United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot obsessing about Man Uniteds attendance is as embarrassing as when their daft kids do it about ours. Who gives a fuck?

Criticise them for being supported mainly by half-interested balloons. Criticise them for being deluded. Criticise them for having a knob end of a manager. Criticise them for reaping why they sowed by getting a leech of an owner. Criticise them for living in the past. Criticise them for being a Disney football club playing in a delapidated money making theme park. Criticise them for being bad losers. Criticise them for the monstrous arrogance which permiates the club from top to bottom.

But you can't criticise them for attendances. The ground might be full of muppets, but there are plenty of them, like flies around a turd.

It's not the fact (potentially) that Old Trafford was half empty for a Capital One Cup game against a lower league side (which is perfectly understandable if you ask me) it's the hypocrisy that this illustrates that people are more concerned with. Our, perceived, lack of stadium going fans and the mythical "swathes of empty seats" they claim are at the Etihad every game are used as a rod to beat us with on a regular basis. When the bully is demonstrated to be a hypocrite as well it's entirely acceptable to call him out on it.

It's not the fact (potentially0 that Old Trafford was half empty for a Capital One Cup game against a lower league side (which is perfectly understandable if you ask me) it's the hypocrisy that this illustrates that people are more concerned with. Our, perceived, lack of stadium going fans and the mythical "swathes of empty seats" they claim are at the Etihad every game are used as a rod to beat us with on a regular basis. When the bully is demonstrated to be a hypocrite as well it's entirely acceptable to call him out on it.

As somebody else has already posted – if they're going to use the "empty seats" line as an insult then they've gotta be damn sure they sell out every game! Otherwise it's like Bryan Riggs calling John Terry and unfaithful bastard!

It's not the fact (potentially0 that Old Trafford was half empty for a Capital One Cup game against a lower league side (which is perfectly understandable if you ask me) it's the hypocrisy that this illustrates that people are more concerned with. Our, perceived, lack of stadium going fans and the mythical "swathes of empty seats" they claim are at the Etihad every game are used as a rod to beat us with on a regular basis. When the bully is demonstrated to be a hypocrite as well it's entirely acceptable to call him out on it.
Oh they are the biggest hypocrites and bullies in football, no doubt. That's why they don't like city being better: most of them signed up for a life of glory and gloating, with City as their perennial stooge. And I certainly don't want to be seen to be standing up for them, so I will refrain from pointing out the obvious with regards to ground capacities.

If it was up to me I'd have given them all houses for life, but it's almost 60 years too late now, and many of them have passed away. It's worth noting that this story only came into the public domain from a book that was published in 2006, so none of the people involved at the club in the late 50's could verify or dispute any of the content. The story centered around Jackie Blanchflower, who survived the crash, but was too injured to play again. Him and his pregnant wife were asked to move out of the players digs in Salford. As was Johnny Berry who was also injured in the crash. I haven't found any concrete stories about deceased players wives and children being evicted from club houses. Although if someone on here can locate the facts around that tale, I would like to read up on it.

Now I know you're talking bollocks.

Oh they are the biggest hypocrites and bullies in football, no doubt. That's why they don't like city being better: most of them signed up for a life of glory and gloating, with City as their perennial stooge. And I certainly don't want to be seen to be standing up for them, so I will refrain from pointing out the obvious with regards to ground capacities.

If you ignore capacities and consider actual bums on seats then, should the 34,500 Ipswich attendance be believed (and I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced) then they don't fare too much better than we do. For Sheffield Wednesday in the same round, of the same cup, last season we had an attendance of 32,346. When we played them again in the FA a couple of months later we had 44,000 there, and 44,000 attended again when we played Boro in the next round (albeit these last two were weekend games so attendances should be expected to be higher than for midweek). Given United's huge fanbase, and the fact no-one ever seems capable of getting a ticket to a match when questioned as to why they don't go, surely they should be getting substantially more people turning up to watch them than the side down the road who they constantly lambast for having no fans and a half empty stadium?

But you can't criticise them for attendances. The ground might be full of muppets, but there are plenty of them, like flies around a turd.
That's the point though DD. We all know the LC doesn't attracts fans quite as much as the league. If it was 35k at the swamp last night, then we'd have done well to have got that if we'd been playing Ipswich. But it's the fact that the ground clearly wasn't full but they refuse to officially release the attendance. Good grief - if something like that got out, they might lose some of their fans in Asia, where we all know they're the biggest club.

You lot obsessing about Man Uniteds attendance is as embarrassing as when their daft kids do it about ours. Who gives a fuck?

Criticise them for being supported mainly by half-interested balloons. Criticise them for being deluded. Criticise them for having a knob end of a manager. Criticise them for reaping why they sowed by getting a leech of an owner. Criticise them for living in the past. Criticise them for being a Disney football club playing in a delapidated money making theme park. Criticise them for being bad losers. Criticise them for the monstrous arrogance which permiates the club from top to bottom.

It's far from embarrassing mate, we must take every opportunity to rub shit into these fuckers and last nights attendance is just that. The biggest club in the world can barely muster up 30,000 at home is for me a point to annoy them with.

That's the point though DD. We all know the LC doesn't attracts fans quite as much as the league. If it was 35k at the swamp last night, then we'd have done well to have got that if we'd been playing Ipswich. But it's the fact that the ground clearly wasn't full but they refuse to officially release the attendance. Good grief - if something like that got out, they might lose some of their fans in Asia, where we all know they're the biggest club.

Or they might decide to travel over for the Middlesboro match. ;-)

It's not a case of us obsessing about their attendance, more a case of us highlight the complete hypocrisy of THEM being obsessed with ours! I couldn't care less how many they get in that shithole, but if you've got to be sure you're own house is in order before giving out shit!

Correct mate, there foundations are like fucking quick sand, they cant be seen to be on the wane attendance wise as 99% of there fan base would jump ship to support another team if it became public knowledge that they are in fact fucking well and truly past it .

DD , its just a case of pointing it out to the cunts that they are not what they think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.