United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluearmy said:
Rooney knocked out in his own kitchen by PHIL Bardsley while having a boxing fight.... Wtf....

The Sun have video of it apparently

Footballer Wayne Rooney was apparently knocked out' during a boxing bout in his kitchen with a friend during a boozy lads night in.

The England and Man Utd captain was sparing with pal Stoke City defender Phil Bardsley when he appears to have been knocked unconscious.

The pair were messing around in the kitchen of Rooney’s £3.5 million Cheshire mansion last month when the incident happened.

Another friend filmed the fight which is believed to have started off playfully but then “got out of hand” according to the un-named friend who filmed it.

After putting on boxing gloves and exchanging punches the video shows Rooney knocked to the floor where he lies on his back with his eyes closed for several seconds before filming is halted.

The pal said: “Wayne had everybody worried when he hit the floor like that. he made such a thud when he went down. People were scared he had really banged his head and done some lasting damage.”

The 29-year-old striker is seen lying on his back with his head under a chair and appears to be out cold after taking a heavy punch.

The footage is sure to anger his wife Coleen and Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal.

Rooney and Bardsley, also 29, are former Man Utd teammates until Bardsley left Old Trafford for Sunderland in 2008.

Rooney is a huge boxing fan, often attending big fights and even trained as a boxer in his yout hand credits the dangerous sport with helping his football career.

‘I think my boxing training was beneficial in my development as a footballer, especially breaking through to the Premier League at such a young age,’ he said in 2008 but he declined to comment on this incident.

How could they tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.