United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
keith's curle said:
chris85mcfc said:
If they don't manage to get in the CL id be very surprised if Di Maria hangs around for too long

Also, if they don't make CL do they still have to buy Falcao?

I would imagine that Di Maria will have a CL clause, but maybe its if they miss out for two years running or something. Would they get their money back though?

Surely they don't have to buy Falcao if they don't make CL. Although, they've made such a hash of things so far that it wouldn't surprise me. He might have a get out clause for if they don't get CL.

Falco won't give a shit he's not played in it for the last 5 years also don't think di maria will have a clause in his contract and the rags won't sign falco at the end of season whatever happens would love to take di maria off them but it won't happen I see us making 2 top signings and a couple of young squad players barkley/reus and maybe Clyne

keith's curle said:
chris85mcfc said:
If they don't manage to get in the CL id be very surprised if Di Maria hangs around for too long

Also, if they don't make CL do they still have to buy Falcao?

I would imagine that Di Maria will have a CL clause, but maybe its if they miss out for two years running or something. Would they get their money back though?

Surely they don't have to buy Falcao if they don't make CL. Although, they've made such a hash of things so far that it wouldn't surprise me. He might have a get out clause for if they don't get CL.

Don't know how true this is......another £35 million apparently.

According to Italian football journalist, Tancredi Palmeri, if Falcao starts 15 games and scores five goals then United are obliged to sign the striker permanently.

It was previously thought that the Red Devils had just an option to make the Colombian's move permanent.

The Monaco forward joined Louis van Gaal's much-changed United squad on a loan deal on transfer deadline day despite interest from Arsenal and Manchester City.

He made his first start for the club at Leicester on Sunday after making a cameo appearance off the bench during the 4-0 win against QPR.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
johnnytapia said:
"it's not so much about what they've lost, it's not perhaps even so much about how they have lost it, above all it's about WHO they have lost it to."
Fucking love it!

I wonder in their moments of angst that you mention,I just wonder if they think about what is happening at our club with Sheikh Mansour.
They would never admit it but I can honestly say the rags I know do because all they can fucking go on about is FFP this and oil money that.
It really really must hurt them - They have in essence become what they never wanted to become. A desperate club outspending even the likes of us and Chelsea just to cling onto us. Oh the fucking irony of it all isn't lost on me.
Personally,I hope they implode into mid table obscurity for a few yrs,just like dipperpool did. Rags haven't even played anyone half decent yet (No disrespect to Leicester or Swansea by that comment) so lets hope we tear them a fucking new one for starters on the 2nd Of November.
All I hear is that it will take time to rebuild etc.Fuck me,Imagine if we could have spunked another 150 Million this year.
Couldn't agree more, mate.

The squad they have is the most expensive in British football history and should be judged as such. I've heard journalists talk about united's pressing need to sort out their defence as if they haven't just had a transfer window and £200 million to do just that. Their priorities this summer have been so poor as to be utterly negligent and arguably reckless as to the club's future as a force - and yet this spending spree has been subject to next to no meaningful scrutiny from the press to date.

There have been the odd comments about cosmetic surgery being undertaken when a heart transplant was required, but as usual they get off lightly when it comes to our subservient, lickspittle press. When we were spending money our Fourth Estate used to love pontificating about the money we spent and the automatic success it should have bought, seeking, as they were, to apply intolerable pressure onto the 'project'. Well, we now have a scenario where united have spent discernibly more than we ever did over a 24 month period, on a squad that won the league prior to that. By that token anything other than a title win has to be seen as a disappointment; anything less than top 3 a disaster; and failure to qualify for the CL would constitute the most manifest waste of money in footballing history, including BIg Mal's folly under Swales.

The press, if they anything about them in terms of consistency, should be applying considerable pressure already. They haven't and they won't for some time. Only when it feels safe to do so.

Their disdain for City was borne out of cowardice, as is their lack of public scrutiny for united. They really are an appalling and spineless bunch of cockroaches.

Fucking love it!

I wonder in their moments of angst that you mention,I just wonder if they think about what is happening at our club with Sheikh Mansour.
They would never admit it but I can honestly say the rags I know do because all they can fucking go on about is FFP this and oil money that.
It really really must hurt them - They have in essence become what they never wanted to become. A desperate club outspending even the likes of us and Chelsea just to cling onto us. Oh the fucking irony of it all isn't lost on me.
Personally,I hope they implode into mid table obscurity for a few yrs,just like dipperpool did. Rags haven't even played anyone half decent yet (No disrespect to Leicester or Swansea by that comment) so lets hope we tear them a fucking new one for starters on the 2nd Of November.
All I hear is that it will take time to rebuild etc.Fuck me,Imagine if we could have spunked another 150 Million this year.

The squad they have is the most expensive in British football history and should be judged as such. I've heard journalists talk about united's pressing need to sort out their defence as if they haven't just had a transfer window and £200 million to do just that. Their priorities this summer have been so poor as to be utterly negligent and arguably reckless as to the club's future as a force - and yet this spending spree has been subject to next to no meaningful scrutiny from the press to date.

There have been the odd comments about cosmetic surgery being undertaken when a heart transplant was required, but as usual they get off lightly when it comes to our subservient, lickspittle press. When we were spending money our Fourth Estate used to love pontificating about the money we spent and the automatic success it should have bought, seeking, as they were, to apply intolerable pressure onto the 'project'. Well, we now have a scenario where united have spent discernibly more than we ever did over a 24 month period, on a squad that won the league prior to that. By that token anything other than a title win has to be seen as a disappointment; anything less than top 3 a disaster; and failure to qualify for the CL would constitute the most manifest waste of money in footballing history, including BIg Mal's folly under Swales.

The press, if they anything about them in terms of consistency, should be applying considerable pressure already. They haven't and they won't for some time. Only when it feels safe to do so.

Their disdain for City was borne out of cowardice, as is their lack of public scrutiny for united. They really are an appalling and spineless bunch of cockroaches.

Cant argue with any of that...impressed yet again

Fucking love it!

As I was reading your post I was nodding and agreeing with it all, I was just waiting for you to say the bit in bold as I was thinking it myself.

I think if come March they are still struggling and the chances of them getting in the CL are sliding away, they will start circling like vultures.

From what ive seen from the first few weeks, Us Chelsea and Arsenal are going to make the CL. Leaves Liverpool, United, Everton and Spurs for 4th spot.

Personally I think once Liverpool get going they will just about snatch 4th, vital they keep Sturridge fit.

There used to be a tv satire of the British media called, Hot Metal, many years ago.
In one scene, a Murdoch/ Maxwell type mogul drunkenly boasted "Nobody ever went poor by re-enforcing the public's prejudice!"
It often crosses my mind, when reading this and one or two other threads around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.