United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Blue2112 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Even the £47 million they spent in the summer could have been spent more wisely

Or perhaps if they hadn't wasted £35 million on a bang average midfielder in Herrera they could have used that to better effect

Di Maria is the only player showing any signs of living up to his value, he really is quality

No chance he will still be there next season the way their going

If they miss out on the Champions League again then we should put a bid in for him. I don't really wanna give them any money but it would be funny as fuck to take him off them. watching him last night though I was surprised at how little - if ever - he tracked back and helped Shaw or even put a tackle in on the WBA right back whenever he had the ball. He just seems to want the ball played to him and either have a run at the opposition or put a cross in and little all else interest in doing anything other for the team.

This is why a Zabaleta/Navas combination must play in the Derby.

I can quite easily see us scoring four or more against them.

They'll be well up for it with their new gaalacticos.

I suppose the good news for sympathetic supporters like us is that, when it comes to them, you lot are also well up for it. The players seem to really want to rain and thunder on them every time you play....i noticed that at the 4-1 last season which was even more of a thrashing than the 1-6.

we want them to be up for it. that way when we tear out the hearts in front of them it will be alll the more worth it :DD:D:D

Is it just me who finds it cringey when Van Gaal uses terms like "Philosophy", "the system", "the project", "my way" when referring to his own management.

Just had a quick nosey over the road and this did make me chuckle, its a thread called The 'Manchester is Blue' thread

J-Stander
MancunianAngels said: ↑
Can we please get over this bizarre obsession with Man City and their empty seats.

There's empty seats in every game in England apart from the big ones. We get away with it due to amount of ST holders and cup scheme so guaranteed revenue for every home match. City fans can opt out of CL games so you are always going to see a drop in attendances.

...Isn't really an obsession. You'll probably find that there's city fans on bloomoon in their hundreds commenting on our OOT support, and as you'd expect, there's United fans on here taking the piss out of their piss poor home support last night. It generally happens in football that.

There's currently a city fan on talksport saying that they'll earn more money than us in 3 years ffs. How can you not laugh at that? I think city fans were put on this Earth just to give us a laugh.

That was posted 2 weeks ago, is this lad going to get a bit of a shock in the next year or so when our revenues eclipse theirs?

foxy said:
Is it just me who finds it cringey when Van Gaal uses terms like "Philosophy", "the system", "the project", "my way" when referring to his own management.
No, it certainly is not just you.

There is something distinctly arrogant about him that I find very distasteful, I'm so glad he's not our gaffer.

chris85mcfc said:
Just had a quick nosey over the road and this did make me chuckle, its a thread called The 'Manchester is Blue' thread

J-Stander
MancunianAngels said: ↑
Can we please get over this bizarre obsession with Man City and their empty seats.

There's empty seats in every game in England apart from the big ones. We get away with it due to amount of ST holders and cup scheme so guaranteed revenue for every home match. City fans can opt out of CL games so you are always going to see a drop in attendances.

...Isn't really an obsession. You'll probably find that there's city fans on bloomoon in their hundreds commenting on our OOT support, and as you'd expect, there's United fans on here taking the piss out of their piss poor home support last night. It generally happens in football that.

There's currently a city fan on talksport saying that they'll earn more money than us in 3 years ffs. How can you not laugh at that? I think city fans were put on this Earth just to give us a laugh.

That was posted 2 weeks ago, is this lad going to get a bit of a shock in the next year or so when our revenues eclipse theirs?
I don't think he'll be laughing for long. They are in for an almighty shock in the next couple of years, they really are. It makes it all the more delicious.

Fame Monster said:
They've spent however many hundreds of millions raiding the subs benches of all the top teams (because no one else would come to them) and are still fucking dreadful.

1-0 down after 45 minutes and the manager tells them to 'lump it up to Fellaini'. That's the Manchester United way.

Louis Van Gallardyce.

Lump it up to the big man... weren't they Moyes tactics?

Listening to Talkshite yesterday, and the press in general tbh all I have been hearing is what a great coach and master tactician he is... Durham on TS was spouting off yesterday about how it was all coming together for turtlehead... but last night they were as shite as ever, despite the money spent!
Well I had heard of Van Gaal of course before he joined them, but wasn't well up on his CV, so had a little look. Wow, the guy is really overhyped in my opinion – yeah he's had success as a coach, but let's face it, it was with teams that he would have been catastrophically bad with to fail!
Ajax – arguably Holland's biggest team, with one of Europe's top youth setups. Barca and Bayern go without saying, only AZ stand out as being an exception.
So basically he's done well with top teams, with great youth set ups and pots of money!
When we spent a few quid the press were all over us like a tramp on a kebab – saying that if we didn't win anything it was a failure and that anybody could manage our team, like we'd put together the Harlem Globetrotter equivalent of football!
Now he's spunked a fortune at the rags for little return so far - yet the press are still waxing lyrical about him.

Another bit of drivel

Oct 2, 2014
#224 Saxo
Banned
To really get a proper fanbase, you have to be big while they're kids and then remain at least somewhat relevant throughout their lives. If City can continue to win and especially make their mark on Europe, and hold onto that success with some consistency for 10+ years, they'll have a respectable fanbase. You don't get that without having a generation of people who grew up with you as an attractive club, though, so it'll take a while. If the arabs get tired of pissing fortunes into the club before then (and if FFP becomes too much of a nuisance) then I could see them drifting back into relative obscurity instead. Unlike Chelsea, City have not yet manifested themselves as a sustainable entity.

chris85mcfc said:
Another bit of drivel

Oct 2, 2014
#224 Saxo
Banned
To really get a proper fanbase, you have to be big while they're kids and then remain at least somewhat relevant throughout their lives. If City can continue to win and especially make their mark on Europe, and hold onto that success with some consistency for 10+ years, they'll have a respectable fanbase. You don't get that without having a generation of people who grew up with you as an attractive club, though, so it'll take a while. If the arabs get tired of pissing fortunes into the club before then (and if FFP becomes too much of a nuisance) then I could see them drifting back into relative obscurity instead. Unlike Chelsea, City have not yet manifested themselves as a sustainable entity.

If only we could be as sustainable as Chelsea. One day maybe.

keith's curle said:
chris85mcfc said:
Another bit of drivel

Oct 2, 2014
#224 Saxo
Banned

If only we could be as sustainable as Chelsea. One day maybe.

That's what I thought.

If both owners walked away (which is usually the phrase other clubs fans use) we would be in a much better position than Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.