United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a team that won the PL the season before last.
Since then they have spent an absolute fortune and continue to spend heavily. Crazy fees.
The pressure should be on them to challenge for the PL title this year not next, not top 4is our target nonsense. They have the most expensive team ever in the PL, no European football and should be up there challenging. If it was us spending that money anything but a title challenge would be considered a failure

greasedupdeafguy said:
Castiel said:
Andouble said:
Blind and Herrera could be a very good midfield pairing, honestly.

Their defense is still an absolute joke, but how much longer until they throw dosh at that? Maybe they miss the top 4 this year, but right back in title contention next year.
Do you think they could go from practically mid table to challenging for the title? I suppose Liverpool just did it without European distractions. I can't see it happening this season though. If they fail to make the CL they lose a fortune in sponsorship deals, not to mention the TV revenue and prize money for competing. It's unbelievably damaging to miss out. Two seasons out after this kind of investment would surely be catastrophic? The thing is LVG isn't a shit coach. I'm not sure I trust Liverpool and Arsenal to keep them out if he finds a way to make that unbalanced mess of a squad click. He'll have to make some bold decisions like dropping Mata or Rooney, but he may well do it and take the hit.
If they cant challenge for the title with Di maria, Rooney, Mata, van persie and falcao something is seriously wrong in that dressing room.
It's not just the personnel, it's the balance and cohesion. Real Madrid have assembled teams full of huge names in the past that were dire. This is a team game. If Blind and Harrera turn out to be a good partnership then it could be different, but that remains to be seen and they've already got a huge injury crisis. Their defence is still shockingly bad and their CM at the least lacks depth. Their attack on paper is ridiculous, that's all we really know.

Henkeman said:
Puteulanus luna said:
Henkeman said:
Presumably they'll notice he's only got one leg at the moment then.
Bet it's bollox but it's what I've heard.

He's been injured for 6 months and is out for another 2. Even Woodward isn't that stupid.
Want to bet? :D

The other thing no one seems to be mentioning is the difficulty of getting a first xi with possibly 7 new players to gel together, playing a new system with a manager that hasn't a clue about the league, there's a few laughs left in this season yet.

aguero93:20 said:
Henkeman said:
Puteulanus luna said:

He's been injured for 6 months and is out for another 2. Even Woodward isn't that stupid.

The other thing no one seems to be mentioning is the difficulty of getting a first xi with possibly 7 new players to gel together, playing a new system with a manager that hasn't a clue about the league, there's a few laughs left in this season yet.

I'm Ernie to your Eric.... ;-)

---------De Gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
--Mata Blind Herrera
-------Di Maria
-----RVP Falcao

I think if he dumps the 3 at the back and goes with something like the above, he has the bones of a decent side. But might take 3 months for them to gel properly.

aguero93:20 said:
Henkeman said:
Puteulanus luna said:

You are exactly right.

How do you fit Rooney, Van Persie, Mata, Herrara, Di Maria and Falcao into a plausible formation?

Its Kevin Keegan at Newcastle all over again. Simply trying to outscore the opposition with no thought to structure.

And they say Louey is a tactical genius?!? Await the 3-2-5 formation.

As you say, I think there is a lot of mileage in this manager yet.

M18CTID said:
Allendintiers said:
---------De Gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
--Mata Blind Herrera
-------Di Maria
-----RVP Falcao

I think if he dumps the 3 at the back and goes with something like the above, he has the bones of a decent side. But might take 3 months for them to gel properly.

Rooney?

Fuck him

Allendintiers said:
M18CTID said:
Allendintiers said:
---------De Gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
--Mata Blind Herrera
-------Di Maria
-----RVP Falcao

Rooney?

Fuck him
He's your captain so he's the 1st on your team sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.