United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
whp.blue said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Nani's wages around €6m (£4.8m) - that's what Man Utd will pay, in full, during his 1 year loan spell at Sporting Lisbon.

If that is true what is the logic in loaning someone out and not even making a small saving and it just weakens their already weak squad wtf?

Because they wouldn't have got Rocky Rojo if they didn't agree to it ?

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Has anyone seen the rag div with their badge tattoo'd on his forehead in the Sun? Sorry can't post the link for some reason but he's foreign and can't speak a word of English and has only been to the swamp ONCE in his life.

If anyone can post the image or link it'll be worth a laugh!

10626673_10152701083345786_6589721512539624857_n.jpg

whp.blue said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Nani's wages around €6m (£4.8m) - that's what Man Utd will pay, in full, during his 1 year loan spell at Sporting Lisbon.
If that is true what is the logic in loaning someone out and not even making a small saving and it just weakens their already weak squad wtf?
That was my point rather clumsily put, thanks for making it clear. They must be absolutey desperate.

calum down said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Has anyone seen the rag div with their badge tattoo'd on his forehead in the Sun? Sorry can't post the link for some reason but he's foreign and can't speak a word of English and has only been to the swamp ONCE in his life.

If anyone can post the image or link it'll be worth a laugh!

10626673_10152701083345786_6589721512539624857_n.jpg

What an absolute tool.

whp.blue said:
BlueTaylor91 said:

Seems very reminiscent of us in the recent past but when we were in the situation of desperately trying to offload unwanted players on loan, we at least managed to get the clubs to make some kind of contribution to their wages. Fuck me, we even got Brighton to pay some of Wayne Bridge's salary!

Another problem the Rags will have with Nani is that after this season he still has 3 years left on his contract and if Sporting do want to sign him I can't see them being prepared to match his current wages. I can see a scenario developing there which is similar to ours when we flogged Adebayor to Spurs.

Matty said:
IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
Rojo is a decent player, but that's about it. His best position is in the wing back slot in a 3-5-2 formation. Perfect you say? That's what Van Gaal is trying to play you say? Well, yes, a player who can play left wing back in a system like that is indeed valuable, the issue here is United have already splashed the best part of £30m on a left fullback, so they can't both play in that role. Assuming Shaw is the guy who will play in the left sided defensive position (either in a back 5 or a back 4) then Rojo must be being bought as a left sided centre half (again either as 1 of 2, or 1 of 3 centre halves). That's not his best position. As a centre half there are many, many better options out there than Rojo. He'll improve United's squad, but as a centre half I don't think he's much, if any, improvement on Evans, Smalling or Jones. Not the big name, big money centre half United are desperate for.
All this desperation to buy a 2nd choice left back. Rojo improves the squad but they definitely should prioritize other areas first.
True.

It's like the rumoured Di Maria signing. He's a fantastic player, and he'll definitely improve them, but if you were United, and you were looking to spend £50m (plus whatever extortionate wages, signing on fees, bonuses, agents payments are required) would you be looking at a wide attacking player as a priority? When you consider United's squad, it's the defence that needs to be strengthened, it's lacking in both quality and quantity. Jones, Smalling and Evans as centre halves, with Keane and Blackett at the next options is a weak group (even if you include Rojo in there too), Rafael as a right back, with square pegs in round holes (Valencia and Young) as the alternatives is also a very unimpressive set of options. As a whole United's defence falls short of all the other top sides. City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton have got better options available to them.

Even if you ignore the defensive frailties, United are still far more in need of a central midfielder, someone who can hold things together and protect the defence, than they are an attacking wide player. If they are looking to spend £50m then Vidal makes far more sense than Di Maria, he'd be able to add far more to the way they play, and I'd wager he'd improve their results to a greater degree. Di Maria smacks of a "marque signing" to placate the fans whilst not spending the £100m+ that is actually needed to really address their issues (akin to the Ozil signing last season for Arsenal).
This summer they have spent anywhere from 45-52 million quid on left backs.

Can't wait until next summer when they sign right backs!

However di Maria is an excellent signing, they definitely need a winger, their wing options are basically Valencia and young. I'd rather have 10 men and di Maria on 1 wing than 11 and those 2.

whp.blue said:
BlueTaylor91 said:

It's just knocking some money off of the fee.

M18CTID said:
whp.blue said:
BlueTaylor91 said:

Seems very reminiscent of us in the recent past but when we were in the situation of desperately trying to offload unwanted players on loan, we at least managed to get the clubs to make some kind of contribution to their wages. Fuck me, we even got Brighton to pay some of Wayne Bridge's salary!

Another problem the Rags will have with Nani is that after this season he still has 3 years left on his contract and if Sporting do want to sign him I can't see them being prepared to match his current wages. I can see a scenario developing there which is similar to ours when we flogged Adebayor to Spurs.

Good point didn't realize he had that long left on his contract How the mighty fall
it also shows that another season of failure will be a disaster and if you think they are panicking now just wait till the winter window when every one wakes up to the fact it may be the rags last chance

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2169268-manchester-united-transfer-news-thomas-muller-marco-reus-mega-offers-revealed?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2169 ... ramming-UK</a>

"Of course, I was aware that I could theoretically earn more with a transfer [to Manchester United]. The sums that were standing by foreign clubs in the room were already astronomical. I can only say: For me, a change was never really an issue anyway. FC Bayern is my club."

TRANSLATION: Even with a huge pay rise why would I join a mediocre football team?

Throwing money at a problem always works raggies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.