United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31452399

Paul Scholes: Man Utd are miserable and fail club ethos

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes says the club's style of play is "miserable" and is failing their attacking traditions. Manager Louis van Gaal has defended his tactics after West Ham counterpart Sam Allardyce called the Dutchman's side "long-ball United". Scholes wrote in the Independent: "At the moment I'm struggling to watch Van Gaal's team with any great enjoyment. "At times, United's football is miserable," he added.

"To beat opposing teams you have to attack, and to attack you have to take risks. Too few of the players in the current team are prepared to take those risks." United sit third in the Premier League after Wednesday's 3-1 victory over Burnley at Old Trafford - a display which Van Gaal "didn't like".

Former players including ex-Arsenal and West Ham striker John Hartson and Phil Neville - a team-mate of Scholes at United - have also criticised United's recent displays. as "really poor", "predictable" and "lacking pace".

Midfielder Scholes, who made his United debut in 1994, playing 676 times and winning 11 Premier League titles, contrasted the team's current style with the tactics adopted by his ex-boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

He added: "In the periods of my career when I stopped passing the ball forward, or when I stopped looking for the risky pass that might open up a defence, the consequences were the same. The manager stopped picking me.

"I got back into the team when I went back to doing it the way he wanted. "United's history was built on attacking football, which does not always mean that the team kept clean sheets or did not concede chances.

"Why do you think United have had some of the best goalkeepers in the world over the years? They needed them because the team committed so many players forward."

West Ham boss Allardyce said he had never seen a United side "hoofing" the ball forward after the teams drew 1-1 at Upton Park last Sunday.

But Van Gaal disputed the assertion at a news conference on Monday and presented a dossier to back ups his claims

kippax kid said:
stony said:
de niro said:
dont know if its just me but i feel for him. obviously a passionate and honest fan. we've been there.

Are you on the wum again Bill? Fuck him, the spoilt little rat. Apart from the last year or so he's known nothing but success. They've just outspent everyone in the transfer market again and have brought in players most clubs can only dream about. They sit 3rd in the table but it's not good enough?
"We've all been there" really? 3rd in the table and millions spent on players. Very few have been there. A spell in the lower leagues would do the angry little gobshite a taste of reality.
Spoilt, selfish, glory hunting fucking prick. I hope his arsehole catches fire and his cock falls off.
That is one of the best rants I've seen on here . Fooking mint and very very true.

brilliant rant, also one of the best ive seen.classic.

Prestwich_Blue said:
de niro said:
Silva_Spell said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KZyJalPybA[/video]

dont know if its just me but i feel for him. obviously a passionate and honest fan. we've been there.
I know him. He was one of my cubs and he was definitely a blue then if I remember correctly.

if thats right PB, then take a bow Stony.

Fuck all this bullshit about them playing awful as long as they are picking points. I rather them playing world class football and being mid table. It's so damn frustrating watching them playing that dross of football each week and having one loss in last 18 matches, I've never seen a team holding a position on table so undeservedly like them this season. It's nothing short of shocking seeing them on third fucking place.

dennishasdoneit said:
kippax kid said:
stony said:
Are you on the wum again Bill? Fuck him, the spoilt little rat. Apart from the last year or so he's known nothing but success. They've just outspent everyone in the transfer market again and have brought in players most clubs can only dream about. They sit 3rd in the table but it's not good enough?
"We've all been there" really? 3rd in the table and millions spent on players. Very few have been there. A spell in the lower leagues would do the angry little gobshite a taste of reality.
Spoilt, selfish, glory hunting fucking prick. I hope his arsehole catches fire and his cock falls off.
That is one of the best rants I've seen on here . Fooking mint and very very true.

brilliant rant, also one of the best ive seen.classic.

ha ha ha excellent rant Stony!! It is only the doughnut thief and piss poor finishing from the opposition keeping them where they are. It is incredible a team playing so poorly have only lost once in eighteen games and are third but they are and still in the FA cup!

We need them to get knocked out by Preston and take a few hammerings then drop to sixth and fail to qualify for the champions league again. Their big signings will be off faster than a rat up a drainpipe,Rooney and Van Persie a year older and nobody wanting to go there unless they break the bank on wages.Bring it on then that turd will have something to rant about lol!

stony said:
de niro said:
Silva_Spell said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KZyJalPybA[/video]

Absolutely spot on. Sanctimonious, self-entitled bad bells 95% of them. They didn't sign up for this when they were hoovering up the pots in the 90s. No one told them football isn't just about winning and beating Liverpool's record.

I even had one get misty eyed the other day for the so called barren period in the 70s and 80s when they still spent big ding and won a pot or two. You know, when football was better.

" I remember when we had Graeme Hogg in our defence and we were rubbish"

They should stick to counting empty seats rather than turning up to watch them lot win, they are world class at that now.

Bacons ex assistant has just come out with a right beauty.

'The manager tapped me on the shoulder and said "well done... we're champions for now".'

That's what fergie told him just after the sunderland game. I bet the twat nearly had an heart attack when we scored the winner.

88ster said:
stony said:
de niro said:

Absolutely spot on. Sanctimonious, self-entitled bad bells 95% of them. They didn't sign up for this when they were hoovering up the pots in the 90s. No one told them football isn't just about winning and beating Liverpool's record.

I even had one get misty eyed the other day for the so called barren period in the 70s and 80s when they still spent big ding and won a pot or two. You know, when football was better.

" I remember when we had Graeme Hogg in our defence and we were rubbish"

They should stick to counting empty seats rather than turning up to watch them lot win, they are world class at that now.

Funny you should say that. Was watching MOTD the over night and saw lots of empties at OT. Odd that I missed the article in the MEN with the red circles?

Easy option taking braying gobby shithouses the lot of them, to call them sub-human slime is doing sub-human slime a disservice, absolutely no sympathy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.