United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancitymick said:
Article in the Muen with Danny Higginbotham

“I wasn’t good enough. Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t sell players if they were good enough.

“But I did go back to Old Trafford the next season with Derby on the day the Reds were presented with the Premier League trophy and we beat them 1-0 to avoid relegation and send Man City down.

“You couldn’t write that one could you!”

I dont recall a result at the Swamp sent us down?
Bit of Googling shows that at the end of the 2000/2001 we were four points behind Derby with two games to go. They beat the rags at the swamp 1-0 on May 5 and we lost to Ipswich two days later meaning we couldn't catch them although given they had won at the swamp a win at Ipswich still meant we couldn't catch them. That said we could have overtaken West Ham if they hadn't beaten Southampton at home on May 5 so in theory did they send us down as well. DH talking shite but it keeps the myth running that the rags sent us down by losing

CelesteItis said:
de niro said:
5948947 said:
FINAL_Wizard_Silva_rework%20no%20nike.ashx

quite brilliant.

Wrong thread though, this is the SCUM thread.[/quote

I think the poster is making the point that Merlin is going to rip the rag scum a new arse very soon.

moomba said:
I remember that Derby game, was pretty pissed off at the time. But we went down a few days later when we lost to Ipswich. 4 teams finished 8 points ahead of us.
You don't remember it that well mate as it was a draw, Steve Howey scoring our equaliser, after Keane's sending off ;-)

Must confess I did have to double check in the history section as I thought I was going mad.

Higginbotton, yet another ex-united player lickspittle.

TCIB said:
I still hate Coventry City for staying up when we went down once. Was us or them, c**ts ! :-D

Was that when Ball was in charge?

In 2000, we went down with two other Cities; Bradford and Coventry.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/manchester-united-open-talks-with-ex-man-city-star-regarding-4m-a-year-deal/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... um=twitter</a>

Looks like the rags might have a new enforcer next season :(

Hope we show our class and wipe the floor with them in the Derby. I remember them acting like it was a wonderful performance when we beat them 1-0. When we were denied three clear penalties and Rojo should have been sent off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.