United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: unitid and ffp

goatersnipple said:
If teams can spend what they generate.
isnt it about time someone looked into these twats.
how many times do they report they was 76000 at a league cup game when in police report it was more like 40 000

We do the same but on a smaller scale.Seats for Cup Matches are paid for automatically and as soon as funds have cleared,tickets are distributed.They may well sell 76,000 but only have a "turn out" of some 40/50,000.
I`ve seen it with my own eyes at regular home PL games at The Etihad, when we`ve had a thousand or so empty seats but we aslo "claim" its a sell out.
All figures are based on "seats sold,not match day attendances".

oakiecokie said:
goatersnipple said:
how many times do they report they was 76000 at a league cup game when in police report it was more like 40 000

I think Arsenal first started this trend of reporting tickets sold (a count that assumes each season ticket holder attends every home game and that every matchday ticket that gets purchased is used) rather than the actual no. who turn up through the gate.

As long as clubs have sold a ticket as far as they are concerned that is someone attending a game. Although you would think everyone who could not attend for whatever reason, would where possible give their ticket to someone else to use anyway. Thus if a club sells x no. of tickets you would think only several hundred would of x not be used for any one game.

City1974 said:
oakiecokie said:
goatersnipple said:

I think Arsenal first started this trend of reporting tickets sold (a count that assumes each season ticket holder attends every home game and that every matchday ticket that gets purchased is used) rather than the actual no. who turn up through the gate.

As long as clubs have sold a ticket as far as they are concerned that is someone attending a game. Although you would think everyone who could not attend for whatever reason, would where possible give their ticket to someone else to use anyway. Thus if a club sells x no. of tickets you would think only several hundred would of x not be used for any one game.

For us its more noticeable at night games,whereby both school the next day and adults working,does have an adverse affect on attendances, plus also public transport for those people living a fair few miles from the ground,they may suffer.
Sorry but I fail to see what the OP is rabbiting on about ref the Rags and FFP and this subject.

Stoned Rose said:
Imagine, just imagine, if these c**ts end the day above us in the table.

I do wish people would keep things in perspective.

Lost points today would not be desirable but remember we had a faltering start to last season - today is the FIFTH game of the season. The title is neither won nor lost this month....... remember that we spent the least number of days at the top last season - its just important to be there at the end of the final day which I am confident we will be.

bluethrunthru said:
Stoned Rose said:

Lost points today would not be desirable but remember we had a faltering start to last season - today is the FIFTH game of the season. The title is neither won nor lost this month....... remember that we spent the least number of days at the top last season - its just important to be there at the end of the final day which I am confident we will be.

That's not quite true.

The rags only spent two days at the top of the table.

From the first Saturday until we beat Newcastle on the Monday evening.

Vienna_70 said:
bluethrunthru said:
Stoned Rose said:

That's not quite true.

The rags only spent two days at the top of the table.

From the first Saturday until we beat Newcastle on the Monday evening.

which culminated in their triumphant charge to 7th place. It was downhill from there for Wee Davey eh?

Reporting official attendance based on tickets sold rather than the actual number in the ground is an FA requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.