United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
New name for Van Gaal......TURTLE NECK

Forgive me if posted before but I have just seen another poster refer to Van Gaal as Turtle Neck which I think is brilliant.

Over time when discussing the rags I have always referred to previous managers at the swamp as Taggart/Bacon Face/Whisky Nose/Tw*t and then Gollum/Clueless Tw*t much to the amusement of fans from other clubs who also always liked camel gob as a reference to that nob that went to QPR.

Can anyone add anymore descriptive terms for the new manager on top of Turtle neck as it is always good to have a selection?

Allendintiers said:
IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
Rojo is a decent player, but that's about it. His best position is in the wing back slot in a 3-5-2 formation. Perfect you say? That's what Van Gaal is trying to play you say? Well, yes, a player who can play left wing back in a system like that is indeed valuable, the issue here is United have already splashed the best part of £30m on a left fullback, so they can't both play in that role. Assuming Shaw is the guy who will play in the left sided defensive position (either in a back 5 or a back 4) then Rojo must be being bought as a left sided centre half (again either as 1 of 2, or 1 of 3 centre halves). That's not his best position. As a centre half there are many, many better options out there than Rojo. He'll improve United's squad, but as a centre half I don't think he's much, if any, improvement on Evans, Smalling or Jones. Not the big name, big money centre half United are desperate for.
All this desperation to buy a 2nd choice left back. Rojo improves the squad but they definitely should prioritize other areas first.

Well if most of the papers are to be believed, we are going all out to 'smash' the British transfer record for Di Maria, when we don't really need another winger, no matter how good they are.

Meanwhile, Van Gaal only seems interested in signing Kevin Strootman who is injured and won't be available to even kick a ball until January. And Bayern Munich are probably going to snap up Benatia a central defender who we really should be going all out to sign but probably won't even bother coz we have everyone tied up on the Di Maria sideshow.

You're out of the closet now then rag?

Goal.com is saying Cleverley is going to sign a new 5 year contract.

It's only right Zidane gets a new deal after we've tied down Vinnie, Sergio, Spanish Dave, Samir and Aleks.

Bwahahahahaaaa!!!

Re: New name for Van Gaal......TURTLE NECK

njblue said:
Forgive me if posted before but I have just seen another poster refer to Van Gaal as Turtle Neck which I think is brilliant.

Over time when discussing the rags I have always referred to previous managers at the swamp as Taggart/Bacon Face/Whisky Nose/Tw*t and then Gollum/Clueless Tw*t much to the amusement of fans from other clubs who also always liked camel gob as a reference to that nob that went to QPR.

Can anyone add anymore descriptive terms for the new manager on top of Turtle neck as it is always good to have a selection?
Butt-head as in "Beavis and..."

dario2739 said:
Edited for accuracy...

2efqipg.jpg

Zdravkov Levidzhov, a €20-a-day construction worker in Bulgaria, spent considerable time and money to change his name and says that the ink job is the perfect form of ID.

The 50 year-old admits the idea to change his name ‘with a hangover’ the morning after the famous dramatic 1999 Champions League victory over Bayern Munich and went to see a lawyer.

The court eventually let him change his name to Manchester, but refused to allow United as his surname, saying it could be used as a trademark and his official name is now Manchester Zdravkov Levidzhov-United. Or Mr Manchester United for short.

Speaking to The Sun through a translator, the football-mad Bulgarian says it confirms his commitment to the Red Devils.

"The tattoo's my ID card," he said. "People don't look at me in a funny way, they look in admiration."

"Now, whenever someone asks my name, I point to my forehead and smile. It makes me stand out and proves my loyalty to United," he added.

Speaking to The Manchester Evening news earlier this year, he said it took three years of savings on his €20-a-day job as a construction worker in order to make his one and only visit to Old Trafford five years ago when United defeated Bolton 2-1.

He explained that only in today's more progressive society has such a change become possible.

“Back then (70s), in the Communism era, if I had told someone that I would like to rename myself after a football club from the ‘evil’ captialistic world they would have certainly put me in jail.”

Levidzhov-United changed his religion from the Catholic Church to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, which said it would accept him with the name Manchester United.

“Now at least the Lord knows the name I would like to die with,” he said.

With a cat called David Beckham, the football-obsessive said he if he ever had a children he would also name them after the famous English club.

smudgedj said:
Allendintiers said:
IH8MUFC said:
All this desperation to buy a 2nd choice left back. Rojo improves the squad but they definitely should prioritize other areas first.

Well if most of the papers are to be believed, we are going all out to 'smash' the British transfer record for Di Maria, when we don't really need another winger, no matter how good they are.

Meanwhile, Van Gaal only seems interested in signing Kevin Strootman who is injured and won't be available to even kick a ball until January. And Bayern Munich are probably going to snap up Benatia a central defender who we really should be going all out to sign but probably won't even bother coz we have everyone tied up on the Di Maria sideshow.

It would seem with that post he has 'revealed' himself.

Why not just come on here and announce your allegiance in the first place? It does my head in when the snidey cnuts try and hide it.

A decent contributor,regardless of their loyalty,will always be welcome in my book.

I didn't even know what rojo looked like until I've seen pics of him in todays papers... what is with every player who utd sign that they are always smug, snide looking t***s with a face that's just asking to be punched, aren't they capable of signing someone who's just normal looking??

FantasyIreland said:
smudgedj said:
Allendintiers said:

It would seem with that post he has 'revealed' himself.

Why not just come on here and announce your allegiance in the first place? It does my head in when the snidey cnuts try and hide it.

A decent contributor,regardless of their loyalty,will always be welcome in my book.

Answered your own question.

jacko74 said:
I didn't even know what rojo looked like until I've seen pics of him in todays papers... what is with every player who utd sign that they are always smug, snide looking t***s with a face that's just asking to be punched, aren't they capable of signing someone who's just normal looking??
Are you suggesting Phil Jones doesn't look normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.