United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Quite simply, Giggs doesn't have sufficient force of personality or intelligence to be a decent, never mind top manager in the modern game.

The thought of him pitting his wits against the management giants of European football should arouse little but pity.

If he disputes what I believe, he should step outside his cocoon at old trafford and go and prove his mettle away from the umbilical cord that has sustained him for the last quarter of a century.

Only the cowardly or the chronically insecure won't back themselves outside their comfort zone, especially if the ultimate prize is vindication.

Go on Ryan, prove me wrong. I dare you..........

This also applies to the GPC , he is lauded as the greatest manager ever , but never had the bottle to leave the club with the most money and who had the pick of any player in the world for 20 odd years. Great managers like Ancellotti , Mourinho , Guardiola etc have proved themselves not only at different clubs , but different countries , GPC was just an average manager who got lucky when mark robins kept them in the FA Cup , he was 10 minutes from being sacked.
To suggest that Ferguson didn't have sufficient force of personality or intelligence to be a top manager is stretching credibility somewhat.

I think his record at Aberdeen completely undermines the point you are trying to make.

I know for an absolute fact that the Robins/sacking myth is completely untrue.

well lets hear the great insight you have regarding robins goal at forest saving the GPC's job

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
Pre or post Man U?
Wow, not like you to believe something in the paper.
Lol, I'm going off those on here talking about it. I couldn't care less where he ends up, he's a manager who has had everything laid on a plate to him at both clubs he's managed. Let him manage this current city squad and he would do well. Let him manage this current Man U squad and he wouldn't. That's what I believe. Fuck pep.

This is my opinion as well.

I just don't see why people rave about him. If ever anyone had everything handed to him on a plate !

Setting up with no recognised striker in the first 11? Having a full back as the most advanced player on the pitch? Playing 61 passes before entering the final third? Fuck off Pep. You big puff.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
This also applies to the GPC , he is lauded as the greatest manager ever , but never had the bottle to leave the club with the most money and who had the pick of any player in the world for 20 odd years. Great managers like Ancellotti , Mourinho , Guardiola etc have proved themselves not only at different clubs , but different countries , GPC was just an average manager who got lucky when mark robins kept them in the FA Cup , he was 10 minutes from being sacked.
To suggest that Ferguson didn't have sufficient force of personality or intelligence to be a top manager is stretching credibility somewhat.

I think his record at Aberdeen completely undermines the point you are trying to make.

well lets hear the great insight you have regarding robins goal at forest saving the GPC's job
Maybe, if you'd asked more nicely I might have been better disposed to reveal a bit of leg.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Seriously, go and have a look at GPC'c record at Aberdeen before he took over at the Swamp. Just read about his achievements in breaking up the Rangers/Celtic stranglehold. Oh, and Scottish football wasn't a joke back then either.

malg said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Seriously, go and have a look at GPC'c record at Aberdeen before he took over at the Swamp. Just read about his achievements in breaking up the Rangers/Celtic stranglehold. Oh, and Scottish football wasn't a joke back then either.

this.

say what you like about the old **** but he was an awesome manager.

Went to a charity doo last night and was sat on a table next to a big fat prick. I could tell he was a knob the minute he walked in, asked him who he supported. Instantly told me he was a rag and how he hated city. They are a club without a soul he said, a plastic shitty club. Didn't speak to him all night after that. I absolutely hate them!!

Oh and the deluded twat thought they could win the league if they beat us and chelsea. I hope they loose the next 5.

worsleyweb said:
Went to a charity doo last night and was sat on a table next to a big fat prick. I could tell he was a knob the minute he walked in, asked him who he supported. Instantly told me he was a rag and how he hated city. They are a club without a soul he said, a plastic shitty club. Didn't speak to him all night after that. I absolutely hate them!!

Oh and the deluded twat thought they could win the league if they beat us and chelsea. I hope they loose the next 5.

you didn't speak to him? i would have ripped him all night. first question gets them everytime.

"have you ever considered going to a game?"

de niro said:
worsleyweb said:

you didn't speak to him? i would have ripped him all night. first question gets them everytime.

"have you ever considered going to a game?"

No point bill. He was that arrogant and I was knackered after a week at work. It was without doubt that he never goes to a game.

Paper talk today is Dani Alves will move to the swamp next summer.

So how's that sanctimonious we only buy British youth policy coming along eh TT?

Edit. Alves who is 31 and past his best, I must stress. Desperate much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.