United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbilisi said:
blueincy said:
de niro said:
he's still at it :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://whatfalcaoearns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://whatfalcaoearns.com/</a>

Hahahahaha

If I had sat down with a plain piece of paper and planned their demise I honestly could not have imagined better than any of this,its just marvellous stuff.

It's
[video]https://youtu.be/dPPi2D6GK7A[/video]

stonerblue said:
M18CTID said:
Scratch under the surface of the bravado of your average United fan and the clued-up ones are in despair at how their team is performing. No amount of spin in the press will change their views. My boss is a season ticket holder there and is as sensible as they come but like most die-hard fans also has a tendency to pretty much defend the manager whatever he does. Not with the Tactical Turtle though - he fucking hates him and wants him out ASAP and while accepting that Moyes probably wasn't the answer he'd sooner he was still in charge. Reckons if Moyes was using the same "hoofball to Fellaini" tactics, the press would be crucifying him rather than latching on to buzz words such as "Filosofee" and making constant excuses.

Walked into the boozer after work yesterday to be met by the sound of some whineing plastics banging on about, 'too many foreigners in the team' and 'the united way' and 'we need to spend big' etc etc. Some of their dummy spitting was comedy gold.
Went in the beer garden and talked about them with a season ticket holder of 30 years. He wants Sam sacked right away and Giggs,Scholes,Neville put in charge.

[bigimg]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yflnDy571qi6zcz.jpg[/bigimg]

It would be a start.

United need to rebuild because they are an aeroplane with no pilot - there's no leadership at executive level, there's no idea what football they are trying to play apart from a stupidly simplistic idea of "attacking" which could mean anything, there's no idea on who or what they are buying and they're spunking money everywhere. Falcao was not a transfer taken by a club in control of its situation. All they keep doing is appointing managers who they think will take over Ferguson's role which is why they appointed Mini-Fergie then Dutch Fergie, and is also why they have both failed.

They need to accept, I mean actually accept properly, that they will be fighting for the Champions League fourth spot for the next 3-5 years. During that time, they can use their wealth to build up proper footballing structures at the club in terms of style of play, transfer policy, and youth policy. Watching their U21s and changing their shirts you couldn't tell that they played for Manchester United. Same with the first team. They've lost their way.

Slowly rebuilding themselves over the next few years, with somebody like Giggs or Gary Neville who seems to understand what style of football United should be playing and how they should focus on their youth development, is a better idea for them than spunking about £50m on Falcao and another £200m this summer on whichever person is highly regarded and has an agent who wants them to move. They should be filling gaps in their squad, instead they're creating them.

I said previously that the reason that Manchester United won't come back for a long time is that they believe in the myth of Manchester United; "success is part of this club" and all that arrogant bollocks. They feel entitled to success and believe that changing the manager and blowing their budget on the latest flavour of the month in the Guardian Football Section and then success will just instantly appear. They are the world's biggest football club yet seemingly don't understand how to run a football club. He absolutely wrecked them when he left Fergie, not in footballing terms but in psychological ones.

can all these fun and games at the swamp last for us i sure do hope so, there seems to be a daily laugh at them a genuine laugh, its all to easy and may it long continue.
If they dont make top 4 then the summer is going to be very enjoyable.

Damocles said:
stonerblue said:
M18CTID said:
Scratch under the surface of the bravado of your average United fan and the clued-up ones are in despair at how their team is performing. No amount of spin in the press will change their views. My boss is a season ticket holder there and is as sensible as they come but like most die-hard fans also has a tendency to pretty much defend the manager whatever he does. Not with the Tactical Turtle though - he fucking hates him and wants him out ASAP and while accepting that Moyes probably wasn't the answer he'd sooner he was still in charge. Reckons if Moyes was using the same "hoofball to Fellaini" tactics, the press would be crucifying him rather than latching on to buzz words such as "Filosofee" and making constant excuses.

Walked into the boozer after work yesterday to be met by the sound of some whineing plastics banging on about, 'too many foreigners in the team' and 'the united way' and 'we need to spend big' etc etc. Some of their dummy spitting was comedy gold.
Went in the beer garden and talked about them with a season ticket holder of 30 years. He wants Sam sacked right away and Giggs,Scholes,Neville put in charge.

[bigimg]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yflnDy571qi6zcz.jpg[/bigimg]

It would be a start.

United need to rebuild because they are an aeroplane with no pilot - there's no leadership at executive level, there's no idea what football they are trying to play apart from a stupidly simplistic idea of "attacking" which could mean anything, there's no idea on who or what they are buying and they're spunking money everywhere. Falcao was not a transfer taken by a club in control of its situation. All they keep doing is appointing managers who they think will take over Ferguson's role which is why they appointed Mini-Fergie then Dutch Fergie, and is also why they have both failed.

They need to accept, I mean actually accept properly, that they will be fighting for the Champions League fourth spot for the next 3-5 years. During that time, they can use their wealth to build up proper footballing structures at the club in terms of style of play, transfer policy, and youth policy. Watching their U21s and changing their shirts you couldn't tell that they played for Manchester United. Same with the first team. They've lost their way.

Slowly rebuilding themselves over the next few years, with somebody like Giggs or Gary Neville who seems to understand what style of football United should be playing and how they should focus on their youth development, is a better idea for them than spunking about £50m on Falcao and another £200m this summer on whichever person is highly regarded and has an agent who wants them to move. They should be filling gaps in their squad, instead they're creating them.

I said previously that the reason that Manchester United won't come back for a long time is that they believe in the myth of Manchester United; "success is part of this club" and all that arrogant bollocks. They feel entitled to success and believe that changing the manager and blowing their budget on the latest flavour of the month in the Guardian Football Section and then success will just instantly appear. They are the world's biggest football club yet seemingly don't understand how to run a football club. He absolutely wrecked them when he left Fergie, not in footballing terms but in psychological ones.
Absolutely this.
I posted just after GPC's departure, that he had become like a drug on which they had become dependent to give them their highs, but like any drug , it will end up poisoning you.
And it is surely coming to pass now.

A rag colleague today:

"Its a good job I'm an armchair supporter nowadays because we're really shit"

Fickle twat I thought, but then I can never recall him going.

#can'tgetaticket

:-)

Apparently, Butthead still has the support of the hierarchy.

The Save Our Turtle movement appears to be working a charm. Keep it up boys and girls.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/story/2342351/louis-van-gaal-has-support-of-manchester-united-hierarchy-sources" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/ ... hy-sources</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.