United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Herbert and that other rag sycophant, i forget his name, writes for the...OGDEN, thats the fella.

Lets see the focus on these genuinely obscene fees, i won't hold my breath, tossers.

they have paid £60m for an above average la liga player who cant get in the national squad , and an unproven 18 year old full back who has had a decent 12 months in a mid table southampton team , so the famous yooonited conveyor belt of wonder kids appears to have stalled , in fact they havent produced a decent youth player since paul scholes in the 90's. . Players like welbeck and cleverley are not 1st choice and wouldnt get in any top 6 side in europe , thier investment in youth , which was the supposedly corner stone of the GPC's reign ,is and always has been a media driven myth , they have now reverted to type and are trying to buy success.

Checked the caf for a laugh earlier some beaut posts i remember included. Shaw has done more at 18 than Cole did at Arsenal so he will inevitably be better by end of his career. Hazard is criminally over rated at £32m yet Shaw is worth every penny as he is best left back in the prem. They're now expecting Reus, Hummels and Vidal to come in along with Sanchez and Depay by close of window.

Fucking unreal. They are wanking silly that they've signed Shaw and Herrera for circa £63m, while the non-Utd fans are pissing themselves with laughter. Shaw at £18m worth a pop, £30m+? No thanks. No left back is ever worth that money, or right back

whyalwaysyou said:
Checked the caf for a laugh earlier some beaut posts i remember included. Shaw has done more at 18 than Cole did at Arsenal so he will inevitably be better by end of his career. Hazard is criminally over rated at £32m yet Shaw is worth every penny as he is best left back in the prem. They're now expecting Reus, Hummels and Vidal to come in along with Sanchez and Depay by close of window.

Fucking unreal. They are wanking silly that they've signed Shaw and Herrera for circa £63m, while the non-Utd fans are pissing themselves with laughter. Shaw at £18m worth a pop, £30m+? No thanks. No left back is ever worth that money, or right back
Herrera is a great signing, Shaw may be worth 30m IF he stays with them for the next 10 years and fulfills his potential, a bit like Wio.

The_Mo said:
whyalwaysyou said:

Herrera is a great signing, Shaw may be worth 30m IF he stays with them for the next 10 years and fulfills his potential, a bit like Wio.

£63m for the both though? Fucking madness. Without a buyout IMO Herrera is £20m at best. 2 Spanish mids have come to the prem this yr, I know which one id take

agyeiboateng said:
Stoned Rose said:
So 60m for a 25 year old midfielder who couldn't make the 30 man Spain squad and has never had a full Spain cap and an 18 year old left back who's had 1 reasonably good season in the prem?

The Herrera signing is going to cause difficulties in fitting everyone in. Central midfield wise they already have Mata, Kagawa, Carrick, Cleverly and Fellaini. Carrick will automatically take 1 of those spots. That leaves 4 players for 1 spot. Good luck with that.

Shaw is a decent player, but fuck me, £30m for a left back?

I could understand that kind of money if he was a striker or attacker and was going to be getting 20+ goals a season but he isn't.

I'm seriously underwhelmed and it looks like their 'warchest' is getting spent on, well. not much.

I'm more than happy to stick with our £12m for Fernando and Sagna.

Sorry but this comment is very poor. The Spanish are loaded with midfielders. Isco would start for many teams in the world and he didnt make the Spanish world cup squad.

Fair enough we are rivals with united so we will make digs at them, but i hate when posters just belittle every player to suit their agenda.
erm.. its called banter,

gordondaviesmoustache said:
deano ou812 said:
The rags finding themselves in the position we were in a few years back,paying big fees and wages to catch up with top 4,strange that there's no mention in the media of paying over the odds on fees or wages......
The fact it isn't surprising doesn't make it any less disgraceful.

But we'd be ruining football if we'd paid £30 mill for a 20 yr old defender... fuck em all GDM..lets win the title again..(ooh poetry...not cool...not cool at all).

i assume FFP doesn't apply to them this season

and with this gung ho spending only going to get larger over summer with the major surgery required

just wondering any of those in the know how they stand with regards FFP ala liverpool last season

or are they pretty much untouchable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.