United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading sky sports and some of the comments, this beauty appeared:
3b12bbad00f033d1e8c91155d83904ca.jpg

Chris in London said:
Out of interest, is there anybody who is not more confident of victory when we play them in November than at any other time in the last 40 years?

Of course, this is the premier league, and on any given day any one team can beat another, we all know that, especially in a Derby match. But does anybody not expect us to win when we play them?

I would expect us to beat them 8 times out of 10. But with their attacking strength there's always the chance that they'll have on of those days when the attack clicks and everything goes for them. Like the first half of the FA cup tie. We just need to make sure we dont concede an early goal.

cibaman said:
Chris in London said:
Out of interest, is there anybody who is not more confident of victory when we play them in November than at any other time in the last 40 years?

Of course, this is the premier league, and on any given day any one team can beat another, we all know that, especially in a Derby match. But does anybody not expect us to win when we play them?

I would expect us to beat them 8 times out of 10. But with their attacking strength there's always the chance that they'll have on of those days when the attack clicks and everything goes for them. Like the first half of the FA cup tie. We just need to make sure we dont concede an early goal.

I'm more worried about conceding an early red card.

Great player, but fuck me Di Maria goes down easy, you can bet they will be screaming like little girls and leaping around like a bunch of ballet dancers.

the talisman said:
cibaman said:
Chris in London said:

Great player, but fuck me Di Maria goes down easy, you can bet they will be screaming like little girls and leaping around like a bunch of ballet dancers.
With wig boy screaming in the referees ear every fuckin five seconds without rebuke.

I think as long as our midfield is composed we'll get a result. A good result. Happy 5-1 day everyone btw

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
the talisman said:
cibaman said:

With wig boy screaming in the referees ear every fuckin five seconds without rebuke.

I think as long as our midfield is composed we'll get a result. A good result. Happy 5-1 day everyone btw

What a day, half my lifetime ago but I remember it like yesterday. Which is saying something, I can't remember much else of the 80's, although I'm told I enjoyed myself immensely.

Chris in London said:

I think there are 2 kinds of team that have the best chance to beat city. Either pressing hard like b munich or being a brick wall ala stoke/sunderland, and both should give 100% performance to beat us, since we usually beat those brickwall when they're starting to tire and make mistake.

Utd can do neither of those, and I hope all this dressing room restlessness continues so we can kick them to the rock bottom in derby :)

And don't they have chelsea before us? If cfc can destroy their spirit beforehand imagine the score we can have :)

stony said:
Markt85 said:
stony said:
But the rags England players are shit, surely you can't deny this ?

Some have been proven not good enough at international level some like Neville, Scholes, Beckham, Ferdinand, Rooney, Welbeck etc have proven to be very good at international level.

Back to the original point - where is Hodgson's quote to say he is considering a call up for Blackett ? Or are you choosing to believe this article to suit your agenda against Hodgson and United ?

You mean Beckham who got at least 40 of his caps on the back of his ability to sell England shirts. Scholes who did fuck all for England, Rooney who has done fuck all and continues to be a liability. Neville was adequate and Welbeck is the new Heskey.
I'll give you Ferdinand but then you have to take Jones, Cleverly, Zaha and the inexplicable clamour for jizzjazz to play for England.

Aside from that, Henry Winter is very respected and serious journalist. Its not like its one of the Custis c**ts who has written this.

I hate the rags, I make no bones about that, but Hodgson is a fucking buffoon.
No wonder they rebuilt Wembley in London. They know they can fill it with ST George flag waving imbeciles who lap up any old shit that the England team serve up.
Great post. Stony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.