United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
3 years? No rush Louis. Take as long as you like.

Wonder what fat boy shaw thinks about all this...three years to sort out big spending utd,yet his old club employ a manager who appears to know what he,s doing,without spending £150M and sitting 2nd in the league....

jacko74 said:
lancs blue said:
Apparently, according to the Turtle, it will now take 3 years for them to reach their full potential - wasn't it 3 months at the start of the season?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29949390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29949390</a>

I seem to remember in about week 2 of the season he said ''judge me on the team I put out next Tuesday... that will be my team playing my way''

So we've gone from ''next Tuesday'' to ''3 months'' to ''3 years''!
Expect "3 years next Tuesday" at his next press-conference.

No wonder they're doing commercial deals like there's no tomorrow. If their EBITDA falls below £65m then they're in breach of their bond and banking covenants. The only get-out is if they fail to qualify for the CL but that has to be in two non-consecutive years.

So if they don't make it this year (which will be two consecutive years) and fall below that figure, they'll be in breach and in theory the bank can recall loans and withdraw credit facilities. The bond holders may be able to demand immediate redemption of the bonds as well. Tick fucking tock.

Prestwich_Blue said:
No wonder they're doing commercial deals like there's no tomorrow. If their EBITDA falls below £65m then they're in breach of their bond and banking covenants. The only get-out is if they fail to qualify for the CL but that has to be in two non-consecutive years.

So if they don't make it this year (which will be two consecutive years) and fall below that figure, they'll be in breach and in theory the bank can recall loans and withdraw credit facilities. The bond holders may be able to demand immediate redemption of the bonds as well. Tick fucking tock.
I know what a EBITDA is but for the thick fuckers on here tell them was it means :)

sir peace frog said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I know what a EBITDA is but for the thick fuckers on here tell them was it means :)
It's earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation. Last financial year they reported £130m but expect it to be in the range of £90-95m in the current financial year. So they should be alright this year but if it carries on dropping then they'll be sweating. I thought it was about £100m this year with an expected drop of around £40m, which would have put them under the £65m.

I'm liking what I'm reading PB.

As for mutant turtles 'Judge me in 3 years', there's no chance he'll be there in 3 years, he may not even last the season. He'll use the 3 years line to suggest he wasn't given enough time.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Not sure that's good news. If the Glazers are forced to sell they might be replaced by rich people who know what they are doing. I prefer this slow, lingering, painful (and highly amusing) fall from grace.

blue b4 the moon said:
I'm liking what I'm reading PB.

As for mutant turtles 'Judge me in 3 years', there's no chance he'll be there in 3 years, he may not even last the season. He'll use the 3 years line to suggest he wasn't given enough time.

He's getting his retaliation in first, to paraphrase Tubby Docherty!

dennishasdoneit said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
3 years? No rush Louis. Take as long as you like.

Wonder what fat boy shaw thinks about all this...three years to sort out big spending utd,yet his old club employ a manager who appears to know what he,s doing,without spending £150M and sitting 2nd in the league....

Southampton doesn't have a "gay village" though does it?

England left back for the next 10+ years, limelight etc. He won't be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.