United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh said:
moomba said:
Has anyone seen this yet

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ologetic-about-his-reputation-as-a-diver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...o ... diver.html</a>

Twat.
Telegraph | Error 404 | Sorry, the page you have requested is not available

Managed to copy/paste it from a newsreader site(or something)

Ashley Young has admitted to speaking to both David Moyes and Sir Alex Ferguson about his reputation as a 'diver' but the Manchester United winger unapologetically insists the issue must be addressed by referees rather than himself.

Young, who returned to the starting line-up for the first time in six weeks by facing Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday evening, has become the focus of the diving debate this season following controversial incidents against Crystal Palace and Real Sociedad, which led to United being awarded penalties as a result of the 28-year-old going to ground in the penalty area.
With former United manager Ferguson revealing in his recently published autobiography that he dropped the England international as a result of similar issues two years ago, Young has earned an unenviable reputation for diving, with opposition supporters, and a growing section of United fans, targeting the player with jeers and taunts from the terraces.

But while Young concedes that he has been spoken to by both Moyes and Ferguson about diving, he believes he has no charge to answer.
“It (diving) has been talked about (with Moyes), yes,” Young said. “It’s been talked about obviously, by the previous manager and the current manager, but that’s in house. I’m not going to comment on what’s been said.

Related Articles
Young's real crime? Diving is the only thing he's good at 06 Nov 2013
Henry Winter - Young should learn from McCoy 09 Nov 2013
Young tumbles closer to United exit 06 Nov 2013
The very worst of Ashley Young 06 Nov 2013
Ferdinand: diving zero tolerance must be universal 16 Sep 2013
'Divers should be shown red card' 16 Sep 2013

“But I think it’s one to ask the referees - they are the ones who are giving free-kicks and penalties.
“I remember getting booked against Palace and then won a penalty (later in the game). Against Real Sociedad, it was another penalty that was given.
“Referees have tough decisions to make, they have a tough, tough time out there making decisions, but they have made the right decisions I think.”
Despite finding himself in the eye of the storm following the alleged dives against Palace and Sociedad, Young claims he is unfazed by the negative publicity.

“I don’t take notice of the headlines or the debates,” Young said. “That’s obviously for the media to debate and people to have their say on it.
“Everyone is entitled to have their say on it, but for me, the referees have made decisions and that’s it.
“Of course I understand what you’re saying (about gaining a reputation) and everyone is going to have their say on it.
“But I’ve spoken to the previous manager and current manager, the referees are giving decisions and that is where I think it lies.”

Whether by fault or design, Young’s spell out of Moyes’s team in recent weeks coincided with the controversy generated by the penalty won by the player during the Champions League encounter with Sociedad last month.
The former Aston Villa forward has struggled to convince Moyes of his credentials as a first-team regular and has become a target for supporter unrest, with Old Trafford ringing out to ironic applause when he was replaced by Robin van Persie during the second-half of the 1-0 victory against Shakhtar.
Young insists he is unaware of losing the backing the United supporters, but he has vowed to prove his worth, both to Moyes and those watching from the Old Trafford stands.

“I didn’t hear the applause (when being taken off),” Young said. “But to be honest, I think you always have a bit of criticism now and then and it’s the way you take it.
“I’m a positive person. I always want to play well and go and show the fans how I can play and the fans have been brilliant since the day I came here. We want to do well for them.
“Obviously it’s been disappointing that I’ve not been involved as much as I would have liked. Every player in the squad wants to play every game and I’m no different to that.
“I was involved against Shakhtar and in a few other games this season, but I’ve had a period where I’ve not been involved.
“For me, I just want to get back out there playing. I’m a player who always wants to play each game and if I can give the manager a headache in training then it’s his decision whether I play or not.”
If Young starts against his former club at Villa Park on Sunday, it will be the first time since mid-September that he has been selected for successive games by Moyes.

Since that time, Young has fallen out of the England squad having started all four games at Euro 2012, but he admits he remains hopeful of convincing Roy Hodgson to take him to Brazil next summer.
“You always want to play in the biggest tournaments, whether that’s at club level or international level,” Young said. “So of course, I want to be on that plane.
“But I don’t think there’s a player who has been involved in the squad that doesn’t want to be on the plane.
“Right now I’m not thinking about the World Cup, I’m thinking about playing for United. I’ve started against Shakhtar and hopefully when the manager picks the team again I can be involved again.”

TCIB said:
Fucking hell tamworth, that first one you quoted was hardcore.
The fella is calling it as it is and pulls no punches, fair play to him for that.

He has explained the baconface situ perfectly imo, he watched as the playing staff got diluted to nothing then fucks off when it starts to look grim.
He even opened my eyes to the seemingly correct assumption bacon hired Moyes just because he saw a lot of himself in the fella.

In fact i think i might even fancy that poster :p

Yeah, he can clearly see what's happening and isn't afraid to say it how it is. Fair play to him for sticking his head above the parapet rather than burying his head in the sand and convincing himself that everything will be fine and dandy soon enough just because the Trafford Ministry Of Truth says so.

It's been obvious for at least 2 seasons that United have been treading water with this squad but a combination of Ferguson's ability to make the sum far greater than the parts, and the weakness of their rivals at the top end of the table (Arsenal and Chelsea), not to mention the complacency of ourselves at certain points last season has ensured that they've won 2 of the past 3 league titles while they only lost the other one on goal difference.

I'm still reluctant to write them off completely but the signs are there that things could be unravelling quicker than many of us expected. As good a job as he did at Everton, I've never been convinced that Moyes is the right man for that job but I don't think he's been helped with the squad that Ferguson left him which is clearly in need of far greater rebuilding than his predecessor admitted.

KentBlue said:
The problem here is that these deluded rags genuinely cannot see what is happening in the real world. The Trafford Ministry of Truth reels out the propaganda and the thick, gullible, needy followers drink it all in. Never stopping to think for themselves and ask a question or two.

To the rest of us, players like Messi, Tranny, Bale etc ARE world class. They are extremely gifted players. But the Ministry tells its followers that Tom Cleverley is the finest player this country has produced in the last half-century, so they believe it. They accept it as fact. The sheep are told that Moyes is a brilliant football manager, that Fellaini is actually worth 3 times what they paid for him, that the rags wouldn't want Kun if he begged to go there as Wellbeck is way better. And if from a young age you're fed all this propaganda 24 hours a day via the media ( Murdoch's lackies), you become brainwashed to the point where you're no longer a football fan, you're an automaton.

The similarites between that vile, odious club and Kim Jong's North Korea are there for all but ?the weak-minded to see.
I have to object with this post. Bale is ALMOST world class...

The more I think of it the more I want a fit and healthy Fergie hanging around the swamp for as long as possible always looking over the shoulder of the manager and interfering with goings on. Can only cause disruption in the long term.

Their demise has been staggering this season and long may it continue. If that means by keeping Moyesee in place then so much the better. Is it no coincidence that seeing as he has left Everton they are doing particularly well. I see the rag media in particular talkshite are wheeling out everyone and everybody to support the idea of wee Davey having more time. I heard Elephant man saying he is a good manager and lately ex players saying how he relishes the challenge and pressure he is under.

For me I hope the fuckers implode spectacularly in some way but another side of me wishes them a long and painful decline suppose can't have it both ways. Long may the bastards suffer.

bammy blue said:
The more I think of it the more I want a fit and healthy Fergie hanging around the swamp for as long as possible

And shaking his head, which is something he has taken to doing recently, by all accounts.

Pam said:
TGR said:
tamworthblue said:
Wow, some amazing stuff on there...check this post out

It's a horrible, horrible mess which has been presided over by some right f***ing complacent c**ts. The biggest of which was stood in the middle of the old trafford pitch ordering us all to "get behind the new manager". Well he really gave us a test there didn't he, the vainglorious old c**t. Instead of picking the best manger for the club, he picked the man who he thought reflected what he saw in himself. Choosing to leave when he knew our chief exec was already leaving causing maximum upheaval, pausing only to drop the Rooney bomb on us to deal with over the summer before returning with another salvo in the form of that wretched book. Then he turns up every game to watch this grand cluster f*** unfold.

Do you think the penny has dropped over at the swamp just yet?
That is serious stuff! All true I might add but it is clear that the fans are now starting to see the whole thing unravel in front of their very eyes.
I could genuinely cry with joy.

This has been coming for three years or more. The only surprise is how they got away with it for so long. I mean to say ... bringing Scholes out of retirement one season and regularly playing a 40 year old in midfield instead of signing some decent players. Doesn't matter how good Rooney and RVP might be when you're relying on Dad's Army to supply the strikers with the necessary ammo.

Nobody can be genuinely surprised, shirley.

And did the press and pundits pick up on this over the last 3 years? Or did they just carry on kissing Bacon's arse?

TCIB said:
Sigh said:
moomba said:
Has anyone seen this yet

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ologetic-about-his-reputation-as-a-diver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...o ... diver.html</a>

Twat.

Paraphrased it says thus...

"I don't dive, the refs make the decision and i thought they got the calls correct (when referencing times he got the call in his favour)"

He is a little turd i would never get tired of grabbing and swinging into a brick wall.

I read it a bit different. It doesnt matter if he dives or not as its up to the refs to make the right decision.

moomba said:
TCIB said:
Sigh said:

Paraphrased it says thus...

"I don't dive, the refs make the decision and i thought they got the calls correct (when referencing times he got the call in his favour)"

He is a little turd i would never get tired of grabbing and swinging into a brick wall.

I read it a bit different. It doesnt matter if he dives or not as its up to the refs to make the right decision.

Think i read it on a diff site matey, i will see if i can remember which one and post their slant on it.

Plenty on Twitter, ( I know I know ), saying Rooney has turned down the chance to open negotiations re a new contract extension. It just gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.