United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
malg said:
mad4city said:
de niro said:
heard on talkshite this morning wanking over him. embarrassing. i've always rated him but of late he's been dire. he's got his caps by being the best of a bad bunch. he also would not have had as many had he played for any other club. its all about shirt sales and tv figures. take his pens off and he's been bloody awful in front of goal.to think he has now made captain says more about our football and the fa and its greed then anything else. its got to the point that i half hope we get beat.

The poor man's Robbie Keane?

It's laughable, the lionisation of an ordinary footballer who occasionally, very occasionally, hit the high notes. Since that goal (and hats off, if one of ours got it, we'd still be giddy), he's contributed the sum total of fork all to both club and country. If he played for any other club, he'd be lamentable at this stage.
His trophy cabinet would suggest that he's better than ordinary. I'd suggest that we'd be better as a team if we'd have signed him when we had the chance.

That said, he's still a detestable c**t of a human being.

HIS trophy cabinet. Football is a team game and he has been lucky enough to be part of successful sides.
He's never been world class, imo, a very good player in the past, but is a shadow of his former self.
But to say HIS trophy cabinet proves that he is more than ordinary, is wrong imo, it proves nothing.
His match to match performances, along with every other footballer, determine how good he is or isn't.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
malg said:
mad4city said:
The poor man's Robbie Keane?

It's laughable, the lionisation of an ordinary footballer who occasionally, very occasionally, hit the high notes. Since that goal (and hats off, if one of ours got it, we'd still be giddy), he's contributed the sum total of fork all to both club and country. If he played for any other club, he'd be lamentable at this stage.
His trophy cabinet would suggest that he's better than ordinary. I'd suggest that we'd be better as a team if we'd have signed him when we had the chance.

That said, he's still a detestable c**t of a human being.

HIS trophy cabinet. Football is a team game and he has been lucky enough to be part of successful sides.
He's never been world class, imo, a very good player in the past, but is a shadow of his former self.
But to say HIS trophy cabinet proves that he is more than ordinary, is wrong imo, it proves nothing.
His match to match performances, along with every other footballer, determine how good he is or isn't.
You're right there, because Phil Neville has more or less the same trophies!

Di Maria: PSG move stopped by money problems
Angel Di Maria has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain's spending restrictions prevented him moving to France rather than Manchester United last summer.

Di Maria was the subject of significant interest from the Ligue 1 champions before eventually moving to Old Trafford in a British-record €75 million deal, and the Argentine has subsequently made an impressive start to his Premier League career.

PSG were fined €62m and issued with a spending restriction last summer for breaching Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations, and Di Maria believes this was the key reason why they had to pull out of the race to sign him - especially after they sanctioned a €50m move for Chelsea's David Luiz.

"PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn't buy players," the Argentine said in an interview with Telefoot. "This is the main reason I didn't go there. Playing in the French league would please a lot of players.

"Now I'm in the English league. But you never know, there is a lot of movement in football. You can never predict where you're going to play.

"There were a lot of clubs interested in me. A lot, really. But Manchester United appeared and didn't go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened."

Di Maria admits the possibility of moving to the French capital intrigued him, and has not ruled out the prospect of joining PSG in the future.

"It could have been a good experience for me to go to Paris," he added. "I know I'm still young, perhaps I'll go to PSG one day. I don't know how it will all end."

Real Madrid's decision to sell Di Maria after an impressive season and decisive display in the Champions League final caused consternation among many, but the Argentine insists he is happy with the way things have worked out.

"It's a different style of football here at Manchester United," he continued. "I'm very happy. I don't have regrets about leaving Real Madrid. I think I won everything I wanted with Real: La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa Del Rey."

he really doesnt like it at the rags, does he. cheeky bid in the summer

bluechampion7891 said:
Angel Di Maria has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain's spending restrictions prevented him moving to France rather than Manchester United last summer.

Di Maria was the subject of significant interest from the Ligue 1 champions before eventually moving to Old Trafford in a British-record €75 million deal, and the Argentine has subsequently made an impressive start to his Premier League career.

PSG were fined €62m and issued with a spending restriction last summer for breaching Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations, and Di Maria believes this was the key reason why they had to pull out of the race to sign him - especially after they sanctioned a €50m move for Chelsea's David Luiz.

"PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn't buy players," the Argentine said in an interview with Telefoot. "This is the main reason I didn't go there. Playing in the French league would please a lot of players.

"Now I'm in the English league. But you never know, there is a lot of movement in football. You can never predict where you're going to play.

"There were a lot of clubs interested in me. A lot, really. But Manchester United appeared and didn't go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened."

Di Maria admits the possibility of moving to the French capital intrigued him, and has not ruled out the prospect of joining PSG in the future.

"It could have been a good experience for me to go to Paris," he added. "I know I'm still young, perhaps I'll go to PSG one day. I don't know how it will all end."

Real Madrid's decision to sell Di Maria after an impressive season and decisive display in the Champions League final caused consternation among many, but the Argentine insists he is happy with the way things have worked out.

"It's a different style of football here at Manchester United," he continued. "I'm very happy. I don't have regrets about leaving Real Madrid. I think I won everything I wanted with Real: La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa Del Rey."

every man and his dog know that he is at the rats only because of money and they they're was the only club stupid enough to spend 60M on him

MihaiCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:

every man and his dog know that he is at the rats only because of money and they we're the only club stupid enough to spend 60M on him

yeah, but these new quotes are coming out more openly and right after his wife's insistence that everything is rosy. Just at the same time his form has dipped.......

bluechampion7891 said:
MihaiCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:

every man and his dog know that he is at the rats only because of money and they we're the only club stupid enough to spend 60M on him

yeah, but these new quotes are coming out more openly and right after his wife's insistence that everything is rosy. Just at the same time his form has dipped.......

A rag at work said he`s not happy about being played out of position at the moment.

bazbarrybazzer said:
bluechampion7891 said:
MihaiCity said:

A rag at work said he`s not happy about being played out of position at the moment.
Who does he play for? Is he any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.