United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny how people are praising Van Ugly and the rags this season. I know talkshite talk shite but they were saying how he had completely turned things around there.... odd. We all know that the table hasn't really sorted itself yet, I am sure Saints and Hammers fans aren't expecting to stay where they are after 20 games or so, but the rags are being praised for a good start. Now of course we all know the media love them. And as City fans we all follow their results to point and laugh as much as we can and we have done a fair bit of that this season.

I did a little bit of research to see just how good this start was. And I compared with our friend Davey to see the difference. If you all remember last season, they had a tough start with lots of the top teams in their first 6. This season was the complete opposite of course (normal service resumed).

Here are this seasons results;
Swansea (H) 1-2 loss, Sund (A) 1-1, Burnley (A) 0-0, QPR (H) 4-0 win, Leic (A) 5-3 loss, WHU (H) 2-1 win, Everton (H) 2-1 win, WBA (A) 2-2. 12pts out of 24.

Now here is how they got on last season in the same game (I have substituted QPR, Lei, Burn for Palace, Hull, Cardiff who finished 3rd, 2nd and 1st in Championship the season before as a fair marker.

Swansea (H) 2-0 win, Sund (A) 2-1 win, Cardiff (A) 2-2, Palace (H) 2-0 win, Hull (A) 3-2 win, WHU (H) 3-1 win, Everton (H) 1-0 loss, WBA (A) 3-0 win. 19pts out of 24.

Rags next 8 games?
Chelsea (H)
City (A)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (H)
Saints (A)
Liverpool (H)

How many can they get out of that?! False dawn!!!

supercity88 said:
I find it funny how people are praising Van Ugly and the rags this season. I know talkshite talk shite but they were saying how he had completely turned things around there.... odd. We all know that the table hasn't really sorted itself yet, I am sure Saints and Hammers fans aren't expecting to stay where they are after 20 games or so, but the rags are being praised for a good start. Now of course we all know the media love them. And as City fans we all follow their results to point and laugh as much as we can and we have done a fair bit of that this season.

I did a little bit of research to see just how good this start was. And I compared with our friend Davey to see the difference. If you all remember last season, they had a tough start with lots of the top teams in their first 6. This season was the complete opposite of course (normal service resumed).

Here are this seasons results;
Swansea (H) 1-2 loss, Sund (A) 1-1, Burnley (A) 0-0, QPR (H) 4-0 win, Leic (A) 5-3 loss, WHU (H) 2-1 win, Everton (H) 2-1 win, WBA (A) 2-2. 12pts out of 24.

Now here is how they got on last season in the same game (I have substituted QPR, Lei, Burn for Palace, Hull, Cardiff who finished 3rd, 2nd and 1st in Championship the season before as a fair marker.

Swansea (H) 2-0 win, Sund (A) 2-1 win, Cardiff (A) 2-2, Palace (H) 2-0 win, Hull (A) 3-2 win, WHU (H) 3-1 win, Everton (H) 1-0 loss, WBA (A) 3-0 win. 19pts out of 24.

Rags next 8 games?
Chelsea (H)
City (A)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (H)
Saints (A)
Liverpool (H)

How many can they get out of that?! False dawn!!!

I looked at this myself the other day,up to and including January the first IMO,they'll roughly get another 13 points...I had them to win at home against palace,hull,newcastle and possibly stoke and a draw away at villa....they'll lose the rest

When was the last time they actually won a difficult fixture? Okay, Everton are a decent outfit, but they'd come off the back of a 4,000 mile trip to Russia and had insufficient recovery time. They haven't won away from home since April, and won't get top 4 without winning a few tricky games. I foresee Europa League football for Utd next season.

Bluewonder said:
When was the last time they actually won a difficult fixture? Okay, Everton are a decent outfit, but they'd come off the back of a 4,000 mile trip to Russia and had insufficient recovery time. They haven't won away from home since April, and won't get top 4 without winning a few tricky games. I foresee Europa League football for Utd next season.

Everton is one of those that they are hard to get a result at Goodison but you should really be beating them at home 7 times out of ten, this weekend will reveal all about what stage United are at and i have a feeling they are going to get spit roasted on there own turf, i fully expect United to be in the bottom eight after there next 3 games, they currently have 12 points and 6 of those points were gifted, all of those games were to teams they should have been winning 3 or 4 nil, without the blue tints on i would honestly say united are a mid to lower table team who are in a slightly false position at the moment, should or rather when they get beat on Sunday there record under van gash will be worse than that of we davy's

Bluewonder said:

Baines missed a penalty and De Gea made two World class saves in the final minutes.

Even a Red I know who goes says they got away with it.

Bluewonder said:
I quite like the fact that Europa league football would be an improvement for them.

abu13 said:
Bluewonder said:
I quite like the fact that Europa league football would be an improvement for them.
I think you are being overly optimistic thinking they will get Europa League, seriously, top half will be their target this season.

well, we can hope. It is conceivable that they may get 30 points from their 1st 19 games (they have to play us, spuds, chelsea, pool, arses,southampton in their next 11 games). those are games in which they can conceivably (but unlikely) drop all points. that leaves them precarious, arse i expect to make top 4 simply b/c this is their cycle: they either start horribly and rally up later to just make top 4 or they start brightly making us think its the second coming of the invincible and then stutter. pool though have question marks, hopefully they will drop out of cl and can concentrate on top 4 then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.