undermined the image of his new CEO who took a lot of flak. That wont have gone down well. Furthermore after the Newcastle game he said he wanted to take off RVP after an hour but was worried about Utd fans reaction. You are the manager Moyes, it's your job to act in what you think are the best interests of the club.

Clearly the Utd management wont be happy with their form and results, but significantly I doubt whether they will be too happy with their manager's comments and actions.......compare to Ferguson when he started at Utd. Edwards said they knew that they had the right man, so they kept with him. Many of the thigs Moyes has said about what he's doing make you question his judgement - it's not just the results.

3) Ferguson's last act was to put a bomb under Rooney by disclosing his "transfer request", why do that? And the ramificatons are still being felt. Players of his quality are as key as the manager to a club's success.

I absolutely love David Moyes. We couldn't have invented a better undercover troll.

Check this quote out from yesterday's post match press conference.

"I tend to take my time and try to assess what are the best talents to bring in. You can see from the players I brought in at Everton – the other night you would say they were all very good choices."

Yes David, we can clearly see that the players you brought in at Everton are much better than the 'world class' squad you inherited at United.

Anyone thinks Moyes' reputation is heading the same way as Hughes' did after he took the City job ?

BillyShears said:
I absolutely love David Moyes. We couldn't have invented a better undercover troll.

Check this quote out from yesterday's post match press conference.

"I tend to take my time and try to assess what are the best talents to bring in. You can see from the players I brought in at Everton – the other night you would say they were all very good choices."

Yes David, we can clearly see that the players you brought in at Everton are much better than the 'world class' squad you inherited at United.

Anyone thinks Moyes' reputation is heading the same way as Hughes' did after he took the City job ?
There is a view that the Utd players are inferior. How many of Utd's defenders and midfielders would you take?

The squad that Moyes inherited has two gifted forwards, but the rest?

Mad Dog said:
I'm an ex-pat from Northwich and supported Vics and United. Since moving to the US it is impossible to follow Vics so I have only followed United. I've supported them since 1966 through thick and thin, and could care less what any of you think. I'm happy to support my team and I'm OK with you supporting your team.

I just joined up here because you lot think all United supporters are plastic and only support United when they are winning. I'm here to say that it isn't the case with all of us. Of course we all like it when we are winning, that is only natural, but I am going to support United until I die.

How many of United's 659 million fans worldwide aren't plastics then?

And seeing as you can't follow Vics from the US I can advise you that they're royally fucked. Now playing in the 8th tier of football and without a ground. Google is your friend.

Maybe the agenda is fading, Shearers stuck a right boot in in The Sun usually they're sickeningly pro-rag

What any club needs when they are in trouble is not 1 Million fans worldwide wearing their shirts in the shopping mall, but their fans in the stadium to get behind them and believe in them.

Utd fans did not do their jobs against Newcastle. Their team was humiliated by Everton, and they had a chance to make the difference and inspire their team at home to Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.