United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
£60m+ on two players who wouldn't even get in our starting line up, oh how the mighty have fallen.

agyeiboateng said:
Stoned Rose said:
So 60m for a 25 year old midfielder who couldn't make the 30 man Spain squad and has never had a full Spain cap and an 18 year old left back who's had 1 reasonably good season in the prem?

The Herrera signing is going to cause difficulties in fitting everyone in. Central midfield wise they already have Mata, Kagawa, Carrick, Cleverly and Fellaini. Carrick will automatically take 1 of those spots. That leaves 4 players for 1 spot. Good luck with that.

Shaw is a decent player, but fuck me, £30m for a left back?

I could understand that kind of money if he was a striker or attacker and was going to be getting 20+ goals a season but he isn't.

I'm seriously underwhelmed and it looks like their 'warchest' is getting spent on, well. not much.

I'm more than happy to stick with our £12m for Fernando and Sagna.

Sorry but this comment is very poor. The Spanish are loaded with midfielders. Isco would start for many teams in the world and he didnt make the Spanish world cup squad.

Fair enough we are rivals with united so we will make digs at them, but i hate when posters just belittle every player to suit their agenda.

First of all I don't see Utd as a 'rival' and I don't have any 'agenda' against them.

My comments are sound. Had he been good enough he would've got in the Spain squad/team at some stage, probably during friendlies. He hasn't. There has also not been any other clubs mentioned as being after him. The 2 big Spanish clubs have never shown much interest in him. He isn't a 'top' player by any stretch.

His arrival will definitely mean difficulty in fitting him, Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini, Carrick, Janujaz, Nani, Young and even Rooney in. Please tell me how this is wrong?

I can honestly say, hand on heart, we have done much better business for £12m than United have for ca. £60m. The only thing is, we've signed a full-back at the opposite side of his career to Shaw, but it doesn't make up for the £48m difference.

United have become the City of 2008. Clubs know they are desperate and like us back then, United don't have a proper sporting director to work the market so throw insane transfer fees at clubs and wages at players (£160,000/week for Shaw according to the fairly reliable Wayne Veysey).

We were absolutely savaged at the time for trying to build a team to compete, yet look at the journalists on Twitter, the likes of Ian Herbert who sound like giddy young boys in a sweet shop at the prospect of their masters becoming a force again next season.

LoveCity said:
I can honestly say, hand on heart, we have done much better business for £12m than United have for ca. £60m. The only thing is, we've signed a full-back at the opposite side of his career to Shaw, but it doesn't make up for the £48m difference.

United have become the City of 2008. Clubs know they are desperate and like us back then, United don't have a proper sporting director to work the market so throw insane transfer fees at clubs and wages at players (£160,000/week for Shaw according to the fairly reliable Wayne Veysey).

We were absolutely savaged at the time for trying to build a team to compete, yet look at the journalists on Twitter, the likes of Ian Herbert who sound like giddy young boys in a sweet shop at the prospect of their masters becoming a force again next season.
Don't get giddy . We are not world beaters yet .

LoveCity said:

Exactly how I see it. They're throwing tonnes of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. I also think spending £30m+ on an 18 year old left back earning ridiculous wages shows up their 'amazing' youth system for what it is.

ha ha wankers

PlqgvIV.jpg

LoveCity said:

Ian Herbert is a cockroach.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
LoveCity said:

Ian Herbert is a cockroach.

he is, which of course makes his pain even funnier.

So they got Shaw eh, fair do's they were always gonna buy. I am gleeful at the fact they had to pay effing loads though.

I reckon that is their summer transfer season is done now regarding any remotely recognised players, ha!

Vidal is the one they're trying for next apparently. Now he'd be their first signing that would worry me, but he doesn't strike me as the type to throw away Champions League football so easily (I may be wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.