United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bacon was the madrid or Barcelona manager he would of been sacked because 2 champs leagues in 20+ years is fucking shite

George Hannah said:
Sarah-Jane Mee on Sky Game of the Day discussing Premier League record scores with Alan Smith after the Southampton match

"Manchester United of course still on top after their famous 9-0 victory over Ipswich"

of course
Tottenham 9 wigan 1 from 09??
last time I counted 9+0=9 and 9+1=10...

de niro said:
waspish said:
If Bacon was the madrid or Barcelona manager he would of been sacked because 2 champs leagues in 20+ years is fucking shite

and both flukes at that.

I am glad someone has finally pointed this out. It drives me up the wall how conveniently overlooked this fact is. Good call de niro.

Pam said:
de niro said:
waspish said:

and both flukes at that.

I am glad someone has finally pointed this out. It drives me up the wall how conveniently overlooked this fact is. Good call de niro.

Given the money they spent too. Yorke & Cole cost them a f*cking fortune for the day.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Pam said:
de niro said:
and both flukes at that.

Given the money they spent too. Yorke & Cole cost them a f*cking fortune for the day.
Indeed they fucking did. It wound me up then and, tbh, it winds me up now. Juan Vernon too, wasn't exactly a bargain buy was he? Louis Saha cost United £12M off the back of a couple of goals against them and the pair of them never exactly racked up loads of appearances. £40M for a pair of benchwarmers... Kind of raised the bar re transfer prices. The cunts.

Blue Hefner said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Hefner said:
I'd say being in one job for 26yrs, when the going is good, is beng in a comfort zone.

I'd say any number of top managers could have stayed there that long and achived what he did.

He managed the richest club in England and dominated, although consistant, its hardly surprising given his moivational(despot) skills

I think its fair to say he should have gone abroad and done it rather than stay put.

He's a glorified Walter Smith in some respects
If duplicating what he did is so easy, how come no one has ever emulated it any any other leading European club?

Perhaps not many are interested in duplcating it for many reasons also clubs have different owners, chairman, boards etc that have different ideas.

Also, I never said it was easy

Just out of interest, he was there for 26yrs and won, what 12 leagues? How many did Juve, Barca, Real win in that same time whilst changing managers?

He acheved a lot at Utd, no denying that, but I feel he should have gone abroad.
Interesting point you make about other top clubs changing managers every couple of seasons allowing fergie say five years grace to mold utd wonder how his 20 years compare to say real.barca byan etc ?

manimanc said:
George Hannah said:
Sarah-Jane Mee on Sky Game of the Day discussing Premier League record scores with Alan Smith after the Southampton match

"Manchester United of course still on top after their famous 9-0 victory over Ipswich"

of course
Tottenham 9 wigan 1 from 09??
last time I counted 9+0=9 and 9+1=10...

9-0=9.
9-1=8.

Rags still have biggest winning margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.