United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
Allendintiers said:
Sky Blue said:
Pretending to be a blue until sussed can be classed as wumming....

I've a good mind to report you for telling fibs!

Have you considered channeling this persistence into something more productive?

Allendintiers said:
Labour won't do nowt until they get a proper leader in charge. David Miliband was the future, but they settle for his simpleton brother instead. Big mistake.
Still talking about the reds though

The problem for Utd and their many followers, is that they've essentially been living in a bubble from 1986-2013. The game moved on in leaps and bounds over that period, on and off the field. Fortunately for them, and much as I hate to say it, they had one of the best managers this country has seen. They also had the money to back him up. Build a very good team, add one or two top end, expensive signings to it every season, happy days. Added to this was the 'class of 92' (pardon me while I vomit), which also helped immensely. They also had David Gill.
However, as more money came into the game, first for Chelsea, then City, Ferguson increasingly became an anachronism. 'No value in the market' etc. The value is whatever people are paying at that time, and the likes of City and Chelsea were prepared to pay more. Hence they caught up (and, indeed, surpassed) Utd. The academy will no longer save them, as City and Chelsea have equally good or better ones, and the gulf between academy players and the first team is harder to jump than ever before.
Now they find themselves as just another well off club, but without the infrastructure and professionalism of their rivals. The squad is way below par mainly due to the inaction of Ferguson, other than his vanity purchase of Van Pussy, to win the title back before retirement. He knew what was happening, he could see the writing on the wall. That's why he went when he did.
Now they find themselves with a CEO who wouldn't know a football from a landmine, and owners who are only in it for the money. All being told what to do, who to buy, by a bloke who might not even be there that long. What happens to all his signings if it goes tits up again? Signed with a 3-5-2 in mind, when the next manager wants to play 4-4-2?
Not very holistic. No long term thinking there. It's just 'give him whatever it takes to get us back in the CL next season, or we're commercially f*cked'. What if it doesn't? Do the same again next season? With the same manager, or a different one? When the Glazers realise how much of their lovely profits are going on players every season, with the rest going on paying off the debt, what then?
A lot of people in this country, myself included, balked at the idea of Directors of Football. A lot of City fans on this very site, myself again included, were somewhat skeptical about our stated 'holistic' approach after the sacking of Mancini. But by God, the difference between the two clubs now is plain for all to see. One is being run as a football club, with football success in mind, the other as nothing more than a commercial enterprise with no interest in anything other than sponsorship deals, and how many shirts it can flog to the Ultras in Singapore, Thailand and Milton Keynes. The desperation, evidenced by the hugely inflated transfer fees they are getting ripped off for, is palpable. Where's the value in the market now? Nearly £30m for a 19 year old fatty who wears gay jeans, apparently.
No, I think if they don't get CL this season, and I don't think they will as it currently stands, then they are going to fall further and further behind the likes of us and Chelsea. Possibly others, if they get themselves sorted out.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Long may it continue.

Gaslighting-300x226.jpg

ianw16 said:
The problem for Utd and their many followers, is that they've essentially been living in a bubble from 1986-2013. The game moved on in leaps and bounds over that period, on and off the field. Fortunately for them, and much as I hate to say it, they had one of the best managers this country has seen. They also had the money to back him up. Build a very good team, add one or two top end, expensive signings to it every season, happy days. Added to this was the 'class of 92' (pardon me while I vomit), which also helped immensely. They also had David Gill.
However, as more money came into the game, first for Chelsea, then City, Ferguson increasingly became an anachronism. 'No value in the market' etc. The value is whatever people are paying at that time, and the likes of City and Chelsea were prepared to pay more. Hence they caught up (and, indeed, surpassed) Utd. The academy will no longer save them, as City and Chelsea have equally good or better ones, and the gulf between academy players and the first team is harder to jump than ever before.
Now they find themselves as just another well off club, but without the infrastructure and professionalism of their rivals. The squad is way below par mainly due to the inaction of Ferguson, other than his vanity purchase of Van Pussy, to win the title back before retirement. He knew what was happening, he could see the writing on the wall. That's why he went when he did.
Now they find themselves with a CEO who wouldn't know a football from a landmine, and owners who are only in it for the money. All being told what to do, who to buy, by a bloke who might not even be there that long. What happens to all his signings if it goes tits up again? Signed with a 3-5-2 in mind, when the next manager wants to play 4-4-2?
Not very holistic. No long term thinking there. It's just 'give him whatever it takes to get us back in the CL next season, or we're commercially f*cked'. What if it doesn't? Do the same again next season? With the same manager, or a different one? When the Glazers realise how much of their lovely profits are going on players every season, with the rest going on paying off the debt, what then?
A lot of people in this country, myself included, balked at the idea of Directors of Football. A lot of City fans on this very site, myself again included, were somewhat skeptical about our stated 'holistic' approach after the sacking of Mancini. But by God, the difference between the two clubs now is plain for all to see. One is being run as a football club, with football success in mind, the other as nothing more than a commercial enterprise with no interest in anything other than sponsorship deals, and how many shirts it can flog to the Ultras in Singapore, Thailand and Milton Keynes. The desperation, evidenced by the hugely inflated transfer fees they are getting ripped off for, is palpable. Where's the value in the market now? Nearly £30m for a 19 year old fatty who wears gay jeans, apparently.
No, I think if they don't get CL this season, and I don't think they will as it currently stands, then they are going to fall further and further behind the likes of us and Chelsea. Possibly others, if they get themselves sorted out.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Long may it continue.

Credit where it's due, City's current squad is mind blowing, but one cautionary tale from United is to look at the ages of your current squad and imagine where they will be in 6 years time, coz that's what we did. We had our own Victor Kompany in Vidic, and Silva in Scholes, and Evra flying up the wing like Zabaletta (and Ronaldo knocking in 34 goals in one season.) It was all so easy...but then they all passed 30 and we didn't have anyone in the wings to replace them. We took a punt on Jones and Smalling and signed them as ones for the future, but how could they develop with so many changes in coaching staff, and limited playing time. Now we are panic buying, and trying to clear the decks, but I think that a quiet season with just PL football will be a blessing in disguise for LVG. He's buying better players than we had available when he arrived, and the attacking options are still pretty decent with Mata, Di Maria, RVP.

Allendintiers said:
Sky Blue said:
Helmet Cole said:
Tbh there doesn't seem to be any harm in Allendintiers aside from the delusion and blinkers. Seems to be polite, not particularly wumming, and capable of arguing a point (even when it's wrong). I think we should all play nice.
Pretending to be a blue until sussed can be classed as wumming....

I've a good mind to report you for telling fibs!

Have you considered channeling this persistence into something more productive?

Quote from this rag...

We learned that the whole attack to try and boost our presence in America over the last 4 years has been a complete waste of time! Liverpool out numbered us 10 to 1 in New York, where we have had a City in the Community scheme running for 3 years....

Hmmm who are 'we'? surely you weren't pretending to be blue?

This one will go the way they all go, he'll do the nicy nicy bit then start having a few digs when he's got a couple of soft blues on-side to say he's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.