United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
keith's curle said:
No6 said:
The philosophical tactician isn't looking to strengthen in January apparently.

He wasn't going to play a back four.
He wasn't going to need more than three months to prove himself.
He didn't think he had an unbalanced side.
Etc, etc, etc.

I'm beginning to think he simply opens his mouth and sees what comes out.

Mr Curle you are right, i have it on good authority they have already contacted Villa about Vlaar.

No6 said:
The philosophical tactician isn't looking to strengthen in January apparently. He must be as deluded as the Rag tools in my office if he thinks top 4 is attainable with that rabble in their back four:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/05/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-january" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ed-january</a>

If the rags aren't the biggest spenders in the Jan window then I will be majorly shocked. It's mental enough as it is that turtlehead and the media seem to think that they are improving? The best bit in that article though is the bit about Strootman,

"However, there is confidence that this stance can be changed at the end of the season, with last summer’s on-off chase for Ángel di María evidence of how a deal can be done".

So basically, throwing enough money at the problem then? I thought a club as "big" as United bled their youth through, you know, all that sort of bullshit.

Not using the newly aquired Di Maria method of throwing 60 mil and some 300k+ a week in order to get them to sign. The media spin on it really is glaringly obvious. I'm loving every second of their demise and long may it continue, I hope they buy no-one in Jan, get a load more fuck off injuries and get relegated.

RyanP3609 said:
No6 said:
The philosophical tactician isn't looking to strengthen in January apparently. He must be as deluded as the Rag tools in my office if he thinks top 4 is attainable with that rabble in their back four:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/05/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-january" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ed-january</a>

If the rags aren't the biggest spenders in the Jan window then I will be majorly shocked. It's mental enough as it is that turtlehead and the media seem to think that they are improving? The best bit in that article though is the bit about Strootman,

"However, there is confidence that this stance can be changed at the end of the season, with last summer’s on-off chase for Ángel di María evidence of how a deal can be done".

So basically, throwing enough money at the problem then? I thought a club as "big" as United bled their youth through, you know, all that sort of bullshit.

Not using the newly aquired Di Maria method of throwing 60 mil and some 300k+ a week in order to get them to sign. The media spin on it really is glaringly obvious. I'm loving every second of their demise and long may it continue, I hope they buy no-one in Jan, get a load more fuck off injuries and get relegated.

I hope they spend another £100 million and carry on trying to shoe-horn expensive players into their team, whilst playing football like the egotistical bunch of mercanaries that they tried labelling us with

Any dressing room with Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie, Mata and Van Gaal in it is asking for trouble

RyanP3609 said:
No6 said:

I don’t think they will massively overhaul the squad, it just wouldn’t be possible. At best they will force through some deals for good players by over paying.

They already have a big problem in moving on the dross they will have one eye on this problem and won’t want to panic buy. They also still have an age problem, I would probably put carrick and rvp, in their best 11 and they will need to address that at some point.

All in all they have a massive job to do to transition out of the legacy Fergie squad and into something else. Buying over paid mediocrity in a January window is not the way to go about it. The paying up Andersons contract is a step in the right direction for them and there will be more of that to follow.

Gaudion M said:
RyanP3609 said:
No6 said:

I don’t think they will massively overhaul the squad, it just wouldn’t be possible. At best they will force through some deals for good players by over paying.

They already have a big problem in moving on the dross they will have one eye on this problem and won’t want to panic buy. They also still have an age problem, I would probably put carrick and rvp, in their best 11 and they will need to address that at some point.

All in all they have a massive job to do to transition out of the legacy Fergie squad and into something else. Buying over paid mediocrity in a January window is not the way to go about it. The paying up Andersons contract is a step in the right direction for them and there will be more of that to follow.

It's a bit late for that (see the last transfer window!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.