United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
nixmith2 said:
Talking of banners, has anyone considered a big banner at the Etihad counting up the years the rags have gone/will go, with a trophy?

You've been called out before as a raggy smell and I can see why.....

I find it interesting that everyone seems now to be claiming that Utd have the greatest strikeforce ever, while we're worried about leaving ourselves short upfront by offloading Negredo. As far as I see it, we've each got three strikers, two of whom are injury prone - the difference being that our two injury-prone strikers are young enough to come through their problems.

Rooney (28) or Jovetic (24)? Jovetic for me. Aguero (26) or van Persie (31)? Sergio everytime. Falcao (28) of two years ago might have been better than Dzeko (28); now, I'd certainly go with Edin.

For me, the Falcao move is nothing more than a vanity signing, a desperate attempt to show people that they can still go in for 'top' players (albeit ones who have apparently failed medicals elsewhere). It may work out brilliantly; on the other hand, it could come back to bite them on the arse.

At any rate, you can't help thinking that the van Gaal might have been better served deploying his much-vaunted tactical nouse to get Mata, Rooney and van Persie playing as if they have ever seen each other before, and using the money to sign a couple of proper defenders and midfielders.

sh249 said:
I find it interesting that everyone seems now to be claiming that Utd have the greatest strikeforce ever, while we're worried about leaving ourselves short upfront by offloading Negredo. As far as I see it, we've each got three strikers, two of whom are injury prone - the difference being that our two injury-prone strikers are young enough to come through their problems.

Rooney (28) or Jovetic (24)? Jovetic for me. Aguero (26) or van Persie (31)? Sergio everytime. Falcao (28) of two years ago might have been better than Dzeko (28); now, I'd certainly go with Edin.

For me, the Falcao move is nothing more than a vanity signing, a desperate attempt to show people that they can still go in for 'top' players (albeit ones who have apparently failed medicals elsewhere). It may work out brilliantly; on the other hand, it could come back to bite them on the arse.

At any rate, you can't help thinking that the van Gaal might have been better served deploying his much-vaunted tactical nouse to get Mata, Rooney and van Persie playing as if they have ever seen each other before, and using the money to sign a couple of proper defenders and midfielders.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And Stretford smalltime are definitely desperate!

IH8MUFC said:
super_city_si said:
Ah well, an excellent signing for them on a footballing level. This guy will score goals.
Ill wait and see if he fits in. They have an excellent team on paper Mata, Shrek, RVP, Flacao, Di Maria but will they or can they work together as a team. Because Mata, Rooney and RVP look like fish out of water together.

I don't think it will work in a 3-5-2 formation, but think it would work really well in a 4-4-2 diamond. Falcao and Van Persie up front, Rooney or Mata in the hole, and Carrick/Blind, Di Maria, and Herrera in midfield.

They had to buy a big name for up front (appeasing the hordes). They are desperately worried about RVP who will undergo knee surgery and is looking at a long time out, 100% recovery is not definite, with his age and plenty of miles on the clock a big factor.
So they replace one crock with a recovering ACL victim knocking on towards 30. Short termism, somewhat of a punt and not addressing areas of the pitch they need sorting.

plongo said:
They had to buy a big name for up front (appeasing the hordes). They are desperately worried about RVP who will undergo knee surgery and is looking at a long time out, 100% recovery is not definite, with his age and plenty of miles on the clock a big factor.
So they replace one crock with a recovering ACL victim knocking on towards 30. Short termism, somewhat of a punt and not addressing areas of the pitch they need sorting.

you must have that wrong.
its not the united way.
you know the united way, its what the press bleat on and on about.

twats the lot of them

pirate said:
plongo said:

you must have that wrong.
its not the united way.
you know the united way, its what the press bleat on and on about.

twats the lot of them
"The united way is dead, long live the united way".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.