United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Hungarian blue said:
Looks like the Di Maria thing is on and they are likely to get him. That's bad news)
Can he play centre back then ? They seriously need replacements there first, not up front.
Correct. As long as the Jones/Smalling axis is in place at the centre of their defence, the opposition will always have a chance.

If your a rag your probably thinking

a) paying too much with no resale value.

b) targeting the wrong positions

c) if genuinely splashing the cash, it means a certain explayer that's Portuguese, does not want anything to do with you until he's well in his 30's by which time his ego will take him to MLS

The rags biggest problem is that since the Glazers took over the whole club is geared towards making money. It was before, but not to this extent. Its almost as though the football side of things is treated as a necessary nuisance and secondary to the important stuff like getting new sponsor and selling more shirts.
Under bacon face it wasn't so much a problem. He kept things running and was virtually a demi-god. Now he's gone and its suddenly a massive problem. They have a club run by suits who have no fucking idea of how the football side of things actually works.
Until they get a chairman and DoF that actually understands and likes football. They will always be flapping in the wind and panic buying players they don't need.

I'm fucking loving it.

manimanc said:
I'm confused, is Di maria the 4th number 10 they have or their 5th winger they have on their books??
Grannyshagger
Mata
Kagawa
Zinedine
Di Maria

Valencia
MJ
Tom Daley
Jizzineye
Lingard
Di Maria

manimanc said:
I'm confused, is Di maria the 4th number 10 they have or their 5th winger they have on their books??
He's not on the same scale as Valencia, Januzaj, Young etc. I can only think of two better wide me in the game: Bale and Robben (unless you describe Neymar as a wide man).

They need a defender too, but this is the best moment for Utd since they won the title

Highest net spend in Europe last 5 windows (after Angel di Maria and Marcos Rojo transfers)
Rags £240m
PSG. £235m
Barca £155m
Chelsea £137m
Real £126m
City £107m

aguero93:20 said:
Highest net spend in Europe last 5 seasons (after Angel di Maria and Marcos Rojo transfers)
Rags £240m
PSG. £235m
Barca £155m
Chelsea £137m
Real £126m
City £107m

Just for accuracy, last five windows rather than last five seasons, yes?

Henkeman said:
Highest net spend in Europe last 5 windows (after Angel di Maria and Marcos Rojo transfers)
Rags £240m
PSG. £235m
Barca £155m
Chelsea £137m
Real £126m
City £107m

Just for accuracy, last five windows rather than last five seasons, yes?
Que?

:)

Rags £240m
PSG. £235m
Barca £155m
Chelsea £137m
Real £126m
City £107m

How on earth are we meant to compete with such under-investment???

Sack the board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.