United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘My greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f****** perch… And you can print that.’

A feat arguably achieved by George Graham and Arsenal in 1991. Liverpool won their last title in 1990, the GPC won his first in 1993 having managed them from 1986. Yes, he left them with more league titles than Liverpool but fewer European Cups and fewer than Bob Paisley had won. They'd been knocked off their perch though before United started to dominate.

It'll be interesting to see what the attendance is at the swamp tonight seeing as the purchase of home League Cup tickets, unlike the Champions League and FA Cup, is voluntary for season ticket holders. In their last title winning season the rags' official attendance for the Newcastle League Cup game was 46,358 (29,000 empty seats) while the GMP figure was 33,409 (42,000 empty seats).

It will be the lowest crowd in "Manchester" for any home game so far this season is my guess unless they fiddle the figures.

A feat arguably achieved by George Graham and Arsenal in 1991. Liverpool won their last title in 1990, the GPC won his first in 1993 having managed them from 1986. Yes, he left them with more league titles than Liverpool but fewer European Cups and fewer than Bob Paisley had won. They'd been knocked off their perch though before United started to dominate.

Liverpool knocked themselves off their perch! Honestly can't work our how they've not managed to win a single title in the last 25 years, they've had some top quality players and a squad capable of winning titles!?!

Because many people have invested so much of their time and energy into being the number 1 Rag hating Blue. And they need to express it on here at every opportunity. It's like opening a vent. Take that away and they end up watching Bake off, or kicking the cat.

I work in Manchester with match going blues, (some of them are on here) and have done all of my working career. I have never heard them utter much of the distasteful stuff that is sometimes posted on here. I would say that 90% of City fans are sound, and a small minority drag them down. I can see that Ric and the Mods are trying to stimulate some form of a conversation on here, but it's always diminished by the few, while the many good posters on here fade into the shadows or log off. Shame.

Great thanks for the reply. Now bugger off back to your own forum. Rag ;-)

Seriously, I hate United as much as the next man. Always have. I hate the fact they won everything whilst we were shite, I hate much of the way they won things. I particularly despise the way they airbrush history to propagate the myth of the "united way". I loathe the fact that so many Utd fans still worship "le king" even after he made their club pay him 1000's in appearance money and expenses to play in the Munich anniversary game. And I really hate the fact that the club "that does things the right way" paid him that money , not out of their own coffers, but out of the proceeds of the game itself. Robbing the survivors families. I can confidently predict if (God forbid) such a tragedy were to befall city, and one of our favourite sons wanted paying to play in a memorial game HH sheik Mansour would pay him from us own pocket, not the proceeds of the game.

And city fans would never sing his name again. That's the difference between the two sets of fans, right there. You can have your rivalry with Liverpool. As fans and clubs you share many of the same attributes. None of which I would ever want city to have.

Liverpool knocked themselves off their perch! Honestly can't work our how they've not managed to win a single title in the last 25 years, they've had some top quality players and a squad capable of winning titles!?!

In truth you're absolutely right. The man who actually knocked them off their perch was Graeme Souness. George Graham was the first to benefit from their implosion.

Over 10k posts about the rags, it makes us seem obsessed. Who cares about them anyway and who cares about who they consider to be their biggest rival. They are just a has been club!

On Radio 2 Chris Evans show this morning the sports guy was saying that the expected crowd was gonna be 75 thousand this evening !!!!! Really ?

Great thanks for the reply. Now bugger off back to your own forum. Rag ;-)

Seriously, I hate United as much as the next man. Always have. I hate the fact they won everything whilst we were shite, I hate much of the way they won things. I particularly despise the way they airbrush history to propagate the myth of the "united way". I loathe the fact that so many Utd fans still worship "le king" even after he made their club pay him 1000's in appearance money and expenses to play in the Munich anniversary game. And I really hate the fact that the club "that does things the right way" paid him that money , not out of their own coffers, but out of the proceeds of the game itself. Robbing the survivors families. I can confidently predict if (God forbid) such a tragedy were to befall city, and one of our favourite sons wanted paying to play in a memorial game HH sheik Mansour would pay him from us own pocket, not the proceeds of the game.

And city fans would never sing his name again. That's the difference between the two sets of fans, right there. You can have your rivalry with Liverpool. As fans and clubs you share many of the same attributes. None of which I would ever want city to have.
mbd1xfok75bi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.