United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was up to me I'd have given them all houses for life, but it's almost 60 years too late now, and many of them have passed away. It's worth noting that this story only came into the public domain from a book that was published in 2006, so none of the people involved at the club in the late 50's could verify or dispute any of the content. The story centered around Jackie Blanchflower, who survived the crash, but was too injured to play again. Him and his pregnant wife were asked to move out of the players digs in Salford. As was Johnny Berry who was also injured in the crash. I haven't found any concrete stories about deceased players wives and children being evicted from club houses. Although if someone on here can locate the facts around that tale, I would like to read up on it.
You have dodged the question you said things were different in the 50,s what did tyour shithouse club do to put things right in the next 40 years ?

I'm more than a little dubious about that figure. It would mean Old Trafford was more than 50% empty which would have been simply impossible to hide from the TV cameras you'd suspect. Where is that figure sourced from?

It was off twitter mate, it looked half fucking empty to me, all the top tiers were empty!

I'm sure the TV commentators would have mentioned it. They always seem to when we don't get a full house.

It's funny that City fans accuse United fans of droning on about the Munich Air disaster, yet you guys post about it 20 times a day!

WAGS in an abbreviation of wives and girlfriends. The Busby Babes were young boys, so Duncan Edwards, Eddie Coleman, David Pegg, Tommy Taylor and Billy Whelan weren't married. So including their girlfriends only gives gravity to your repetitive tale. Although, the context of those times is gleefully avoided by many on here.

There was nothing unique about the harsh way that the Munich survivors were treated. This was a time of austerity in professional football, when players received an absurdly low maximum wage (little above skilled manual earnings) and had their contract terms dictated by the clubs.

Furthermore, in wider society, there was no compensation culture, no requirement to parade emotions in public. After two world wars, the victims of trauma were expected to show resilience, not indulge in blaming others.

It is ridiculous to impose modern values and the riches of the Premiership era on the late Fifties.

For fucks sake you sad rag twat why dont you just fuck off back to wherever you come from.

You harp on about shit that nobody gives a toss about. Yoonited have milked Munich for years and regardless of how you try to put a spin on it you cant deny that that Yoonited kicked out the families of the disaster. Times of austerity maybe but it still doesnt change the fact that they were treated disgracefully by Yoonited.

Bye bye Shallyman

You lot obsessing about Man Uniteds attendance is as embarrassing as when their daft kids do it about ours. Who gives a fuck?

Criticise them for being supported mainly by half-interested balloons. Criticise them for being deluded. Criticise them for having a knob end of a manager. Criticise them for reaping why they sowed by getting a leech of an owner. Criticise them for living in the past. Criticise them for being a Disney football club playing in a delapidated money making theme park. Criticise them for being bad losers. Criticise them for the monstrous arrogance which permiates the club from top to bottom.

But you can't criticise them for attendances. The ground might be full of muppets, but there are plenty of them, like flies around a turd.

For fucks sake you sad rag twat why dont you just fuck off back to wherever you come from.

You harp on about shit that nobody gives a toss about. Yoonited have milked Munich for years and regardless of how you try to put a spin on it you cant deny that that Yoonited kicked out the families of the disaster. Times of austerity maybe but it still doesnt change the fact that they were treated disgracefully by Yoonited.

Bye bye Shallyman

The "defence" seems to be that "everyone treated people like shit back then so United were perfectly within their rights to not give a shit about their former players, and their families, after the disaster".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.